Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fun thread] What do you do for a living and what is your highest level of education?
(07-11-2015, 05:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: HS Graduate.

I can get into 99% of anything you can try to lock me out of and you'll never know i was there. That's after i've disabled your security system and CCTV.

I think i've already said too much...

I hope you never get mad at me...:)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pimp

School of hard knocks.

BS from FU.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am going to say this as nicely as possible: Shake, you are a fool for not using your GI Bill. Use it before you loose it.

I have a Graduate Degree because of various GI Bills and currently work as a Human Resources Manager

No worries. I agree with you. I should've already used it. I put school on the backburner for too long.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 08:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No worries. I agree with you. I should've already used it. I put school on the backburner for too long.

It is definitely something you have to "want" to do. I worked full-time and still managed to go (Evening classes). I am currently taking post graduate classes with an eye toward being an ad-hoc Professor.

The stipend is also handy (I assume you qualify for Post-911.)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Frozen Foods Warehouse Manager (graveyard shift)
Tattoo Artist (do that most weekends)
Also do custom artwork/projects on occasion.

Associate of Arts Degree (Visual Communications)
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 06:32 PM)Interceptor Wrote: 1. e4

1...  c6
Reply/Quote
I work in the Quality Control Department for Toyota Motor Manufacturing of Kentucky. Have also worked in other departments, but this is likely where I retire from.

I got my Bachelor's in Political Science from EKU. I do absolutely nothing with this degree but get into arguments.
Reply/Quote
Secret Bengals GM since 2011, dropped out after kindergarten when I beat my teacher in a spelling contest.
Reply/Quote
Bachelor's in jazz performance.

Professional Musician and owner and director/instructor at my music school.
Reply/Quote
Professor of Collective Learning (that's my self-assigned title, actually I teach classes in the history, politics, and philosophy of education, as well as curriculum design and implementation) at Boise State University

Doctorate from THE University of Cincinnati, 1991
Post-Doctorate, Penn State 1994-95
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 12:22 AM)GodFather Wrote: Bachelor's in jazz performance.

Professional Musician and owner and director/instructor at my music school.

Huge fan of jazz my man. Stan Getz, Miles Davis, Chet Baker, to name a few.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 02:14 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Huge fan of jazz my man. Stan Getz, Miles Davis, Chet Baker, to name a few.

My favorite jazz performer is Guy Patterson who played a one terrific riff with Dell Paxton. Wink

[Image: th?id=WN.KWM7oMxc5nyucbHJN1Ptbg&pid=15.1]
Reply/Quote
I am a tax, social security and financial adviser. Bachelors degree in Finance. I own five offices.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I am a government employee whose boss is M.  My co-workers are Q and Miss Moneypenny.  Q is unbelievably creative while Miss Moneypenny is hot.  My job has constant conflict and I am always dealing with nasty people who have unusual names which I don't understand why.  These people also work for global organizations that put my physical and mental skills to the tests.  Thank God for Q or I wouldn't be here enjoying Cincinnati Bengal football.  Overall, my days can sometimes be hectic, but at the end of it all I do enjoy my time off.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 02:14 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Huge fan of jazz my man. Stan Getz, Miles Davis, Chet Baker, to name a few.

What amazing musicians. Love those guys! Ive recently been listening non stop to Mile's "The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions" Phenomenal!
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 12:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: What amazing musicians. Love those guys! Ive recently been listening non stop to Mile's "The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions" Phenomenal!

I am not familiar with these recordings, but when I looked at the other musicians my jaw dropped.

Wayne Shorter
Herbie Hancock
Keith Jarrett (my favorite jazz musician)
John McLaughlin
Dave Holland
Jack DeJohnette
Ron Carter

(plus a lot of other guys I have never heard of who are probably all mind-blowing musicians)

It is like an all-time all-star lineup.  No way all of those guys could be playing together on all of the tracks.
Reply/Quote
Fourth grade teacher trying to turn little Steelers fans into Bengals fans.  Masters degree.  
Reply/Quote
HS graduate who got a job at a coal fired utility shortly out of HS. Now 33 years later I'm a maintenance planner at the same plant. Been extremely lucky to work for a great company with good pay/benefits. 2 more years & I'll be retired.
Reply/Quote
High School diploma, Some College, Many management training certificates and education through the PGA of America. I own a golf course, a real estate company and a rental company.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not familiar with these recordings, but when I looked at the other musicians my jaw dropped.

Wayne Shorter
Herbie Hancock
Keith Jarrett (my favorite jazz musician)
John McLaughlin
Dave Holland
Jack DeJohnette
Ron Carter

(plus a lot of other guys I have never heard of who are probably all mind-blowing musicians)

It is like an all-time all-star lineup.  No way all of those guys could be playing together on all of the tracks.

It spans over 5 discs. There's a ton of material and will take you a long time to digest with the wonderful playing. Each disc highlights different players with Miles. Heres a great article on it if your interested.

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/the-complete-jack-johnson-sessions-by-rod-sibley.php
Reply/Quote