Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Throttle
If you've never done this...DO IT NOW!!

Way too much fun. This is my GoPro cam perspective. It was my son's birthday friday and we went to Full Throttle Indoor Kart Racing in Sharonville. My son is in car #11.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Full Throttle is super fun. Watching this video makes me want to go back.

It's best to go with a group of 8 people that you know, so you can get the feel of chasing down your friends on the track the whole time. We used to race and the best lap time wouldn't have to buy his drinks that night.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 09:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Full Throttle is super fun.  Watching this video makes me want to go back.  

It's best to go with a group of 8 people that you know, so you can get the feel of chasing down your friends on the track the whole time.  We used to race and the best lap time wouldn't have to buy his drinks that night.

I have a group of at least 4 that is ready to go and i'm sure i could find some more. 

I like that suggestion! ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
You have chicken legs.
Reply/Quote
Too expensive.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I was expecting a thread about this:

[Image: FULL%20THROTTLE_E.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The NASCAR speed track in Pigeon Forge has these same type of carts on outside tracks. Soem of them even have hills and banked curves.

The problem is that now that I weigh so much I am too slow. Extra body weight makes a big difference in those little cars.

They also have two-person cars so that if you have a child too small to drive you can take them along for the ride.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The NASCAR speed track in Pigeon Forge has these same type of carts on outside tracks.  Soem of them even have hills and banked curves.

The problem is that now that I weigh so much I am too slow.  Extra body weight makes a big difference in those little cars.

They also have two-person cars so that if you have a child too small to drive you can take them along for the ride.

Say no more; I've played Super Mario Kart.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 09:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Full Throttle is super fun.  Watching this video makes me want to go back.  

It's best to go with a group of 8 people that you know, so you can get the feel of chasing down your friends on the track the whole time.  We used to race and the best lap time wouldn't have to buy his drinks that night.

You should've brought turtle shells, banana peels, and mushrooms  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 05:25 PM)Bryan Wrote: You should've brought turtle shells, banana peels, and mushrooms  Ninja

I always love to drive those things on mushrooms.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 11:38 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Too expensive.

A great time is rarely too expensive.

I did usually get a discount rate there though, @ 25 for 2 races.  So I won't hate on those that scoff at the regular price.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 10:58 AM)Beaker Wrote: You have chicken legs.

Even people with chicken legs deserve to enjoy go carts.  I think. 

(07-20-2015, 11:38 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Too expensive.

But, not so much poor people LOL

Looks like a lot of fun.   Maybe I can drop hints until the kids take me there for my birthday.  I don't need any more ties or Bengal-themed items. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 08:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Even people with chicken legs deserve to enjoy go carts.  I think. 

But, not so much poor people LOL

Looks like a lot of fun.   Maybe I can drop hints until the kids take me there for my birthday.  I don't need any more ties or Bengal-themed items. 

My son works weekends there, I'll ask him how to get discounts.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 06:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: A great time is rarely too expensive.

I did usually get a discount rate there though, @ 25 for 2 races.  So I won't hate on those that scoff at the regular price.

My boss goes carting and usually asks me to go. He goes to the place by tri county mall. 100 dollars for an hour. Thats ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 09:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My boss goes carting and usually asks me to go. He goes to the place by tri county mall. 100 dollars for an hour. Thats ridiculous. 

The place that I go to is also by tri-county mall....we're probably thinking of the same place.  $25 dollars for two 8 minute races is my deal, and I love it.  I don't know that I'd even like to do the hour long races though.  Two 8 minute races are actually pretty physically exerting and wears you out a bit.....I know, I know, it sounds a bit sissy to say, but it's the truth.

100 bucks doesn't seem ridiculous for an hour long race though.  If you think about it, that's the only money that that place can make for that hour.  A total of 800 dollars.  I'm surprised that they don't charge more for it.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 10:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The place that I go to is also by tri-county mall....we're probably thinking of the same place.  $25 dollars for two 8 minute races is my deal, and I love it.  I don't know that I'd even like to do the hour long races though.  Two 8 minute races are actually pretty physically exerting and wears you out a bit.....I know, I know, it sounds a bit sissy to say, but it's the truth.

100 bucks doesn't seem ridiculous for an hour long race though.  If you think about it, that's the only money that that place can make for that hour.  A total of 800 dollars.  I'm surprised that they don't charge more for it.

Yeah. The two 8 minute races wears you out. I actually have a new found respect for nascar drivers after that. 

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 10:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The place that I go to is also by tri-county mall....we're probably thinking of the same place.  $25 dollars for two 8 minute races is my deal, and I love it.  I don't know that I'd even like to do the hour long races though.  Two 8 minute races are actually pretty physically exerting and wears you out a bit.....I know, I know, it sounds a bit sissy to say, but it's the truth.

If im paying 100 dollars an hour for anything it better include pizza, a very attractive hooker, and a midget. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 09:19 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If im paying 100 dollars an hour for anything it better include pizza, a very attractive hooker, and a midget. 

This is exactly what it was the last time I was down there.  Well, the pizza was a bit extra.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
We had a Malibu Grand Prix back in the day here in Dayton...Those cars were all jacked up.....
Reply/Quote
A hundred dollars an hour to go around a track.

I'll do "around the world" for that.
Reply/Quote