Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Off-season and Mock Draft
(11-20-2023, 04:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think Ebuka would actually be a good fit.  We already see the Bengals using Chase in the back field like the 9'ers use Deebo.  You can slot Ebuka into that role and still be able to threaten the defense deep with Chase.

Yes but then you lose the threat of the tee Higgins bomb.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 08:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes but then you lose the threat of the tee Higgins bomb.

Higgins only has 7 40+ yard catches in his career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 05:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm doing a full off-season, followed by a mock draft just get some ideas as to what might be possible.  I'll be using Spotrac's $70mil in cap space number for UFA.  I'm also assuming Jonah leaves in FA for a LT job and no FT for Higgins.  A surprise to some for this is Callahan leaves for a HC gig(he's actually rumored to be very highly regarded as a HC candidate). Here goes...

Coaching Hires

Bill Bedenbaugh, OL Coach, Oklahoma-Bedenbaugh has been the OL coach at OU since '13, and the amount of high end OL talent he's put into the NFL during that time is pretty astounding.  He's also a spread offense disciple who should mesh well with Taylor.

Mike Denbrock, OC, LSU-Denbrock was the OC for UC during their recent peak under Fickell in '21 before moving onto LSU and helping them have one of the best passing attacks in the nation.

Resign

DJ Reader(3 years, $48 mil)-Reader is one of the cornerstones of the defense.  This really doesn't need explanation.

Drew Sample (2 years, $3 mil)-Good reserve/blocking TE.

Marcus Bailey (2 years, 2.5 mil)-Depth/ST's.

RFA/ERFA Tenders-Trenton Irwin, Jake Browning, Cal Adomitas, Mitchell Wilcox

UFA

Connor Williams, C, Miami(5 years, $68 mil)-Williams is a high quality C that also has experience at G.  With a 9.15 RAS, he should help with the athletic limitations of the OL group and solidify the position for years.  Karras slides to LG to put Volson on the bench, or possibly he winds up on the bench himself if further upgrades can be found in the draft.

Christian Wilkins, DT, Miami(4 years, $80 mil)-Hard nosed run defender that can also collapse the pocket and get after the QB.  Hill may potentially get the axe for extra cap room depending on how things play out.

Dalton Schultz, TE, Houston(4 years, $60 mil)-It's really time to stop the one year rentals at TE, plus with Higgins and Boyd leaving, Joe will need another reliable target.

George Fant, T, Houston(1 year, $5 mil)-I'm still hoping to address RT in the draft, but I'm not heading into it with Carman penciled in as the starter.  Hopefully a solid depth piece, but a serviceable starter if needed.

Austin Ekeler, RB, LAC(3 years, $24 mil)-I'm not a fan of paying RB's, but Ekeler is a great receiving back and is great with power runs, as well.  Just a tremendous scheme fit.  Might put Mixon on the outs, as well.

After FA, I'm currently sitting at $85.25 estimated AAV and had $70 in cap space, but remember that structure can do a lot to squeeze those numbers down.  On to the draft.  I'll be using the NFL Mock Draft Database sim for this one.

#18=Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio state-The Schultz signing blew up in my face after Brockers fell to this point, but there was definitely a need here for Egbuka. This one doesn't need a lot of explanation and he should slot in as the WR2 immediately.

#49=Troy Fautanu, T, Washington-This one was a no-brainer, though Henderson was tempting.  Hopefully, the RT of the future or possibly even starts his rookie year if he can beat out Fant.

#80=Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson-Athletic interior disrupter, though still pretty raw.  Still, the kid has a lot of upside.  

#115=Will Shipley, RB, Clemson-Went back to Clemson for the electric Shipley, who can contribute as a runner, receiver, and return man.  

#154=Zach Frazier, IOL, West Virginia-He may seem like an odd pick due to the Connor Williams signing, but both Karras and Trey Hill are in contract years, plus he has LG experience, as well.  

#176=Marcellas Dial, CB, South Carolina

#194=Curtis Jacobs, LB, Penn State

#235=Jermaine Burton, WR, Alabama

#254=Deshawn Pace, LB, UC

Love this, please have all this happen and I will be jumping for joy. Love the Free Agency and the Draft here. I actually have no 
criticism of any of the moves, maybe take Bowers over Ebuka? Maybe? Maybe Rome Odunze over Ebuka, maybe? Even then, this
is just preference. Great job, love all the additions. I think we would be right back as Super Bowl contenders after this.

Well done Whatever. Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:41 AM)Whatever Wrote: Higgins only has 7 40+ yard catches in his career.

Just the threat of a bomb.
Reply/Quote