Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full offseason of changes and mock
(02-25-2020, 01:58 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There are a lot of solid free agent DTs. I don't think Billings gets that much money.

If we are going to spend big on OL I want it to be OT. I think MJ shows big improvement from year one to year two. Miller is serviceable. And I am still holding out hope for Price to get healthy and put it together. I am way more skeptical about a LT who has played 0 NFL snaps. Hart who is average. And then backup Ts we collected off the scrap heap.

Chicago is not moving Roquan. I wish we would be able to get that draft capital for our players. I don't think a lot of it is feasible. We should be able to get something for moving on from some of these vets. But I think you are a little optimistic.

I was initially all about getting Schobert. I am starting to think he will have a hard time living up to any massive contract he lands.

I will be pretty interested to see Anae's athletic testing numbers.

I don't understand your logic.

How can you be hopeful of two guys who played the worst on the OL last year in Price and Jordan but turn around and say you're way more skeptical on the first OL drafted last year?

You'd think typical logic would indicate that the player who was drafted highest (Jonah) should have the highest likelihood of success and therefore have the most optimism for that guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you had the option to use the $18 mill to either:
1) Keep AJ Green
or
2) Bring in one stud OL or LB in their prime

Which would you do?
I'd go for option 2 

Keep AJ Green.  Mainly because there isn't going to be a linebacker that's worth paying $18 million in this year's class.  Second, we have more than enough money to keep AJ and it's imperative that we have guys in place to help out.  It's not a one or the other choice.

IF you want to use that $18 million, trade Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Keep AJ Green.  Mainly because there isn't going to be a linebacker that's worth paying $18 million in this year's class.  Second, we have more than enough money to keep AJ and it's imperative that we have guys in place to help out.  It's not a one or the other choice.

IF you want to use that $18 million, trade Dalton.

I agree, not worth spending $18 mill on a LB.
But what about $12-15 mill on a LB? Like Cory Littleton? He's gotten better and better each year and is now considered a Top 10 LB in the league. Plus, he's just entering his prime at 26 years old.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 06:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree, not worth spending $18 mill on a LB.
But what about $12-15 mill on a LB? Like Cory Littleton? He's gotten better and better each year and is now considered a Top 10 LB in the league. Plus, he's just entering his prime at 26 years old.

I don't think you spend 12-15 million on a LB unless he's a top 5 guy.  It's just not the same level of an offensive lineman.  I also think you can get a guy that fits what we need in the draft.  The reality is we need a guy that can play on passing downs and cover a tight end.  Hell, even get a bigger safety that could fit the bill.  
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 06:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't think you spend 12-15 million on a LB unless he's a top 5 guy.  It's just not the same level of an offensive lineman.  I also think you can get a guy that fits what we need in the draft.  The reality is we need a guy that can play on passing downs and cover a tight end.  Hell, even get a bigger safety that could fit the bill.  

Hate to tell you, but teams are spending $12+ million on non-top 5 guys.

ILBs making $11+ million a year:
Jaylon Smith
Kwon Alexander
CJ Mosley
Myles Jack
Deion Jones
Bobby Wagner

Know how many of them were rated better than Littleton last year?

So unless you want to keep trying to draft a LB and hope he works out, you're gonna have to pony up some good cash for a solid-or-better LB.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't understand your logic.

How can you be hopeful of two guys who played the worst on the OL last year in Price and Jordan but turn around and say you're way more skeptical on the first OL drafted last year?

You'd think typical logic would indicate that the player who was drafted highest (Jonah) should have the highest likelihood of success and therefore have the most optimism for that guy.

Because they actually played. I am hopeful on Jonah and Fred. Not so much on Hart and Prince.

I rewatched the last browns game we played. Wow was Billy bad. I hope it was an injury he recovered from. But as of now we could cut him and I wouldn’t care. Freaking anything is better than what he did that day
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 11:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Because they actually played. I am hopeful on Jonah and Fred. Not so much on Hart and Prince.

I rewatched the last browns game we played. Wow was Billy bad. I hope it was an injury he recovered from. But as of now we could cut him and I wouldn’t care. Freaking anything is better than what he did that day

As much as I hate to say it, Hart was better than Jordan.

