3. Germaine Pratt - LB - NC State - 72nd
4. Ryan Finley - QB - NC State - 104th
4. Renell Wren - DL - ASU - 125th
4. Michael Jordan - G - THE Ohio State - 136th
6. Trayveon Williams - RB - Texas A&M - 182nd
6. Deshaun Davis - LB - Auburn - 210th
6. Rodney Anderson - RB - Oklahoma - 211th
7. Jordan Brown - CB - South Dakota State - 223rd
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Jonah Williams - T - Alabama - 11th overall
2. Drew Sample - TE - Washington - 52nd
3. Germaine Pratt - LB - NC State - 72nd
4. Ryan Finley - QB - NC State - 104th
4. Renell Wren - DL - ASU - 125th
4. Michael Jordan - G - THE Ohio State - 136th
6. Trayveon Williams - RB - Texas A&M - 182nd
6. Deshaun Davis - LB - Auburn - 210th
6. Rodney Anderson - RB - Oklahoma - 211th
7. Jordan Brown - CB - South Dakota State - 223rd

This is a solid draft. It’s not flashy but that’s okay. Zac Taylor did a great job for a rookie head coach. Solidifying the offensive line was crucial and the first two selections did this admirably well. Unlike many, I’m happy about taking Drew Sample because a blocking tight end enhances any offensive line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like our draft this year. It seems like Taylor is looking to he a run first team and I'm 100% ok with that when Mixon is in the backfield. I would have liked if we would have picked up Mack Wilson in the 4th, but oh well. I'm going to give this draft a B+
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I like our draft this year. It seems like Taylor is looking to he a run first team and I'm 100% ok with that when Mixon is in the backfield. I would have liked if we would have picked up Mack Wilson in the 4th, but oh well. I'm going to give this draft a B+

I’m pretty annoyed Cleveland got him.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is a solid draft.  It’s not flashy but that’s okay.  Zac Taylor did a great job for a rookie head coach.  Solidifying the offensive line was crucial and the first two selections did this admirably well.  Unlike many, I’m happy about taking Drew Sample because a blocking tight end enhances any offensive line.

I at least see some positives in it. Not just the blocking, but that it shows (along with the Jonah Williams and Jordan picks) that Zac Taylor wants to establish an identity with this team. He's already familiar with how rough this division is. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I thought we picked up some really good players and I think this draft shows that Taylor was ijn charge of the draft process
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m pretty annoyed Cleveland got him.

For not having a 1st Round pick, the Browns did pretty well.

I remember about 6-7 years ago when we drafted well and their drafts remind me of those days for us. Seems like quality guys would fall and we'd snag them.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m pretty annoyed Cleveland got him.

The more i watched Mack Wilson and then saw his 3 cone drill i liked Pratt much better.

Much better in change of direction and in coverage. Great tackler who knows how to wrap up well.

Germaine Pratt can be a star for us, dude is good. Might take some time to adapt as he changed from Safety to Linebacker and is now entering the NFL but he is the type of backer we needed and i even like Davis in the 6th, smart, can diagnose plays and tackle well.

Not annoyed at all by the Stains picks, thought they were okay, not as good as the Ravens or us by any means in this Draft. Steelers draft was meh, traded up for a LB who isn't the best tackler right in front of us and we got a better one in the 3rd round in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The more i watched Mack Wilson and then saw his 3 cone drill i liked Pratt much better.

Much better in change of direction and in coverage. Great tackler who knows how to wrap up well.

Germaine Pratt can be a star for us, dude is good. Might take some time to adapt as he changed from Safety to Linebacker and is now entering the NFL but he is the type of backer we needed and i even like Davis in the 6th, smart, can diagnose plays and tackle well.

Not annoyed at all by the Stains picks, thought they were okay, not as good as the Ravens or us by any means in this Draft. Steelers draft was meh, traded up for a LB who isn't the best tackler right in front of us and we got a better one in the 3rd round in my opinion.

Honestly, with all the talent on Alabama...it's hard to evaluate a guy like Wilson. They have talent at every level.

I'd tend to think that a guy like Pratt has more potential.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The more i watched Mack Wilson and then saw his 3 cone drill i liked Pratt much better.

We should have taken both.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I at least see some positives in it. Not just the blocking, but that it shows (along with the Jonah Williams and Jordan picks) that Zac Taylor wants to establish an identity with this team. He's already familiar with how rough this division is. 

This is the thing that I think ML struggled with many times during his time here, just sorta bounced around in all directions.

