Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly Fire at Faux News
(03-22-2018, 07:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I said only liberals stereotype.

You said all liberals stereotype.  Do you deny that?

That is a classic Fox speaking point.
(03-22-2018, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You said all liberals stereotype.  Do you deny that?

That is a classic Fox speaking point.

Jesus read what you wrote before that. My God. I was responding to your stereotype, but I love that that’s the best you can come up with as proof. Now please show me where I said only liberals stereotype.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-22-2018, 07:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: ‘Cause I can look things up.

Show me the link where you look up what Fox is not reporting on.

(03-22-2018, 07:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Why the hell would I lie about what I watch?

Because you want to distance yourself from the crazy shit they sometimes say.

Why the hell would you spend so much time researching Fox News and posting here about Fox News if you never watched Fox News?
(03-22-2018, 06:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why are you obsessed with defending something you never watch?

Why do you blindly repeat every conservative speaking point that Fox News pours into its listeners heads?

Only a Fox News fan would claim that liberals are the only ones who stereotype people.

And link to the thread on page one because I missed it.

(03-22-2018, 06:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So are you saying I’m lying or that I don’t know what I watch.

You missed the joke on stereotyping.  Oh and even in the joke I never claimed only liberals stereotype. Why would you say I did?

Please show me where I blindly repeat what Fox says.

You’re on it right now.

(03-22-2018, 07:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you know wexactly how many viewers Fox has each night if you never watch?

Why do you know the names of all the commentators there if you never watch?

How do you claim to know what Fox news is not covering if you never watch?

All I had to do was use the search function here to see all the quotes you have made about Fox News in various threads.  You are an expert on Fox News.

I can post a link to t thread where you specifically said that Fox News was not covering a specific issue.  How would you have known that if you don't watch Fox news?

(03-22-2018, 07:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: ‘Cause I can look things up. Why the hell would I lie about what I watch?. Now post the quotes where I parrot Fox News and answer why you said I said only liberals stereotype.  That’s the only lie I see here.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-22-2018, 07:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus read what you wrote before that.  My God.  I was responding to your stereotype, but I love that that’s the best you can come up with as proof.  Now please show me where I said only liberals stereotype.

So why did you not answer my question?

Didn't you say that all liberals stereotype?

Isn't that a classic Fox news quote?

I'll admit you never said that only liberals stereotype if you will answer these questions.
(03-22-2018, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Show me the link where you look up what Fox is not reporting on.

Because you want to distance yourself from the crazy shit they sometimes say.

Why the hell would you spend so much time researching Fox News and posting here about Fox News if you never watched Fox News?

You mean like going to Fox News website and seeing what’s there? Not a real tough one.

If I were a Fox watcher why would I want to distance myself? In the end though you are calling me a liar.

Spend time researching? Google Fox News viewers. I look up things when it arises.

Now where did I say only liberals stereotype?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-22-2018, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So why did you not answer my question?

Didn't you say that all liberals stereotype?

Isn't that a classic Fox news quote?

I'll admit you never said that only liberals stereotype if you will answer these questions.

Yes I said it. It was in response to you stereotyping an entire group of people. Get it yet? And you think I couldn’t come up with that without Fox?

You know what? I’ve been avoiding this nonsense for a long time now. Believe what you want. I’m not getting sucked back into this 6th grade back and forth pointless crap.

(03-22-2018, 06:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Like all liberals you stereotype people. 

Hilarious  I can't be the only one who caught this
(03-22-2018, 07:28 PM)treee Wrote: Hilarious  I can't be the only one who caught this

The last page and a half of back and forth leads me to believe you are not the only one that caught this; however, I think you need to look at the post he was replying to to understand the context
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-22-2018, 06:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Like all liberals you stereotype people.  

Hilarious that was elegant.

(03-22-2018, 05:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I assume you don't consider yourself either, so why the obsession?  i never see a bunch of MSNBC threads around here.  It's a weird lefty thing I guess.

