Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front Office & Burrow cost the cap 3.5M?
Missed deadline today at 4pm could have freed up another 3.5M had Burrow's deal been completed earlier today.

Joes reporting bonus of 4.53 could had been prorated over 5 years reducing it to 900k.

Reply/Quote
Ngl idc

It’s getting done.

No need to worry.

3.5 is enough to resign someone lesser or get another Nick Scott type vet. I think we’ll survive

But that could’ve got us another Qb so it is pretty important i guess
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 07:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Missed deadline today at 4pm could have freed up another 3.5M had Burrow's deal been completed earlier today.

Joes reporting bonus of 4.53 could had been prorated over 5 years reducing it to 900k.

Are you talking about his roster bonus?  Can they be prorated?  I don't know. A lot of this contract: if this then this, but not always stuff is too complicated for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 07:28 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Are you talking about his roster bonus?  Can they be prorated?  I don't know.  A lot of this contract:  if this then this, but not always stuff is too complicated for me.

Roster bonuses cannot be prorated, however they can be converted to signing bonuses and then prorated.  This is what happens every time people say Mahomes is reworking his contract, he really isnt, doesnt impact him in any way, just the salary cap.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 07:24 PM)Housh Wrote: Ngl idc

It’s getting done.

No need to worry.

3.5 is enough to resign someone lesser or get another Nick Scott type vet. I think we’ll survive

But that could’ve got us another Qb so it is pretty important i guess

This is doesn't make any sense.  If 3.5M doesnt matter why was it such a big deal for Mixon to take a 4M pay cut?  Every dollar means a ton when we are trying to extend 3 players as their signing bonuses proration dollars will count against the cap.

I'm not worried by the way, just hate seeing 3.5M wasted.  We are likely looking at 16-18M in prorated signing bonuses with a cap of only 19M.  That 3.5 could add on to a signing bonus or give us cushion to add a player later in the season in case of emergency.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 08:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Roster bonuses cannot be prorated, however they can be converted to signing bonuses and then prorated.  This is what happens every time people say Mahomes is reworking his contract, he really isnt, doesnt impact him in any way, just the salary cap.

Thanks.  So I'm guessing from your OP there is a league deadline that has passed for signing a player to a new contract and converting a roster bonus to a signing bonuses and then prorated?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 08:13 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Thanks.  So I'm guessing from your OP there is a league deadline that has passed for signing a player to player to a new contract and converting a roster bonus to a signing bonuses and then prorated?

The roster bonus in his contract is to be paid by the 3rd day following the mandatory veteran reporting date.    

Reply/Quote
Interesting. Don't know what to think of this. Hope it doesn't hurt the team any is all I can say on this.

That is still a lot of dough and could of been put to good use.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 02:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Interesting. Don't know what to think of this. Hope it doesn't hurt the team any is all I can say on this.

That is still a lot of dough and could of been put to good use.

Well we can pretty much surmise that Burrow isnt taking much of a team discount.  If he were then the contract would be in place and ready to sign as soon as Herbert's deal closed.

Reply/Quote