Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Bengals Use a G or LB, Senior Bowl Stand Outs
Watching NFL Network 3 players that they said stood out in critical last day of practice was Guard- Will Hernandez- 6'2", 340 out of Texas El-Paso. They say he is an earth mover. Physical, smart, quick learner, maybe not a dancing bear, but he stood out. At Linebacker NFL Network says Uchenna Nwosu stood out at 6'2", 245 from USC. They say Fred Warner also stood out at 6'3", 235 from Brigham Young. The Linebacker that stood out all week above others they say is Nick DeLuca at 6'2", 243 out of North Dakota State. .......They also added their best Running Back and that is Rashaad Penny at 5'11", 224......Another of best was Defensive Lineman Marcus Davenport 6'5", 259 out of Texas at San Antonio. He dominated a blocker they had been high on. They say he compares to Clowney of Houston Texans.

I see there is a separate Senior Bowl thread, but as a fast Bengals Scouting on who NFL Network says stood out, there is a guard and we need blocking. There are 3 linebackers and we need tackling. There is a Running Back and we have had luck with San Diego State backs before. Not a high need, but if Davenport doesn't go high, he is a steal as draft goes on at D Line as a top pass rusher.

AS much as these Senior Bowl players stood out, some may not be First Round or even Second Round, so Bengals should lock all of them in as Best Available Athletes as Draft rolls from round to round and maybe Bengals grab one in a steal after first round. There may be some on here now in their First Round Boards.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Wynn also stood out as well. Played just as well as hernandez.
Reply/Quote
I like many of the linebackers in this draft. I just hope we draft one early enough. I don't want to throw a 4th or 5th rounder per say at one.

I like Nwoso. I also like the kid out of Oklahoma...Ogbonnia Okoronkwo...he's more of an edge 3/4 guy but that's ok with me
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 11:52 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I like many of the linebackers in this draft.  I just hope we draft one early enough.  I don't want to throw a 4th or 5th rounder per say at one.

I like Nwoso.  I also like the kid out of Oklahoma...Ogbonnia Okoronkwo...he's more of an edge 3/4 guy but that's ok with me

We need Major help for worst offensive line in NFL.  That comes first.  More than one top O lineman needed. I'm hoping we get a 1st or a 2nd for McCarron so we can get those O Linemen first 2 picks and then still get some LB help as early as 2.  IF we do that, anything from round 3 on is all icing on the cake.  If some of top picks last few years step up watch out, Dennard, Jackson at CB, Ross at WR, Mixon at WR, Og and Fish at O Line.  Not all will step up, but the more top picks stepping up their game, the better our play-off chances, but we can't put all eggs in that basket.  Free Agents and a Great Draft needed. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 10:58 PM)kevin Wrote: We need Major help for worst offensive line in NFL.  That comes first.  More than one top O lineman needed. I'm hoping we get a 1st or a 2nd for McCarron so we can get those O Linemen first 2 picks and then still get some LB help as early as 2.  IF we do that, anything from round 3 on is all icing on the cake.  If some of top picks last few years step up watch out, Dennard, Jackson at CB, Ross at WR, Mixon at WR, Og and Fish at O Line.  Not all will step up, but the more top picks stepping up their game, the better our play-off chances, but we can't put all eggs in that basket.  Free Agents and a Great Draft needed. 

QB class is loaded. Lots of free agent QBs. And AJMC may actually be a free agent as well. Dont get your hopes up. I think the ship has sailed for us to get anything for AJMc
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 09:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: QB class is loaded. Lots of free agent QBs. And AJMC may actually be a free agent as well. Dont get your hopes up. I think the ship has sailed for us to get anything for AJMc

When you say loaded what do you mean? I see a lot of guys who are boderline players not a lot of sure fire franchise guys maybe none to be honest.
AJM will still have his suitors.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Ok so Wynn is way better than Hernandez. Sure he's built like a brick shithouse, but I saw him get beat and I haven't seen Wynn lose a 1on1 at all.

Baker Mayfield looked GREAT this week.

The NC State DT's had the best senior bowl showing.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 10:58 PM)kevin Wrote: We need Major help for worst offensive line in NFL.  That comes first.  More than one top O lineman needed. I'm hoping we get a 1st or a 2nd for McCarron so we can get those O Linemen first 2 picks and then still get some LB help as early as 2.  IF we do that, anything from round 3 on is all icing on the cake.  If some of top picks last few years step up watch out, Dennard, Jackson at CB, Ross at WR, Mixon at WR, Og and Fish at O Line.  Not all will step up, but the more top picks stepping up their game, the better our play-off chances, but we can't put all eggs in that basket.  Free Agents and a Great Draft needed. 

