Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Bengals schedule revealed
[Image: IMG_7021.jpg]

Here y'all go
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
If we can get our offensive line straightened out I see at least a 9-win schedule there.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
16-0
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The week 3 Thurs game against the Texans is one of only 3 Thurs games on the NFL network only.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Week 6 bye ffs
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 09:58 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Week 6 bye ffs

except if you look at who we play after bye.. Steelers .. gives us rest plus they will have a tough road travel to KC on our bye week :andy:
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are good enough, in my mind, to win every game on the schedule so 16-0.
Factor in Marvin Lewis and he will cost the Bengals a win somewhere so 15-1.
Factor in Burfict and Jones losing their cool somewhere along the line so 13-3.
Factor in the O-Line not able to block Pittsburg so 11-5.
Factor in an Andy Dalton suckfest so 10-6.
Factor in a couple of injuries to key offensive players so 8-8.
Factor in a prime time meltdown so 7-9.
Factor in a loss to a bad team so 6-10.

So, I'm going to say the Bengals go 12-4, get a first round bye and host the AFC Championship game where they win and get to go to the Super Bowl to play the Cowboys and win it all this year. After the celebrations and the Super Bowl high wears off, Mike Brown announces that he is retiring, Marvin Lewis say he gets a contract extension only to turn it down to become the Bengals GM and Katie Blackburn hires Mike Zimmer to be coach after another year of catestophic injuries in Minnesota which is beyond his control.

Now that the season is over, what do we talk about?
Reply/Quote
Looking at the schedule, we can no doubt start out 4-1, and by week 10 be 7-2. I like the schedule
Reply/Quote
We are due a win against Texans and Green Bay are due one against us. So 4-1 before the bye.

...and that's as far as i'm going right now.

btw.. how many schedule threads do we need?

Reply/Quote
ESPN ranks the Bengals and Steelers with some of the easiest schedules. Nothing is easy IMO. I don't see the Bengals making the playoffs again this year. I'm thinking 6-10 or 7-9 at best. We just don't have the oline or weapons this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 11:06 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: ESPN ranks the Bengals and Steelers with some of the easiest schedules. Nothing is easy IMO. I don't see the Bengals making the playoffs again this year. I'm thinking 6-10 or 7-9 at best. We just don't have the oline or weapons this year.

i like our schedule and believe the young players will improve and we still have a solid core.. so im going 10-6
Reply/Quote
Wow I like that schedule of yours if I was a Bengals fan. You have the first 4 out of 5 at home. I will say 11-5 this season. Really you guys don't really have games where you cant win. The toughest maybe would be the Steelers on the road
Reply/Quote
I could see 10 or 11 wins in there if the Oline is stinkbuttalicious.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 10:25 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The Bengals are good enough, in my mind, to win every game on the schedule so 16-0.
Factor in Marvin Lewis and he will cost the Bengals a win somewhere so 15-1.
Factor in Burfict and Jones losing their cool somewhere along the line so 13-3.
Factor in the O-Line not able to block Pittsburg so 11-5.
Factor in an Andy Dalton suckfest so 10-6.
Factor in a couple of injuries to key offensive players so 8-8.
Factor in a prime time meltdown so 7-9.
Factor in a loss to a bad team so 6-10.

So, I'm going to say the Bengals go 12-4, get a first round bye and host the AFC Championship game where they win and get to go to the Super Bowl to play the Cowboys and win it all this year. After the celebrations and the Super Bowl high wears off, Mike Brown announces that he is retiring, Marvin Lewis say he gets a contract extension only to turn it down to become the Bengals GM and Katie Blackburn hires Mike Zimmer to be coach after another year of catestophic injuries in Minnesota which is beyond his control.

Now that the season is over, what do we talk about?

What would we talk about?  Pretty obvious that the team would be sold and moved if we win the super bowl.. How does the Pocetello Bengals sound? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
6-10
Reply/Quote
I see 11 or 12 wins there. Whether or not that will be good enough to win the division remains to be seen...
Reply/Quote
Well the steAlers are going to win the Super Bowl anyways.  So I guess its not gonna make one bit of difference if we do or don't have our first home opener ever, if we have the 5th easiest schedule in league history, or if Marvin ate his oatmeal this morning.  I'll just save all of you the headaches and frustrations with our current coaches, the lack of pass protection for Dalton and the hits and misses on the upcoming draft.  The steAlers are going to win this years Super Bowl, every other team in the league will lose their last game of the season.  The end.

Yawn
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I'm not going to predict wins until the end of the preseason and I know every piece we will have from the draft and who is healthy, but in looking at the schedule I have the following observations:

The Good:

The Bengals get the Texans early in the season, with what is sure to be an inexperienced QB at the helm. I hope they don't play off coverage against this one like they did Denver last year. Regardless, I like the idea of them traveling on a short week and not really being in a groove offensively at that point.

Even though you might cite Marv's record coming off the bye, I like the extra time before the steeler game.

Some will call it a recipe for disaster, but the MNF game against pittsburg at home is going to be fun.

The Bad:

I don't like three straight road games in November, finishing in Denver. That just sucks.

I would prefer they bye week a little later in the season to gear up for a playoff run.

Kind of sick of opening or closing against the ratbirds.

The Ugly:

If Week 2's Thursday Night Game is a "Color Rush", it will look pretty gross if we are orange and the Texans are red.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 09:54 PM)pally Wrote: The week 3 Thurs game against the Texans is one of only 3 Thurs games on the NFL network only.

It is like that every year with the Bengals and I have no idea why. It really gets on my nerves.
Reply/Quote
With the issues we have to overcome I see 8-7-1. Would be a great year to start rookies and get them weaved into the plan. Won't happen, but would be nice.

Reply/Quote