Why are you not optimistic of Jonah just because he didn't play? There wasn't a reason to rush him back and the reason the surgery was done was for his long-term effectiveness. He could have played through it like he did at Alabama.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 08:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hate to tell you, but teams are spending $12+ million on non-top 5 guys.

ILBs making $11+ million a year:
Jaylon Smith
Kwon Alexander
CJ Mosley
Myles Jack
Deion Jones
Bobby Wagner

Know how many of them were rated better than Littleton last year?

So unless you want to keep trying to draft a LB and hope he works out, you're gonna have to pony up some good cash for a solid-or-better LB.

I get that and that's why teams will eventually be pressed up against the cap.   You just don't blow that kind of money on a LB unless he's a top tier, elite guy.  

If it comes down to resigning Vigil for $5 million and rolling with him and Pratt, that's the move I make.  Bring in a guy via the draft and go from there. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:07 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Erickson just put up 500 yards receiving and had his best year receiving with us and you want to release him?? Bullock also had a solid year, 87% field goal percentage is not bad at all.

Erickson is a number 5 at best and is making around 2mil per year. The same for Bullock. Bullock has historically been mediocre and just had a Shayne Graham type of year, it's time for a damn upgrade. I'd replace both of them and around 10 or so other mediocre players on this team who just helped us win a whole 2 games last season.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 09:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Is there something I'm missing? Why would Chicago want to dump Roquan Smith like that?

Besides that, I love the first 4 picks. Shenault is quickly becoming my favorite WR in this class (outside of Jeudy and Lamb).

Roquan Smith has been pedestrian and who knows the reason, but with the roster the Bears have they are a decent QB away from competing for the NFC North. Dalton gives them some credibility in that dept while they trade away an under-performing player in Smith who'm also plays a position of need for the Bengals, and not too mention QB is much more valuable than LB.

I think Shenault would give us a great young WR to pair with Boyd. I'd love to bring him and another guy in like KJ Hill or Mims or someone along those lines.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 06:35 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I like your thinking,but they are going heavy on defense in rounds 2,3,and 4.I hope they can get Patrick Queen linebacker,he is the real deal and would help us big time,may have to trade back in round one to get him with Tennessee,but he is worth it and is a 1st round talent and will not be there at 33.

I actually would love Patrick Queen. What I was figuring on was trying to hit on so many needs via FA and the draft and unfortunately this team needs players all over so it just worked out that I filled LB needs through FA as opposed to the draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 01:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's great if it's Madden, but who in the hell is going to make those trades?

I can't see any way the Bears would trade a rising stud for an aging QB.  There's no way they make that trade.
There's no way ANYONE is giving up that kind of haul for Glenn.
If Dre is as garbage as some people say, there's no way Oakland is taking on that contract.

And with Burrow coming in, there's no way in hell I'm trading AJ.  Period, end of story.  You want your rookie QB to succeed, rolling out Boyd is great, but Ross, Tate and Ericson aren't going to take the pressure of him.  We have the money, keep him.

There's also no way I'm getting rid of Gio.  If you watched LSU's offense last year, they used their RBs a ton out of the backfield.   I fully expect to see elements of that offense in Cincy.  He'll be a valuable piece.

It depends on what other teams plus the Bengals value. They are going to get a 3rd for Dalton so why not a player who hasn't lived up to his first round status, it happens all the time. Glenn is worth a 4th and it's even been said by some guys over at NFL.com. As far as the Dre K and S Williams, it really comes down to teams needing solid vet depth which is what they are and most 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks are depth or ST players so why not get a solid vet who has experience?

I love AJ, but for god's -sake why do fans not learn to let go. He just missed all of last season and the half of the 2 seasons prior, he is 32 and he is soft, why not trade him for value and try to upgrade the offense with a new WR or 2? Look if he is healthy and doesn't cost more than 15mil per then do it, but He's fragile and doesn't help Joe if he can't play.

Gio is another guy who is paid too much and produces too little. Unless they actually plan on using him as well as improving the line then he is a hard pass for me. Mixon is elite and was able to do things behind the same line that Gio could only fathom to do. Why not use him as trade bait?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you had the option to use the $18 mill to either:
1) Keep AJ Green
or
2) Bring in one stud OL or LB in their prime

Which would you do?
I'd go for option 2 

Option 2 all day!!! WR's don't win superbowls.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 06:25 PM)Crowe Wrote: Erickson is a number 5 at best and is making around 2mil per year. The same for Bullock. Bullock has historically been mediocre and just had a Shayne Graham type of year, it's time for a damn upgrade. I'd replace both of them and around 10 or so other mediocre players on this team who just helped us win a whole 2 games last season.

(02-28-2020, 06:28 PM)Crowe Wrote: Roquan Smith has been pedestrian and who knows the reason, but with the roster the Bears have they are a decent QB away from competing for the NFC North. Dalton gives them some credibility in that dept while they trade away an under-performing player in Smith who'm also plays a position of need for the Bengals, and not too mention QB is much more valuable than LB.

I think Shenault would give us a great young WR to pair with Boyd. I'd love to bring him and another guy in like KJ Hill or Mims or someone along those lines.

(02-28-2020, 06:32 PM)Crowe Wrote: I actually would love Patrick Queen. What I was figuring on was trying to hit on so many needs via FA and the draft and unfortunately this team needs players all over so it just worked out that I filled LB needs through FA as opposed to the draft.

(02-28-2020, 06:39 PM)Crowe Wrote: It depends on what other teams plus the Bengals value. They are going to get a 3rd for Dalton so why not a player who hasn't lived up to his first round status, it happens all the time. Glenn is worth a 4th and it's even been said by some guys over at NFL.com. As far as the Dre K and S Williams, it really comes down to teams needing solid vet depth which is what they are and most 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks are depth or ST players so why not get a solid vet who has experience?

I love AJ, but for god's -sake why do fans not learn to let go. He just missed all of last season and the half of the 2 seasons prior, he is 32 and he is soft, why not trade him for value and try to upgrade the offense with a new WR or 2? Look if he is healthy and doesn't cost more than 15mil per then do it, but He's fragile and doesn't help Joe if he can't play.

Gio is another guy who is paid too much and produces too little. Unless they actually plan on using him as well as improving the line then he is a hard pass for me. Mixon is elite and was able to do things behind the same line that Gio could only fathom to do. Why not use him as trade bait?

(02-28-2020, 06:40 PM)Crowe Wrote: Option 2 all day!!! WR's don't win superbowls.

Jesus Christ, multiquote FFS....
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 06:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jesus Christ, multiquote FFS....

I like individual quotes LOL!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 06:40 PM)Crowe Wrote: Option 2 all day!!! WR's don't win superbowls.

Option 1 all day.  Young QBs need reliable targets.

Offensive weapons help win Super Bowls.  The Chiefs had plenty of them.
Reply/Quote
Have to say that I am impressed by all the input put in, love the trades and the Mock.

Great job, we all know this will never happen given our trade history but it is fun and you worked your arse off on this Crowe.

Reps. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 08:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to say that I am impressed by all the input put in, love the trades and the Mock.

Great job, we all know this will never happen given our trade history but it is fun and you worked your arse off on this Crowe.

Reps. Rock On

Thanks Nate!

I felt like a mad man trying to come up with new ways to improve and even though I expect none of this to happen, it at least shows that the team can get creative in trying to improve the roster via a number of ways. I just hope they don't sit back and hope to improve just from the draft or resigning some of our mediocre players and then saying "hey we were active this year" lol!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 06:39 PM)Crowe Wrote: It depends on what other teams plus the Bengals value. They are going to get a 3rd for Dalton so why not a player who hasn't lived up to his first round status, it happens all the time. Glenn is worth a 4th and it's even been said by some guys over at NFL.com. As far as the Dre K and S Williams, it really comes down to teams needing solid vet depth which is what they are and most 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks are depth or ST players so why not get a solid vet who has experience?

Glenn is getting cut, he has no trade value.

Who is going to be willing to trade for Gio if he's overpaid and can't produce?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 03:01 PM)Crowe Wrote: Thanks Nate!

I felt like a mad man trying to come up with new ways to improve and even though I expect none of this to happen, it at least shows that the team can get creative in trying to improve the roster via a number of ways. I just hope they don't sit back and hope to improve just from the draft or resigning some of our mediocre players and then saying "hey we were active this year" lol!!!

No shit brother. They will have to make some big moves in order to keep the fan base interested regardless of drafting Burrow.

We have become apathetic and don't hardly give a damn anymore.
Reply/Quote