Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the look of things we are rebuilding
(03-06-2017, 05:22 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Well so far, there has been no news on contracts for whit, big Z, and Dre.  This is beyond frustrating. And now reports that Pittsburg is going to go after Dre K. We really are the worst ran franchise in the NFL.

Think about that. Pittsburg, who gave AB a monster contract, who tagged bell with a lot of money, are going to go after Dre K.

But we don't have the money to bring a top free agent in, hell we don't even have the money to sign our own guys, you know with the rookies pay , and injury money .

This is why the franchise gets laughed at.

This is why , as much as it hurts to say it, we'll never shake the label of the "bungles"

I get being frustrated with being a Bengals fan. A lot of us are.

But you're being WAY PREMATURE with this all. Free agency doesn't start until Thursday.

The Bengals free agents have no incentive to sign a contract now. Their value goes up when all of the other teams start talking to them.

The Bengals have absolutely been negotiating with Whitworth's Agent. I've read reports of this. The Bengals supposedly want Kirkpatrick back and are supposedly interested in Logan Ryan.

Zeitler is likely gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 05:32 PM)Housh Wrote: Pittsburg going at him?

How much cap do they have holy shit

Their roster is already 10x better than ours and weve only got 42 dollars in cap space. Hows that happen?

They cut under performing people to free up cap space. We do not. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They cut under performing people to free up cap space. We do not. 

They also restructure contracts. We do not.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 05:22 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Well so far, there has been no news on contracts for whit, big Z, and Dre.  This is beyond frustrating. And now reports that Pittsburg is going to go after Dre K. We really are the worst ran franchise in the NFL.

Think about that. Pittsburg, who gave AB a monster contract, who tagged bell with a lot of money, are going to go after Dre K.

But we don't have the money to bring a top free agent in, hell we don't even have the money to sign our own guys, you know with the rookies pay , and injury money .

This is why the franchise gets laughed at.

This is why , as much as it hurts to say it, we'll never shake the label of the "bungles"

Cleveland would beg to differ
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 09:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The same people were squealing and squirting all over themselves last year about how we were going to lose every single free agent on the team.  You think some of them would be embarrassed about being proven wrong last year.

I know some people just love to ***** and moan and like to get in as much as they can before we actually sign some guys, but this thread is a perfect example of what i hate most about this place.  Members who actually desire to wallow in self pity so much that they start crying before anything actually happens.

I just can't imaging going through life trying hard to make myself miserable over things that have not even happened yet.

Two years ago the biggest rip against Marvin was that he could not win with "the most talented roster in the league" and now suddenly all of our players are total garbage.

No, it isn't the same people. I was on the positive side last year and have always been one of the more positive
posters on these boards. This is different. If we lose our best O-lineman, one of our good Guards and our best RB
from last year we just went from bad to worse.

We don't cut our bad players or restructure contracts to free up cap space to go after big splash FA's.

We just do not do this. This team could be saved pretty easily. Sign back Whitworth whatever it takes, bring back
Burkhead, cut Maualuga and Gilberry, bring in Wisnewski, Sean Spence and Devin Taylor.

Draft BPA in the first round and a future talent at LT somewhat early and we are sitting pretty.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:39 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The team tried to prepare for all of this but thus far it hasn't worked out.

Ogbuehi - First round pick
Dennard - First round pick
Jackson 3 - First round pick
Fisher - 2nd round pick

It is what it is.

Turned out real well didn't it. So far anyhow. But it could still be turned around.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, it isn't the same people. I was on the positive side last year and have always been one of the more positive
posters on these boards. This is different. If we lose our best O-lineman, one of our good Guards and our best RB
from last year we just went from bad to worse.

Yes, I agree.  If that happens then I will complain.  But I am not going to fantasize about it happening just so I can start whining and complaining about it now.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, I agree.  If that happens then I will complain.  But I am not going to fantasize about it happening just so I can start whining and complaining about it now.

Cool, to each his own. I will use the boards accordingly and ***** and moan lol
Reply/Quote
So Bell got tagged, AB is the highest paid WR in the league, and the Steelers will make a play for DreK? Good for them they don't have our front office. With double the cap space we've been prepping our fan base for the loss of our own free agents while being fed the Model model bullshit. Looks like one of these teams says they want to win while showing their fans, players, and coaching staff they mean it. The other team believes comp picks will get their team to the promised land.

I think the funniest part of this is that Steelers are one of the teams we model ourselves after. I doubt there would've even been a chance they'd lose Whit, Z, and DreK. They would've already inked them. Not us. We draft, develop, and retain, so long as it's discount prices.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 11:04 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Fred

we have lost 7 consecutive playoff games without firing our coach and we lose 2 games to the Steelers just about every year.

Until the playoff loss to the Steelers last year, I have defended this team just as much as you since 1967 but the refusal to fire Marvin after his unprecedented poor record in playoff games and against our main rival has done me in.

Would any other pro team keep a manager who has lost every playoff game he has coached????

Do you really think there is a snowball's chance that this team will win a playoff game this year much less has a shot at the Super Bowl?

Yes I do have hope.  For years I heard the haters GUARANTEE that we would never make it to the playoffs consistently under Marvin Lewis, and they were wrong.  Just like everyone here guaranteeing that we will never win a championship under Marvin.  It might not happen, but the people who think that their opinions are facts have been proven wrong in the past.

I lived in Denver for a while in the early 90's.  I heard a lot of Elway haters making the exact same guarantees all you Marvin haters make around here.  They claimed that the fact that he had never won a Super Bowl proved that proved that he would never win a Super Bowl.  and they were all just as smug about how impossible it would be for them to be wrong.

If we don't win the Super Bowl this season then i will be disappointed.  But I will always have hope.

And I will never stoop to fantasizing about failure before it even happens just to wallow in self pity.
Reply/Quote