Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Full rebuild or play their hearts out and win a lower draft pick
The last three years the Bengals have been good enough to pick in the middle of the draft. Its time to see what the other QBs have so we know what position is the most needed. A lot of fans say the rookies will be ruined with this o-line but if a thirty year old QB can take it, then the younger stronger QBs will hold up just as well. Damn the torpedoes full steam ahead.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:45 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The last three years the Bengals have been good enough to pick in the middle of the draft. Its time to see what the other QBs have so we know what position is the most needed. A lot of fans say the rookies will be ruined with this o-line but if a thirty year old QB can take then the younger stronger QBs will hold up just as well.

reguardless of what the franchise wants the players should be playing all out...   Cause even if they don't have a future here they might elsewhere.

But it the players enter tank mode themselves they might as well just go home and never return.
Reply/Quote
The Dolphins are tanking on purpose.

The Bengals are trying to win and achieving similar results to the Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: reguardless of what the franchise wants the players should be playing all out...   Cause even if they don't have a future here they might elsewhere.

But it the players enter tank mode themselves they might as well just go home and never return.

The tanking thread has some interesting views. I did not see one suggest PLAYERS tank. Also not one that said ZT and coaches should tank.

The suggestion is should the FO trade away the older expensive studs, still try and win and play hard, but like the Dolphins, the talent would limit their wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The way they've executed thus far, trying to tank is the only way to make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
We are in dire need of a full rebuild, guys are getting too old. We need to get some quality draft picks. Everyone knows it’s not happening in free agency
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win this week, hence 1-4, in their minds they might think that they should be 3-2 and go all out the rest of the way. I expect nothing less from Taylor and the players.

What worries me is that the team will win just enough games to miss out on the talent necessary to significantly alter the projected course of becoming cellar dwellers of the AFCN. My hope is that the Bengals are in the top 3 picks of 2020 draft. Additionally, if they do have the top pick for 2020, I hope it doesn't back them in a corner to take a QB but it might. OT Thomas sure would look nice in a Bengal uniform.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 04:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The tanking thread has some interesting views. I did not see one suggest PLAYERS tank. Also not one that said ZT and coaches should tank.

The suggestion is should the FO trade away the older expensive studs, still try and win and play hard, but like the Dolphins, the talent would limit their wins.
Dude at this point if we were playing all backups with nothing to lose everything to prove we might actually get better.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 05:10 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: The way they've executed thus far, trying to tank is the only way to make the playoffs.

This bengals team is going to struggle to beat the cards and could easily lose.Its going to be played in the rain.What really bothers be is that no player is getting in the face of the bad play of some of them.Why doesn't Joe Mixon tell off the linemen for not opening up running lanes for him.I mean they are wasting this guys year.Why doesn't Dalton tell the O-line off.Its maddening to me.I just could not take that crap and would be yelling my ass off.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 05:31 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: We are in dire need of a full rebuild, guys are getting too old. We need to get some quality draft picks. Everyone knows it’s not happening in free agency

The last five years show it won't happen in draft without a major re-build of scouting department and changes at the top.

For a team that rejects free agency and prides itself on building through the draft, the Bengals ability to judge college talent and their discretion on who to pick and when have both been in the cellar.

I for one am going to have a hard time forgetting the Ross pick but even worse taking Sample in the second round.

Price pick is another bomb.

The fact that Vigil was even drafted and not a free agent is also bizarre.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 05:54 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This bengals team is going to struggle to beat the cards and could easily lose.Its going to be played in the rain.What really bothers be is that no player is getting in the face of the bad play of some of them.Why doesn't Joe Mixon tell off the linemen for not opening up running lanes for him.I mean they are wasting this guys year.Why doesn't Dalton tell the O-line off.Its maddening to me.I just could not take that crap and would be yelling my ass off.

Terrell Suggs and Chandler Jones are going to eat this OL alive.

Bets should be less about if the Bengals win or lose, and more on if Dalton is physically capable of finishing the game or not.

(Factoid: Chandler Jones is actually the pick the Bengals traded out of when they traded down to get Zeitler, also losing out on David DeCastro in the process of trading down.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:45 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The last three years the Bengals have been good enough to pick in the middle of the draft. Its time to see what the other QBs have so we know what position is the most needed. A lot of fans say the rookies will be ruined with this o-line but if a thirty year old QB can take it, then the younger stronger QBs will hold up just as well. Damn the torpedoes full steam ahead.

It's not the physical aspect that I worry about with a rookie, it's the mental aspect.  Playing behind a dogshit line might ruin a QB.

Even if this team "played all-out" there's a decent chance they still finish with a top 3-5 pick.  The O-line is that bad.
Reply/Quote
Full full full full rebuild.

Dunlap and Atkins are wasted on this defense and aren't even creating sacks at this point.

AJ Green is in the final year of his contract, is over 30 and is now injured.

Andy Dalton will forever be the line by which other QBs are defined (better than Dalton = build around, worse than Dalton = find someone else).

There aren't too many other notable players on this team that are running out of time. But I'd do something with these 4 (trade if you can get something for them) and then rebuild with your core of Boyd, Mixon, Ross (?), Price (?), J. Williams, Billings, Lawson, Hubbard, Jackson and Bates. All of whom are 26 or younger.

The rest of the roster is disposable (and probably should be disposed of, to be honest) or otherwise unknown quantities that may become something over time.

But there's no doubt that a rebuild is required. We tried the "soft rebuild" a few years ago and it utterly failed. We need to ditch Dalton and start from scratch.
Reply/Quote
Don't worry...the 2 guys that we have with the title of 'Scout' are working super hard to turn this around.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 06:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's not the physical aspect that I worry about with a rookie, it's the mental aspect.  Playing behind a dogshit line might ruin a QB.

Even if this team "played all-out" there's a decent chance they still finish with a top 3-5 pick.  The O-line is that bad.

The schedule is easy and when AJ and Glenn return I am scared Dalton will make a late season run to screw us out of a top five pick
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 06:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Terrell Suggs and Chandler Jones are going to eat this OL alive.

Bets should be less about if the Bengals win or lose, and more on if Dalton is physically capable of finishing the game or not.

(Factoid: Chandler Jones is actually the pick the Bengals traded out of when they traded down to get Zeitler, also losing out on David DeCastro in the process of trading down.)
The rest of the season should be evaluating players, If you have a player that is =. Dalton then you don't resign Dalton. The problem is MB is taking that savings and putting it in his pocket or re signing Andre Smith. Dalton 16mil, Glenn12 mil, Green15mil, Atkins 15mil. Those for players would let them receive draft picks and free up money to sign ol and lbs in free agency. Holding on to these players does nothing to bring us out the window with a new competitive team.
Reply/Quote
This team needs a huge improvement in a lot of areas. Top 3 pick won't do that, and can blow up. Team got lucky with Green and Dalton, just no playoff wins and team couldn't get over that hump.Being an unpopular FA destination doesn't help either.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 05:54 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This bengals team is going to struggle to beat the cards and could easily lose.Its going to be played in the rain.What really bothers be is that no player is getting in the face of the bad play of some of them.Why doesn't Joe Mixon tell off the linemen for not opening up running lanes for him.I mean they are wasting this guys year.Why doesn't Dalton tell the O-line off.Its maddening to me.I just could not take that crap and would be yelling my ass off.

So i guess, when you were at work and a guy didn't perform the way you thought he should, you got in his face and yelled at him?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Dolphins are tanking on purpose.

The Bengals are trying to win and achieving similar results to the Dolphins.

We nearly beat the Bills and Seahawks on the road. The Dolphins haven't been competitive.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We have the youngest roster in the NFL the past two seasons the rebuild has been happening. What we need to do is play the young guys who have potential and see how good or bad they actually are. For example why not play Price @ LG and Pratt at LB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote