Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full 1st Round Post Super Bowl Mock with 7 Round Bengals Mock
1. Browns - Myles Garrett (DE) – The Browns did a good job draft Ogbah and Nassib at this position last year but Garrett is too good to pass up here. Unless they fall in love with Watson or Trubisky before the draft then I think they play it safe and grab the best overall talent.

2. 49ers – Deshaun Watson (QB) – I have seen Trubisky mocked here a lot and while I do feel the 49ers need to take a QB I just think Watson is the better prospect of the two. Watson is a flat out winner and I think he is unfairly compared to guys like RGIII and Bridgewater when in reality he is a much better pocket passer than either of those two guys.

3. Bears – Mitch Trubisky (QB) – I could see John Fox wanting to go Defense here but the reality is he may not have a job for very long if he doesn’t find a potential franchise QB.

4. Jaguars – Jonathan Allen (DE) - I could see the Jags going in several directions here but Allen is arguably the 2nd rated player in the entire draft so snagging him at 4 makes a lot of sense. If he is off the board I could see a surprise pick like Dalvin Cook or a potential Safety like Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker becoming the selection.

5. Titans – Jamal Adams (S) – Adams had a good chance to be the selection before the news about Hooker’s injury came out and I think the odds are even more in his favor to be the first Safety off the board now. The Titans could also take a long look at Mike Williams to give Mariata a true #1 WR.

6. Jets – Marshon Lattimore (CB) – The Jets desperately need to upgrade their CB play so I think the selection comes down to Lattimore, Tabor, or Humphrey. If they choose to go with something other than Corner I would keep an eye out for Reuben Foster here.

7. Chargers – Malik Hooker (S) – Even though Hooker recently had surgery I still think this fit makes perfect sense. Weddle was a huge void at Safety when he left the Chargers and Hooker has the potential to not only replace that talent but become an even bigger play-maker than what Weddle was for them.

8. Panthers – Leonard Fournette (RB) – Injuries with Fournette are a bit of a concern for me but it is hard to deny his size/speed combo and overall talent from the RB position. Also, Zeke’s success this year could signal a return to RB’s being drafted in the 1st round more often.

9. Bengals – Reuben Foster (LB) – Pairing Foster with Burfict makes a lot of sense for me. The Bengals may be a little scared to make this selection seeing how the last time that they picked 9th they chose Keith Rivers at LB and that was a disaster selection for them. I think they will look at DE’s but they shouldn’t reach. A trade down may be their best option if they don’t want to draft Foster or Mike Williams at WR in this scenario.

10. Bills – Mike Williams (WR) – Buffalo will really hope the Bengals pass on Williams so they can pair him opposite of Sammy Watkins. Williams is a #1 WR and with Watkins injury history he is also great insurance for whoever they decide is going to play QB this season for them.

11. Saints – Solomon Thomas (DE) – The Saints have to find some pass rushing help for their Defense. I think with how things have fallen in this mock draft the decision would likely come down to Thomas or Barnett. Both guys would be upgrades to bolster the pass rush.

12. Browns – Marlon Humphrey (CB) – Unless the Browns fall in love with Kizer at QB I think they look to shore up the secondary and then try to nab a QB at the top of the 2nd round. Humphrey is young and talented and would look good opposite Joe Haden. If they can walk away with Garrett and Humphrey to add to Haden, Jamie Collins, Ogbah, Nassib, and Kirksey that has the makings of a very talented and overall young Defense.

13. Cardinals – DeShone Kizer (QB) – I think this is a potential selection for the Cardinals regardless if Palmer decides to return for another year or not. They need a young talent to groom either way and Kizer has the tools to be successful in the NFL if placed in the right situation with the right coach. I think Arians and the Cardinals could be that spot.

14. Colts – Ryan Ramczyk (OT) – The Colts have to improve their Offensive Line. Ramczyk is coming off surgery but I think he is still the better talent than Robinson at Offensive Tackle.

15. Eagles – Teez Tabor (CB) – The Eagles could go with WR or CB here and I wouldn’t be surprised either way. Corey Davis would be the WR to keep an eye on here but Tabor is the guy if they go CB with Lattimore and Humphrey off the board in this mock already.

16. Ravens – Jabrill Peppers (S) – I could see the Ravens taking Peppers and using him as mainly a Safety but also move him around and let him make plays from the LB spot and on Special Teams. They may also look at a guy like Zach Cunningham from Vandy to play OLB.

17. Redskins – Derek Barnett (DE) – I think the Redskins would be ecstatic to see Barnett still on the board at 17 to help them improve their pass rush.

18. Titans – Corey Davis (WR) – This is basically a dream scenario for the Titans. They grab the best Safety and arguably the WR the highest upside both in the first round in this mock.

19. Buccaneers – OJ Howard (TE) – Cameron Brate came on strong toward the end of the season at Tight End but I think the Bucs should continue to surround Winston with as many weapons as possible. Grabbing the best TE in the draft would continue to keep teams from focusing too much on Evans and there is no reason Howard and Brate can’t both be successful with the way Winston likes to throw to his Tight Ends.

20. Broncos – Cam Robinson (OT) – There is a good chance the Broncos go after Romo in Free Agency. Improving the line was a necessity already but if they land Romo with his injury history they will need to do everything they can to protect him with a good line.

21. Lions – Dalvin Cook (RB) – A little bit of a surprise selection because the Lions really could use some help on Defense. However, Cook may just be too talented to pass up at this point. He would also take pressure off of Stafford and make sure he stays healthy and builds on a very successful season that he had this year.

22. Dolphins – Forrest Lamp (G) The Dolphins continue to improve their line and make sure that Tannehill can stay healthy and Ajayi continues to have quality blocking to build on his Pro Bowl season.

23. Giants – Malik McDowell (DT) I could see McDowell going 10 spots earlier easily in this draft. He has a ton of talent and upside and versatility. The Giants improved a lot on Defense last year and without Fournette or Cook falling to them here I think they continue to add pieces to that Defense in the 1st and then wait to grab a Running Back in the 2nd or 3rd round.

24. Raiders – Zach Cunningham (LB) – Oakland was one of the most improved teams in the league last year and had a legit shot at the Super Bowl if Carr stayed healthy. I look for them to try and either find a talented LB or a CB to add to their team through the draft. Cunningham is a sideline to sideline tackler that just seems like best available compared to the Corners that are left. The argument for Sidney Jones could easily be made though with this selection.

25. Texans – Raekwon McMillan (LB) – The leader for the talented Buckeye defense last season would be a good consolation prize for just missing out on Cunningham. The Texans probably need a QB but finding one in Free Agency may be the better option than finding a guy at pick 25 in a rather weak QB class.

26. Seahawks – Garett Bolles (OT) – Their Offensive Line was a weakness the majority of the season. Bolles would likely find his way in the starting lineup as a rookie.

27. Chiefs – Sidney Jones (CB) – With nobody left worth taking at ILB with how things have gone in this mock I think the Chiefs could look to add arguably the best player available to already one of the most elite Secondary’s in the NFL. Pairing Jones with Marcus Peters would give them a heck of a one-two combo for years to come at Corner.

28. Cowboys – Taco Charlton (DE) – If he is still available at this point this pick seems like a no brainer. Charlton is one of the best pass rushers in the draft and that was one of the biggest weaknesses this past season for the Cowboys.

29. Packers – TreDavious White (CB) – I could see Gareon Conley as another option here for the Packers to improve their secondary but White would be a good choice as well.

30. Steelers – Tim Williams (LB) – Somehow the Steelers seem to always have a very talented player fall in their lap regardless of where they are selecting (Shazier, Heyward, Dupree) so I could see a guy like Williams with top 10 to 15 talent making his way to them and bolstering an already good Steelers front 7.

31. Falcons – Takarrist McKinley (LB) – The Falcons have done a really good job building their Defense recently. Adding McKinley would continue that recent trend. This is a team that should be defending Super Bowl Champions if they would have just ran the ball after getting down to the 22 yard line on their last drive of the game.

32. Patriots – Roderick Johnson (OT) – This would be a little bit early for Johnson but the Patriots need to solidify their Offensive Line. It’s hard to point out many weaknesses for a team that just won the Super Bowl without even having Gronkowski. I would give them a John Ross or a Christian McCaffrey here but I don’t think they go that route. They are able to take guys like James White and Chris Hogan and turn them into impact players so why use a first round pick on positions that you don’t really need to use that pick on.

