Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fundraiser For Anyone In Northern Kentucky!
Or anyone in Cincinnati!

There's AMAZING trauma hospitals in Cincinnati (University, Children's, etc.) that deal with patients with traumatic brain injuries from all over the world.

The problem is that, whenever people get discharged from those hospitals and have to come back across the river to Northern Kentucky, there is no one to be a case manager and get the resources that are needed to care for someone with a TBI.

Often times, houses need to be adapted, new accessible vehicles are needed, etc., but there's just no organization to help people get those and, even if there was, there's no one in charge of making sure they get them.

My brother and I are working to raise money to get these resources and to hire a case manager, as well as to hopefully just raise awareness.

We are hosting a Brain Walk in Covington, Kentucky, which is directly across the river from Cincinnati.

It only costs $25 and you can register here by clicking "Tickets" and then typing in "Champ's Crew" to join my team. It gives you a few options: survivor, adult, child, military, or there's an option where you can just donate money.

If you can walk it, that would be great, or, if you can donate any money (I think it says between $1 and $25), that would also be great!

It's not much and you might not think it's worth the effort, but, if a group of people donate small amounts, it adds up QUICK?!

Thank you to anyone that donates or walks it! If you can't walk or donate, I'd be just as grateful for any good thoughts!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Reply/Quote
Good idea Brad, but it probably ought to be a national organization to help people wherever they happen to be. 
I tried unsuccessfully to organize an effort to get people who do woodworking to start building free furniture for different organizations that help out folks who have lost everything they own.. Homelessness, people whose homes have caught fire and so on. 
I built several tables and chairs to give away last year and wanted to get it going nationally, but it just never quite caught on..  Hang in there. Perhaps you can find enough folks who are skilled at these things to donate their time and effort .  I'd donate right now except I'm broke until after the first of the month.  Drop me a PM to remind me and I'll help out . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 08:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: Good idea Brad, but it probably ought to be a national organization to help people wherever they happen to be. 
I tried unsuccessfully to organize an effort to get people who do woodworking to start building free furniture for different organizations that help out folks who have lost everything they own.. Homelessness, people whose homes have caught fire and so on. 
I built several tables and chairs to give away last year and wanted to get it going nationally, but it just never quite caught on..  Hang in there. Perhaps you can find enough folks who are skilled at these things to donate their time and effort .  I'd donate right now except I'm broke until after the first of the month.  Drop me a PM to remind me and I'll help out . 

I appreciate the thoughts, regardless.  I'd remind you, but I'm brain damaged, so, unless I see this pop-up again, it's unlikely  Hilarious

That's HUGE of you to donate time and resources like that.

There should be a national organization, but then there would have to be offshoots to make sure the smaller areas get noticed and I just don't think there's enough money for anything on the national level to be supported.

We're just trying to make a difference in the area, but this is something that should last a long time and help a lot of people.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 08:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I appreciate the thoughts, regardless.  I'd remind you, but I'm brain damaged, so, unless I see this pop-up again, it's unlikely  Hilarious

That's HUGE of you to donate time and resources like that.

There should be a national organization, but then there would have to be offshoots to make sure the smaller areas get noticed and I just don't think there's enough money for anything on the national level to be supported.

We're just trying to make a difference in the area, but this is something that should last a long time and help a lot of people.
Hang in there with it.  Even if you only help a handful of people it's still better than zero which is what most people are willing to do to help   ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 09:09 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hang in there with it.  Even if you only help a handful of people it's still better than zero which is what most people are willing to do to help   ..

We're going to help A LOT of people and families by bringing BIG changes to the area in terms of proving help for families with individuals that suffer from traumatic brain injuries!

We already have over a hundred registered and many more donations, as well as donations from sponsors, but we're looking to bring awareness to the problem and raise as much money as possible, so join up and walk or make a donation of up to $25!
Reply/Quote
Brad your link in the OP just goes to some .gif of that dude from Scrubs when I click it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 06:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Brad your link in the OP just goes to some .gif of that dude from Scrubs when I click it.

My apologies! I’m on my way home right now but see if this link works

https://www.eventbrite.com/teams/champs-crew/2104293

Champ’s Crew!
Reply/Quote