Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun fun heart cath day
When you were talking about a stent and angiopathy in the game day thread last week I thought you were joking man, you should put an asterix at the bottom of your posts if it was true! You have a long time left to live, you've gotta see Burrow for another 20 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 03:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Weird music I listen to.. Most of it is stuff my dad used to listen to in the 60s.. Back then I hated most of it, but as I've gotten older I've appreciated it much more.. 
Anyway...The first song here has stuck with me for years.. If you can't tap your finger and toes to this then give it up and become a quad amputee  paraplegic..  Hilarious

I dig it!  There's some good stuff in there.  That first song I had to look up, and was apparently (not that version, but the original) very popular in England during WWII.  It's been covered over the years by Liberace, the Carpenters and even sampled in a DMX song.  Learned something new while listening.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 03:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Weird music I listen to.. Most of it is stuff my dad used to listen to in the 60s.. Back then I hated most of it, but as I've gotten older I've appreciated it much more.. 
Anyway...The first song here has stuck with me for years.. If you can't tap your finger and toes to this then give it up and become a quad amputee  paraplegic..  Hilarious

The Beastie Boys were fans of Dick Hyman's electric moog stuff.
Reply/Quote
Another old song that goes way back..Those were the days.. Mary Hopkins popularized it in the 1960s, but it's an old Russian folk song..
Anyway, I was about 7 and the song was on the radio so I ran up to my grandmother wanting her to listen and she already knew all the words which tripped me out so I asked how she knew the words.. "I know everything!" And I believed her..Turns out my grandma did know everything.. lol

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What the heck..As my old man called it , Sh+t kickin music.. Stuff I grew up on.. lol
Ace Cannon.. 

Also like me some Weather Report..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 02:46 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Gramps, I have been busy, and missed this sir.  It sounds like you're doing good.  I have similar problems.  I've had arterial bypass done on my blocked up right leg, and next month, they're harvesting more of my own natural vein to bypass the blockage in the left leg.  So far all the scans above my waistline are okay, but it's bad in my family, both sides.  So...eventually, the legs won't be the problem.

For those of you who smoke cigs, eat fatty foods, and don't exercise.  I thought I was indestructible.  I have a hard time making it the 25 yards to the mailbox and back.  Cardiologist said I am about 98% blocked now in the left leg.  After about 20 steps, my calf muscle will seize up from no blood, and the pain.  It feels like someone beat the muscle with a ball bat.  Going to the store is a nightmare.  But my wife has a major back injury, so I have to go.

Nothing spells good health like leaving Walmart with tears in your eyes.  Gramps, listen to your wife, and take it easy!

Ain't it the truth we think we're invincible while we're young and then one day...POOF! We're suddenly our own grandfathers.. This actually makes watching sports even tougher at times because we used to be able to at least attempt to be like the people on TV.. All we can do is look backwards and go, well sh*t! Why didn't I listen back then? 
Oh well.. I didn't so no point in crying about that now. 
I'm feeling like I'm not going to be around much longer,  but you never know.. Guy across the street from me, actually 2 different guys both my age died in the past few years. The last one died this past spring. The other a few years back. Both were really overweight, but I'm not so I have that much going for me. It's the 50 years of smoking killing me and I am having a hell of a time with this..I quit drinking, kicked a heroin habit, years of rehab from that, but cigarettes? It's like having to want to cut off my own hands and lips.. It's really tough if you've never smoked as long as I have. My dad quit at about my age and lived another 30 years afterwards.. 
Funny, I can sit watching TV and not think much about it, but step out in the shop and it's a whole different mindset.. same with driving. I feel like ripping the steering wheel out when driving without a smoke.. 
Well, anyway,..I'm going to at least try to hang on till Monday then go back to the ER if things don't settle back down. I REALLY don't want to spend Sunday at the freakin hospital not to mention the nurses ain't really getting any better looking. They're all getting fatter and older looking.. lol  Maybe it's just me.  After all..THE ONLY REASON I've ever bothered to get old and sick in the first place was for the young, pretty nurses. Otherwise the hell with it. I'm not going to get older or sicker..  Cool  

Reply/Quote