1st round - Reuben Foster (LB)
2nd Round - Pat Elflein ©
3rd Round - Dede Westbrook (WR)
4th Round - Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE)
4th Round - Jake Butt (TE)
4th Round - Marquez White (CB)
5th Round - Joe Mixon (RB)
6th Round - Jadar Johnson (S)
6th Round - Storm Norton (OT)
6th Round - Shelton Gibson (WR)
7th Round - Chad Kelly (QB)
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I really don't think you can pass on top prospects at premium positions like Thomas and Williams to take a LB that isn't an elite pass rusher or cover man at 9. Elflein feels like a reach in the 2nd with his struggles against top tier competition down the stretch and low upside. Westbrook and Mixon should add some big play ability to the offense. I don't think we need another oft injured TE to back up our oft injured TE. Tanoh has Hunt 2.0 written all over him. The rest should be quality depth guys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 12:13 AM)Whatever Wrote: I really don't think you can pass on top prospects at premium positions like Thomas and Williams to take a LB that isn't an elite pass rusher or cover man at 9.  Elflein feels like a reach in the 2nd with his struggles against top tier competition down the stretch and low upside.  Westbrook and Mixon should add some big play ability to the offense.  I don't think we need another oft injured TE to back up our oft injured TE.  Tanoh has Hunt 2.0 written all over him.  The rest should be quality depth guys.

I'm a big Williams fan but I just can't see the Bengals taking him at #9 when all reports this year and even last year was how much they wanted a speed WR opposite AJ (last year it was Will Fuller). Thomas is in play at 9 but I like Foster more personally. I think Foster finally gives us another playmaking linebacker to play beside Burfict. Foster is a missile and has solid coverage skills and pass rushing ability on top of his tackling ability. By all accounts he has been a leader on Bama's Defense the last couple of years as well. Elflein seems like the best fit at Center even though I really like Pocic but Pocic is 6'7" and I don't know how that would work out with Dalton under Center. Waiting for Center until the third may be a better option and then hoping Elflein falls to that spot while picking up a pass rusher like Demarcus Walker early in the 2nd.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
id prefer the steelers not take a LB as their first rounder
People suck
Reply/Quote
Im all in on Foster. We need to get faster at the linebacker position. Watching Deion Jones fly all over the field during the Superbowl made me jealous.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 09:52 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I'm a big Williams fan but I just can't see the Bengals taking him at #9 when all reports this year and even last year was how much they wanted a speed WR opposite AJ (last year it was Will Fuller). Thomas is in play at 9 but I like Foster more personally. I think Foster finally gives us another playmaking linebacker to play beside Burfict. Foster is a missile and has solid coverage skills and pass rushing ability on top of his tackling ability. By all accounts he has been a leader on Bama's Defense the last couple of years as well. Elflein seems like the best fit at Center even though I really like Pocic but Pocic is 6'7" and I don't know how that would work out with Dalton under Center. Waiting for Center until the third may be a better option and then hoping Elflein falls to that spot while picking up a pass rusher like Demarcus Walker early in the 2nd.

I saw way more reports towards Josh Dotson than will fuller last year. As far as Williams he's as fast as aj. Similar skill set too pin points the ball great comeback route. I like elflien as the best center in the draft. Demarcus Walker though huge fan but may need to trade up. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 12:13 AM)Whatever Wrote: I really don't think you can pass on top prospects at premium positions like Thomas and Williams to take a LB that isn't an elite pass rusher or cover man at 9.  Elflein feels like a reach in the 2nd with his struggles against top tier competition down the stretch and low upside.  Westbrook and Mixon should add some big play ability to the offense.  I don't think we need another oft injured TE to back up our oft injured TE.  Tanoh has Hunt 2.0 written all over him.  The rest should be quality depth guys.
2 acls but he wasn't injured a lot besides that. To get a kiss athletic Jason witten a safe check down tight end to go along with a big play threat in eifert. Also it's bpa first rounder falls u grab him. I agree with Foster not a fan of him at 9. Elflien I think ur not giving him enough credit for what he did in his only year at Center. Tanoh absolutely destroyed the best guards and tackles at the senior bowl. His weakness is teqnigue in stopping the run but he's great at pass rush. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 09:52 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I'm a big Williams fan but I just can't see the Bengals taking him at #9 when all reports this year and even last year was how much they wanted a speed WR opposite AJ (last year it was Will Fuller). Thomas is in play at 9 but I like Foster more personally. I think Foster finally gives us another playmaking linebacker to play beside Burfict. Foster is a missile and has solid coverage skills and pass rushing ability on top of his tackling ability. By all accounts he has been a leader on Bama's Defense the last couple of years as well. Elflein seems like the best fit at Center even though I really like Pocic but Pocic is 6'7" and I don't know how that would work out with Dalton under Center. Waiting for Center until the third may be a better option and then hoping Elflein falls to that spot while picking up a pass rusher like Demarcus Walker early in the 2nd.

