Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Kenny to Boomer to Joey B
For those of us that have been around for a while...I see JB as a perfect blend of the 2 QBS who have brought this team to a SB....Kenny Anderson and Boomer.
Kenny had great patience and accuracy and Boomer had the swag and leadership factor.
We may have ourselves a true superstar in JB. I hope and pray they get him more talent on that OLINE and sky is the limit.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:30 PM)kalibengal Wrote: For those of us that have been around for a while...I see JB as a perfect blend of the 2 QBS who have brought this team to a SB....Kenny Anderson and Boomer.
Kenny had great patience and accuracy and Boomer had the swag and leadership factor.
We may have ourselves a true superstar in JB. I hope and pray they get him more talent on that OLINE and sky is the limit.

Don't forget Boomer had a brilliant football mind, which Joe has by all accounts.

One of my favorite clips of Wyche and Boomer interacting is Boomer running through a drill while Sam is rapid firing situations and coverages, a d Boomer has to immediately recite the proper play call to attack that scenario while still doing the drill.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Don't forget Boomer had a brilliant football mind, which Joe has by all accounts.

One of my favorite clips of Wyche and Boomer interacting is Boomer running through a drill while Sam is rapid firing situations and coverages, a d Boomer has to immediately recite the proper play call to attack that scenario while still doing the drill.

Boomer's my favorite Bengal of all time.  If Mike had paid him what he asked, I think he would have taken the Bengals to another Super Bowl and got himself a gold jacket 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:30 PM)kalibengal Wrote: For those of us that have been around for a while...I see JB as a perfect blend of the 2 QBS who have brought this team to a SB....Kenny Anderson and Boomer.

This reminds me the Bengals have been fortunate with the QB position. Anderson to Boomer to Palmer to Dalton to Burrow. If you pepper in some Blake & Kitna, we've had a solid guys manning the position. I hope longevity proves us to Burrow > all previous Bengals QBs.
Reply/Quote