I'm hoping ZT has planned his work and is working his plan ! Perhaps, I'm hoping there's a method to the madness ? Sample was a reach in a lot of peoples eyes but if Mixon runs for 1,750 it won't seem all that bad.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The more i watched Mack Wilson and then saw his 3 cone drill i liked Pratt much better.

I loved the Pratt pick at 3. I just thought that we could have double up on a quality LB in the 4th when he was there. It is what it is and I wish the best for every one of our draft picks. Hopefully with the improved blocking our team will be able to run it down people's throats and let our defense rest.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, with all the talent on Alabama...it's hard to evaluate a guy like Wilson. They have talent at every level.

I'd tend to think that a guy like Pratt has more potential.

Definately have to evaluate the Line in front of the Linebackers to have a clue.

Bama always has one of the best D-line's and most of the time all the LB has to do is clean up.

Foster was another i was not that high on and everyone was clamouring for it seems.

(04-27-2019, 08:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We should have taken both.

Who knows if we should of or not, we will see, 3 cone drill is a big deal if there is one thing to judge a Linebacker on, it is it in my opinion. Mack was bad at the 3 cone and could be a bust even if he was taken late. Have to be able to move very quick in the NFL at Linebacker.

Pratt can, we will see with Mack Wilson in Queefland.
Reply/Quote
Well, thanks to the board, I'm all caught up on what I missed today. I was forced to drive down to the beach today, and there was no ESPN radio in those parts..

All in all, I like our draft. They seemed to go into it with purpose and direction, and from what I can tell they found what they were looking for. They put great stock into the OL, brought in a TE and RBs that all can block their asses off, and picked up what I consider the best 2nd tier QB in this draft. They spent quality picks on defense, getting stronger up the middle, 2 LBs a DT and a CB.

Evidently, the team saw much of the same holes in the team as many of us around here were all squawking about. I would like to have seen a WR taken somewhere in there, but they did not. Evidently they must think that there is already enough WR talent that is yet to be developed/utilized properly.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not annoyed at all by the Stains picks, thought they were okay, not as good as the Ravens or us by any means in this Draft. Steelers draft was meh, traded up for a LB who isn't the best tackler right in front of us and we got a better one in the 3rd round in my opinion.

I hate that the Steelers got Bennie Snell Jr. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is the thing that I think ML struggled with many times during his time here, just sorta bounced around in all directions.

I'm hoping ZT has planned his work and is working his plan ! Perhaps, I'm hoping there's a method to the madness ? Sample was a reach in a lot of peoples eyes but if Mixon runs for 1,750 it won't seem all that bad.

We went BAP under Lewis A LOT and got guys that might not have fit great into our system...whatever it was.

Taylor's 1st draft seemed to go more for need.

It will be interesting to see how that all works out.

We did accumulate a lot of talent under Lewis until recently.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I hate that the Steelers got Bennie Snell Jr. 

Yeah, that was the one pick that annoyed me by the Stool pitt, now he is Smelly Snelly, sorry man.

Liked the guy, not anymore.

I know it is not his fault, just the way it goes.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We went BAP under Lewis A LOT and got guys that might not have fit great into our system...whatever it was.

Taylor's 1st draft seemed to go more for need.

It will be interesting to see how that all works out.

We did accumulate a lot of talent under Lewis until recently.

Yes it did but the actions of this team over the last several seasons painted them into a fairly big corner ! 

Between the 2015 draft, losing big Whit, putting band aids on the LBer corps and so on.
Reply/Quote

I've got a strong feeling that both Devin's are going to spend a lot of their season learning how to not get blocked out of plays by NFL OLs.  If Brown is healthy, he should be the first one to the ball on most rushing stops, taking a lot of pressure off of Pratt from having to challenge the learning curve.  If they can build Pratt's confidence, by utilizing him to his strengths, as his body continues to grow, he will be a complete LB in a year or two.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 10:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've got a strong feeling that both Devin's are going to spend a lot of their season learning how to not get blocked out of plays by NFL OLs.  If Brown is healthy, he should be the first one to the ball on most rushing stops, taking a lot of pressure off of Pratt from having to challenge the learning curve.  If they can build Pratt's confidence, by utilizing him to his strengths, as his body continues to grow, he will be a complete LB in a year or two.

Have the same feeling Sunset. Nothing against White as i truly believe he was the best LB in this class, but Pratt was the 2nd best in my opinion and is a better tackler with a lot of experience in coverage. Former Safety. Bush is a very good blitzer but he is more of a one trick pony that we can take advantage of as long as our TE's and RB's pick up the blitz properly.

Getting Sample to go along with Mixon and Gio was an underrated get to say the least IMO.
Reply/Quote