Foster was a tackling machine, but the Voch Lombardi breakdown really concerns me.  It showed just how much he relies on his athletic ability to make up for his questionable instincts and read/react ability.  He got away with at Alabama because their DL was good enough to keep blockers from getting to him.  Ours isn't.  My other main concern is only 7 sacks, no interceptions, no forced fumbles, and no fumble recoveries during his college career.  If I'm taking a LB in the top ten, he needs to be making more big plays than that.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 04:10 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 2 acls but he wasn't injured a lot besides that. To get a kiss athletic Jason witten a safe check down tight end to go along with a big play threat in eifert. Also it's bpa first rounder falls u grab him. I agree with Foster not a fan of him at 9. Elflien I think ur not giving him enough credit for what he did in his only year at Center. Tanoh absolutely destroyed the best guards and tackles at the senior bowl. His weakness is teqnigue in stopping the run but he's great at pass rush. 

Two torn ACL's in 4 years isn't a good pattern.  At best, he misses all of mini camps and training camp, starts the year on the PUP, and is massively behind as he tries to adapt to the pros at less than 100%.  At worst, he spends the year on IR and we have no idea what we have when Eifert hits FA.

Elflein, aside from struggling against top competition, has one year at a position with one of the steepest learning curves in the NFL.  That raises doubts about whether he can come in and beat out a 4th year pro for the starting job.  If he can't do that, he isn't worth a 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 11:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: Two torn ACL's in 4 years isn't a good pattern.  At best, he misses all of mini camps and training camp, starts the year on the PUP, and is massively behind as he tries to adapt to the pros at less than 100%.  At worst, he spends the year on IR and we have no idea what we have when Eifert hits FA.

Elflein, aside from struggling against top competition, has one year at a position with one of the steepest learning curves in the NFL.  That raises doubts about whether he can come in and beat out a 4th year pro for the starting job.  If he can't do that, he isn't worth a 2nd.
I personally think be can and if he can't and we let z go he can play guard while learning the center position. But to me he's an elite talent at Center. As far as butt, he's the most pro ready te to come out in the last 5 years. He can block big defensive ends as well as speedster and can run routes really well. Also I think we extend eifert before the season. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 10:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: Foster was a tackling machine, but the Voch Lombardi breakdown really concerns me.  It showed just how much he relies on his athletic ability to make up for his questionable instincts and read/react ability.  He got away with at Alabama because their DL was good enough to keep blockers from getting to him.  Ours isn't.  My other main concern is only 7 sacks, no interceptions, no forced fumbles, and no fumble recoveries during his college career.  If I'm taking a LB in the top ten, he needs to be making more big plays than that.
Wow. Im not a fan of non pass rushing LB in the top 10 so i have done little if any research on Foster. Had no idea he had zero created turnovers. 

Passss. 
Reply/Quote
These elite pass rushing Linebackers that you guys keep harping on are few and far between. Guys like Von Miller are hard to come by in drafts. Not to mention we rely more on pressure from our front 4 then we ask linebackers to blitz. A guy like Rueben Foster is smart, athletic, instinctive, sure tackling, linebacker. You guys get to wrapped up in pass rushing linebackers when we don't ask our linebackers to do a lot of pass rushing. Id rather Foster.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Exactly, there is no way we take a LB like Foster if Soloman Thomas is still on the board...

I like the rest of it except for the Westbrook and Mixon selections....I want nothing to do with Mixon and, I would go LB there with my first pick now being for a DE.  Otherwise, very solid draft.  
Reply/Quote