Maybe it is. I doubt that in general, because here's what I find to be the truth. I do get a certain portion of MSNBC criticism, CNN criticism. I can get to a certain degree why they can be seen as partisan and not completely trustworthy. 
I can not in good conscience agree with the implied view that MSNBC is the FOX of the left and that they are just the respective partisan channels. In that FOX is way, way, way worse. No anchor on CNN or MSNBC, at least none I came across, comes even close to the dark, sinister conspiracies a Sean Hannity spins, to the zealotry of Lou Dobbs figures, to the devotion to their guy and their cause the Fox and Friends crew displays, to the extreme partisanry of Tucker Carlson. 
I went through MSNBC shows and was slightly bewildered. I went through the FOX shows and was deeply shocked.
I guess the reason for the obsession is that many people see it similarly. I couldn't blame them.
(03-22-2018, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll catch myself looking at The Five every now and then. There something about that program that draws my attention, but I can quite put my finger on it:

[Image: giphy.gif]

You obviously like fat guys.
(03-22-2018, 08:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: You obviously like fat guys.

There's a guy in the gif? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-22-2018, 05:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I love how important Fox is to you guys.  You literally boo,  cheer and eat up articles about a cable network.  TNTs ratings are up!!!!  They have it all over TBS!!!!

Because like this guy who quit working for them their propaganda bullshit is very concerning. 

Faux news brought fake news to the main stream. They dont give a shit about the damage they do. 

It is important to me because a large population of my country is brain washed by the poison partisan bullshit they spew. The extremely partisan divide our country is currently in is in large part due to "fair and balanced" "news".

And you can act like it is not important. But this is what drives your presidents thought process. And where he just hand picked your next National Security adviser. 

Keep telling yourself the number one "news" organization spewing copious amounts of shit is ok. I will keep being concerned a large portion of my country is being brain washed.
(03-22-2018, 08:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Because like this guy who quit working for them their propaganda bullshit is very concerning. 

Faux news brought fake news to the main stream. They dont give a shit about the damage they do. 

It is important to me because a large population of my country is brain washed by the poison partisan bullshit they spew. The extremely partisan divide our country is currently in is in large part due to "fair and balanced" "news".

And you can act like it is not important. But this is what drives your presidents thought process. And where he just hand picked your next National Security adviser. 

Keep telling yourself the number one "news" organization spewing copious amounts of shit is ok. I will keep being concerned a large portion of my country is being brain washed.

2.4 Million viewers. 488,000 in the 25-54 age. 126,000,000 voters in 2016

(03-22-2018, 05:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I love how important Fox is to you guys.  You literally boo,  cheer and eat up articles about a cable network.  TNTs ratings are up!!!!  They have it all over TBS!!!!

Because like this guy who quit working for them their propaganda bullshit is very concerning. 

(03-22-2018, 06:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How many viewers a night?

This data is from last month.  Fox was then averging 2.77 million prime time viewers, almost a million more than MSNBC.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news-network-viewership-usa/
(03-23-2018, 12:33 AM)Dill Wrote: This data is from last month.  Fox was then averging 2.77 million prime time viewers, almost a million more than MSNBC.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news-network-viewership-usa/

So not really a lot of people. Certainly not enough to seize power even if Fox influenced them all which of course they didn’t. Many people would watch Fox because Fox says what they want to hear. They were always going to vote Republican. Some watch Fox because they hate them. Some people who watch Fox don’t vote.

Drumph aka fox news should have the most viewers. This is where the all the conservatives go to get their talking points and be told what to think. The other half of the country get their news from multiple sources.
(03-23-2018, 02:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So not really a lot of people. Certainly not enough to seize power even if Fox influenced them all which of course they didn’t. Many people would watch Fox because Fox says what they want to hear. They were always going to vote Republican. Some watch Fox because they hate them.  Some people who watch Fox don’t vote.

Michael, Looking at the audience size of the highest rated cable news program and saying that on any given night there are not enough numbers to "seize power" misses how Fox exercises its influence.

E.g., some people watch Fox News and choose their presidential advisors and cabinet members from its commentators, right?

By supporting uncritical and fringe views, and undermining "liberal" news organizations with higher standards, all they have to do is expand the existing right wing voting base enough to shave 3-5% off center or independent voters in critical states to "seize power."  And don't forget that Fox commentator Rush Limbaugh claims between 8-12 million listeners each week. Think of Hannity and Levin and Savage as well.  How many of the 39% of Trump supporters were nurtured in this media environment, even if they don't watch on a given night?

And who IS "in power" right now, riding a wave of birther fame and anti-government sentiment?  How many people are actually needed to keep enough congressmen from checking presidential power?