The McCarron ship has sailed.  With all the QB's in this draft teams aren't going to give up a first for AJ, and maybe not a second.  The problem here is the lack of FA activity.  There aren't enough draft picks to fill all the holes.  It's also unrealistic to expect all the picks to develop fast enough, or even pan out.  Mike Brown's miserly approach to FA will continue to crush the team's postseason chances.  You can't get to the Super Bowl selecting free agents off of the value menu.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Agree we missed all of our chances to trade AJM.

If we do move him it will probably be at cheaper rate.

3rd would be nice if they restrict him. But he may still walk for free.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 03:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree we missed all of our chances to trade AJM.

If we do move him it will probably be at cheaper rate.

3rd would be nice if they restrict him. But he may still walk for free.

LOL... Bengals handling the AJM situation:

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 10:06 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: When you say loaded what do you mean? I see a lot of guys who are boderline players not a lot of sure fire franchise guys maybe none to be honest.
AJM will still have his suitors.

I think there could be 6 first round QBs at the very least all should be gone by the end of the 2nd. Mayfield Darnold Rosen Allen Jackson and Rudloph.

Ad the 3 QBs hitting the market from minnesota. 

Running out of QB needy teams. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 03:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think there could be 6 first round QBs at the very least all should be gone by the end of the 2nd. Mayfield Darnold Rosen Allen Jackson and Rudloph.

Ad the 3 QBs hitting the market from minnesota. 

Running out of QB needy teams. 
Out of the 6 QBs drafted three are probably going to be drafted develop behind star qbs, Pitt, NO, NE, LAC, BLT
3 Minnesota QBs keeenum will stay,  Bridgewater has to prove his knee is ready, and Bradford is injury prone and will have a suspect market.
Alex Smith will get more interest
Mccaron is still young for a QB and if a team likes him they will bring him in.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 03:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL... Bengals handling the AJM situation:

So the same way the Reds handled Chapman, Frazier, Bruce, Cozart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
My dream is to get Smith at LB in the 1st and either get Hernandez or Wynn in the 2nd round. Smith could easily be BPA and fills a need. Wynn and Hernandez seem like great talents.

With the apparent stock rise of Wynn and Hernandez, you have to wonder what kind of hit it's giving to Quenton Wilson. Sure, he's viewed as an elite offensive line talent, but some early teams may feel that they can get a Wynn or Hernandez in the 2nd round, so they may also go BPA.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 02:21 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: My dream is to get Smith at LB in the 1st and either get Hernandez or Wynn in the 2nd round. Smith could easily be BPA and fills a need. Wynn and Hernandez seem like great talents.

With the apparent stock rise of Wynn and Hernandez, you have to wonder what kind of hit it's giving to Quenton Wilson. Sure, he's viewed as an elite offensive line talent, but some early teams may feel that they can get a Wynn or Hernandez in the 2nd round, so they may also go BPA.
U prefer Smith to Edmunds? I see Smith as a more athletic/instinctual darron lee.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 02:20 AM)Jpoore Wrote: U prefer Smith to Edmunds? I see Smith as a more athletic/instinctual darron lee.

I'm guessing that he believes that Edmunds will be long gone, by the 12th pick.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 02:21 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: My dream is to get Smith at LB in the 1st and either get Hernandez or Wynn in the 2nd round. Smith could easily be BPA and fills a need. Wynn and Hernandez seem like great talents.

Did you mean Quenton Nelson? 

Hopefully with the rise of Hernandez and Wynn, the Nelson falls a little.....to, say the 12th pick?  :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 10:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm guessing that he believes that Edmunds will be long gone, by the 12th pick.

Even if not, I think Smith might be the "safer" pick and require less development. However, I think Edmunds has a higher ceiling.
Ultimately, I think it really could come down to what the Bengals need more. Do they need a more traditional 4-3 MIKE or a rangy OLB?
I see Smith more as the former and Edmunds as the latter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Even if not, I think Smith might be the "safer" pick and require less development. However, I think Edmunds has a higher ceiling.
Ultimately, I think it really could come down to what the Bengals need more. Do they need a more traditional 4-3 MIKE or a rangy OLB?
I see Smith more as the former and Edmunds as the latter.

I like Smith and I think he will he an excellent weakside linebacker in either a 43 or 34 defense, but I feel he will struggle as a MIKE taking on offensive lineman. He is all diagnosis and athleticism which will be tested big time at the next.

I'd go Edmunds because he had the ceiling to do it all he can be that hammer as a MIKE and take on lineman in thr gaps, he has the athleticism and speed to cover RBs, TEs, and WRs, and he has that special ability to rush the passer in any and all situations.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote