Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the look of things we are rebuilding
Well so far, there has been no news on contracts for whit, big Z, and Dre. This is beyond frustrating. And now reports that Pittsburg is going to go after Dre K. We really are the worst ran franchise in the NFL.

Think about that. Pittsburg, who gave AB a monster contract, who tagged bell with a lot of money, are going to go after Dre K.

But we don't have the money to bring a top free agent in, hell we don't even have the money to sign our own guys, you know with the rookies pay , and injury money .

This is why the franchise gets laughed at.

This is why , as much as it hurts to say it, we'll never shake the label of the "bungles"
Reply/Quote
Pittsburg going at him?

How much cap do they have holy shit

Their roster is already 10x better than ours and weve only got 42 dollars in cap space. Hows that happen?
Reply/Quote
More like letting the team crumble away.

If they were rebuilding they would start with a solid foundation.

They are building on sand.
Reply/Quote
Losing Kirk isn't a big deal in all honesty.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
With 11 draft picks we are looking at possibly 20% of our roster being new.

Shitsburg aint getting Kirk. Same way they aint getting Terrelle Pryor which was another rumor I read today.
Reply/Quote
At least we signed Logan Ryan considering Dre is on the Steelers now. BTW Isn't it crazy Romo plays for Washington all of a sudden? Ninja

Seriously do you guys believe everything you read or just get emotional about it?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: More like letting the team crumble away.

If they were rebuilding they would start with a solid foundation.

They are building on sand.

If this FA period goes south as it appears that it may, the team will definitely be in RE-building mode. Sick
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:33 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: At least we signed Logan Ryan considering Dre is on the Steelers now. BTW Isn't it crazy Romo plays for Washington all of a sudden? Ninja

Seriously do you guys believe everything you read or just get emotional about it?

I am an emotional wreck Cage. Hilarious   Sad  Shocked Cry

Just thought we would of had Whit locked up already before he goes talking to others.

We will lose a bidding war most likely. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Every time we make it to the playoffs and lose the first round, it seems like we are always rebuilding! Mad
Reply/Quote
Such negativity before anything has even happened...

Many teams out there wish that they had the core that this team does.  They have a top 10 QB, top 3 WR, game changing LB, Dunlap/Atkins combo, and a roster without a ton of glaring holes.  Let's wait and see how it all shakes out before we say that the sky is falling.
Reply/Quote
fight gang stalking? What's that got to do with Bengals football?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:51 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Such negativity before anything has even happened...

Many teams out there wish that they had the core that this team does.  They have a top 10 QB, top 3 WR, game changing LB, Dunlap/Atkins combo, and a roster without a ton of glaring holes.  Let's wait and see how it all shakes out before we say that the sky is falling.

Yeah, this thread was a little much.  I have no issue with being impatient and calling out Mike Brown (like it does anything) but to act like our offseason hinges on Dre?  I mean, they took Jackson in part so Dre wouldn't be able to handcuff them in negotiations.  I'm more at peace with him leaving than I thought I was, in part to this board for pointing out the depth at corner in the draft.  So the sky isn't falling on all of us.  
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:51 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Such negativity before anything has even happened...

It's that nothing has happened that is causing the stir.

The O-line is a glaring hole and the top two guys are free agents who are unsigned and it appears the team has already given up on re-signing Zeitler. Combine that with Whitworth's replacement sucking horribly and Whitworth is testing the market.

We did re-sign Adam Jones and Iloka last year, but Jones is one episode from a long suspension and Iloka went backwards.

The team rolls over salary cap space almost every year to extend contracts but since it reached long term deals with AJ Green, Dunlap and Andy Dalton it has mostly extended lessor guys (Williams over Nelson) or backups (Gio who was on pace for his worst year before being injured) rather than trying to secure its top core players. They did exercise their option on Eifert for a 5th year, but unless an extension is reached he'll be heading to free agency next year, which is exactly what occurred with Zeitler and Kirkpatrick.

The team has until May 3rd to exercise its 5th year option on Dennard and if they don't that will tell us what they really think of him. He hasn't had enough playing time for fans to see much, yet he's heading into his 4th year now.

If Kirkpatrick leaves (likely) and Jones gets suspended (likely) and the team doesn't exercise its option on Dennard, then we should not be surprised to see the team draft a corner fairly high in this draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The team tried to prepare for all of this but thus far it hasn't worked out.

Ogbuehi - First round pick
Dennard - First round pick
Jackson 3 - First round pick
Fisher - 2nd round pick

It is what it is.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:39 PM)Derrick Wrote: If this FA period goes south as it appears that it may, the team will definitely be in RE-building mode. Sick

Maybe third time's a charm.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

C, probably RG, RT, possibly LT, possibly two starting corners, LDE, a LB who can cover TE's, RB.  Yeah, that's not much.  How many of our guys can we lose before Whit says enough is enough?

The sky already fell.  You saw last season, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The same people were squealing and squirting all over themselves last year about how we were going to lose every single free agent on the team. You think some of them would be embarrassed about being proven wrong last year.

I know some people just love to ***** and moan and like to get in as much as they can before we actually sign some guys, but this thread is a perfect example of what i hate most about this place. Members who actually desire to wallow in self pity so much that they start crying before anything actually happens.

I just can't imaging going through life trying hard to make myself miserable over things that have not even happened yet.

Two years ago the biggest rip against Marvin was that he could not win with "the most talented roster in the league" and now suddenly all of our players are total garbage.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we are in a rebuild, but losing Whit might ensure another losing record in 2017-18. We have to get the oline on track in the offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 05:32 PM)Housh Wrote: Pittsburg going at him?

How much cap do they have holy shit

Their roster is already 10x better than ours and weve only got 42 dollars in cap space. Hows that happen?

well run franchises find the money to get the players they need.

whit is going o Broncos. Z will get a better contract elsewhere. Someone is gong to pay for Dre.

But we will be able to roll over $15 million to not sign the next group of free agents- they wont want to stay.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 09:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The same people were squealing and squirting all over themselves last year about how we were going to lose every single free agent on the team.  You think some of them would be embarrassed about being proven wrong last year.

I know some people just love to ***** and moan and like to get in as much as they can before we actually sign some guys, but this thread is a perfect example of what i hate most about this place.  Members who actually desire to wallow in self pity so much that they start crying before anything actually happens.

I just can't imaging going through life trying hard to make myself miserable over things that have not even happened yet.

Two years ago the biggest rip against Marvin was that he could not win with "the most talented roster in the league" and now suddenly all of our players are total garbage.
Fred

we have lost 7 consecutive playoff games without firing our coach and we lose 2 games to the Steelers just about every year.

Until the playoff loss to the Steelers last year, I have defended this team just as much as you since 1967 but the refusal to fire Marvin after his unprecedented poor record in playoff games and against our main rival has done me in.

Would any other pro team keep a manager who has lost every playoff game he has coached????

Do you really think there is a snowball's chance that this team will win a playoff game this year much less has a shot at the Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote