Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun fun heart cath day
So I'm all hooked up to all kinds of tubes and wires getting another heart catheterization done.. Doc wants to make sure my heartburn is actually heartburn and not a blockage.. I don't know if my skin is just getting tougher or I'm becoming a needle woos, but they hurt quite a bit this time around..If I'm still here tomorrow I should get to watch the game unless I'm getting discharged during the game.. That would be my good fortune..
Anyway..definitely not my first rodeo at this nonsense..just boring and somewhat painful..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 12:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: So I'm all hooked up to all kinds of tubes and wires getting another heart catheterization done.. Doc wants to make sure my heartburn is actually heartburn and not a blockage.. I don't know if my skin is just getting tougher or I'm becoming a needle woos, but they hurt quite a bit this time around..If I'm still here tomorrow I should get to watch the game unless I'm getting discharged during the game.. That would be my good fortune..
Anyway..definitely not my first rodeo at this nonsense..just boring and somewhat painful..

Good vibes your way & hope you leave there in good health.
Reply/Quote
Good luck Gramps

Reply/Quote
I hope all goes well and you are feeling better soon.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Good luck...hurry up & get ready for tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
I hope all goes well!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Got a new stent and angioplasty done..Man, this one kind of hurt. The angioplasty which stretches out the artery is by far the most painful this time around..Went in through my right wrist so it went across my chest to my heart..The others didn't hurt much,  but this feels like they danced on my chest. 
Oh well..this is what happens when you smoke and live long enough. I gotta finally quit these damned things..
I might live as long as my old man if I can quit.. He made it to 93..although I'm not sure I want to make it that far and need home health care every few days.. 75 sounds like a good age to meet my maker.. That'll give me another 12 years..  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Next morning pain is gone.. Now it's back to the regiment of not smoking.. 50 years down the tubes..

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:39 AM)grampahol Wrote: Next morning pain is gone.. Now it's back to the regiment of not smoking.. 50 years down the tubes..

Well, you're posting so that means you're still among us! Enjoy the game dude and I'm not a smoker but good lucking in trying to break the habit. I imagine it is hard.
Reply/Quote
Yup..still alive although the old lady seems to think I'm going to keel over any minute because I'm out in the shop piddling around.. I think I am going to take it easy the rest of the day..kind of wobbly..  

Reply/Quote
Cardiac catheterization is one of the greatest diagnostic tools ever invented.
Reply/Quote
Glad you're back home gramps. Today is the day we finally get this monkey off our back.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 12:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yup..still alive although the old lady seems to think I'm going to keel over any minute because I'm out in the shop piddling around.. I think I am going to take it easy the rest of the day..kind of wobbly..  

Maybe a strong Bengals victory will heal the ticker.

Reply/Quote
Glad you're doing better gramps, what a way to celebrate the new hardware!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Surprised they don't have medicines now that can either numb the pain or just make you so loopy that you don't know what's going on.

Sorry brother.

Prayers
Reply/Quote
Gramps, I have been busy, and missed this sir. It sounds like you're doing good. I have similar problems. I've had arterial bypass done on my blocked up right leg, and next month, they're harvesting more of my own natural vein to bypass the blockage in the left leg. So far all the scans above my waistline are okay, but it's bad in my family, both sides. So...eventually, the legs won't be the problem.

For those of you who smoke cigs, eat fatty foods, and don't exercise. I thought I was indestructible. I have a hard time making it the 25 yards to the mailbox and back. Cardiologist said I am about 98% blocked now in the left leg. After about 20 steps, my calf muscle will seize up from no blood, and the pain. It feels like someone beat the muscle with a ball bat. Going to the store is a nightmare. But my wife has a major back injury, so I have to go.

Nothing spells good health like leaving Walmart with tears in your eyes. Gramps, listen to your wife, and take it easy!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 02:46 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Gramps, I have been busy, and missed this sir.  It sounds like you're doing good.  I have similar problems.  I've had arterial bypass done on my blocked up right leg, and next month, they're harvesting more of my own natural vein to bypass the blockage in the left leg.  So far all the scans above my waistline are okay, but it's bad in my family, both sides.  So...eventually, the legs won't be the problem.

For those of you who smoke cigs, eat fatty foods, and don't exercise.  I thought I was indestructible.  I have a hard time making it the 25 yards to the mailbox and back.  Cardiologist said I am about 98% blocked now in the left leg.  After about 20 steps, my calf muscle will seize up from no blood, and the pain.  It feels like someone beat the muscle with a ball bat.  Going to the store is a nightmare.  But my wife has a major back injury, so I have to go.

Nothing spells good health like leaving Walmart with tears in your eyes.  Gramps, listen to your wife, and take it easy!

I always leave Walmart with tears in my eyes.  Not sure if they're tears from the mental scarring, or tears of joy I'm leaving.  

In all seriousness, glad you're doing better, Gramps, and hoping you're going to get there as well, TT! 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: Got a new stent and angioplasty done..Man, this one kind of hurt. The angioplasty which stretches out the artery is by far the most painful this time around..Went in through my right wrist so it went across my chest to my heart..The others didn't hurt much,  but this feels like they danced on my chest. 
Oh well..this is what happens when you smoke and live long enough. I gotta finally quit these damned things..
I might live as long as my old man if I can quit.. He made it to 93..although I'm not sure I want to make it that far and need home health care every few days.. 75 sounds like a good age to meet my maker.. That'll give me another 12 years..  

Were you awake? I've had two caths, but was asleep both times. First one they woke me up to tell me I needed to go to emergency surgery because my LAD was 99.999% blocked and I would not walk out of the hospital alive. Second one, they woke me up to tell me everything was still clear. Thinking of going in and asking for another one since it's been awhile, but you're the first person I have heard was awake for it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Were you awake? I've had two caths, but was asleep both times. First one they woke me up to tell me I needed to go to emergency surgery because my LAD was 99.999% blocked and I would not walk out of the hospital alive. Second one, they woke me up to tell me everything was still clear. Thinking of going in and asking for another one since it's been awhile, but you're the first person I have heard was awake for it. 

This was the first time I've been awake for it, but I did have some heavy duty pain killers in me at the time so my memory is sketchy at best, but I do remember the pain this time around. I don't know if my days are numbered or not, but if they are I've had mostly a good life with some crap thrown at me along the way like most people.. I'd rather stick around awhile.. 

Reply/Quote
Weird music I listen to.. Most of it is stuff my dad used to listen to in the 60s.. Back then I hated most of it, but as I've gotten older I've appreciated it much more.. 
Anyway...The first song here has stuck with me for years.. If you can't tap your finger and toes to this then give it up and become a quad amputee  paraplegic..  Hilarious

Reply/Quote