Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Here On Out ....
Speaking as someone who switched from Browns to Bengals in 1968, living just one hour north of Cincinnati, in Dayton, this is what I know and what the fan base is up against.

Paul Brown was just the opposite of his son. Yes, there were a couple of isolated incidents, that were exceptions, but, for the most part, he wanted his players to breathe and eat football BEFORE family or any other part of their lives. This, back when many players had to have jobs to supplement their football salaries. Because of that, many of the players resented him, and said Brown had very little contact with them.

Mike is a lot like Marvin and Tony Dungy as far as his personality goes. Laid back and more concerned for the players lives OFF the football field, and expects them to hold families before football, seeing the reality that football is their job.

The problem with all that is there is no 'fire' and intensity to lead the team with.

Can a coach have a personality with both? Absolutely, just look at Zimmer. He has openly expressed his love for Bridgewater and all his players, but has that fire needed to have his team 3-0, beating the Packers and Panthers in two of those wins.

Realistically, you're not going to turn a Marvin Lewis and Tony Dungy into a Zimmer, Harbaugh, or Hue Jackson.

Most ideal situation would be for Marvin to retire, and since Brown really likes Jackson, for him to lure him away from the Browns and back to the Bengals, but I believe that has a slim to none chance of happening.

So, it is what it is, and that's where the franchise is at.

I know Lap is not a football guru, but I do respect his football knowledge and his long standing years of knowledge with this franchise, and he admitted in his Radio Recap broadcast of the Denver game, that he has concern for all the issues with the team this year, which just confirms what most have expressed here.

I feel that Thursday night will be a very important game for them to win, being it is with Miami and a primetime game which they struggle with both obstacles.

Funny how, depending on how this plays out I can see anywhere from a 10-6 to a 4-12 finish.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I'd say Mike and Paul have at least one thing in common.

[Image: Photo-B.jpg]

[Image: 20130105_jla_al2_402.0_standard_709.0.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, I'd say Mike and Paul have at least one thing in common.

[Image: Photo-B.jpg]

[Image: 20130105_jla_al2_402.0_standard_709.0.jpg]

Meh, truth be told, Paul Brown had a beef with Walsh and chose Tiger Johnson over him and let Bill Walsh walk.

Mike also let Mike Zimmer walk.
Reply/Quote