Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
{{{ Fundraiser: Making sure The Bengals Board is here to stay!!! }}}
So...don't hate me Bengals Board family  Mellow , but I'm coming to you again asking for a little assistance. As you know, we recently upgraded to a new platform and state of the art servers, paid for by the community, and it's been great as the board is so smooth and fast, and there have been no issues from the tech side that has been an awesome change. The upgrade special runs through May of next year and then goes back to regular price, which is very expensive and something I would very much like to avoid. 

I want to do the 36 month extension that is offered for the same services and added extras as well, and lock in the discounted rate for the next 3 years. Here's what we'll get by purchasing the 3 year plan:

--- The same Elite package, but at only $119.95 monthly average when purchased in 3 year block, which is over $100 per month less than paying year to year. That's a HUGE savings and guarantees that we have an incredible service. 

--- We will have up to 6 CPU's, 16 GB of RAM, and 6 TB of bandwidth available to use during those years...which means we will have plenty of room to grow and still have great performance on the board, without having to pay extra for it. 

--- It also come with priority 24/7 tech support with actual web developers, who will also provide 100% server and security management if I want. That option alone would make my life a lot easier, because I dealing with those issues can be time consuming and a major pain in the ass for someone like me, who is a professional techie. 

The most important factors for me in wanting to do this is the stability and peace of mind that it provides, and the fact that we can stay at an incredibly high level of service for almost half the price. As I talked about in the 'Thank you' thread, I've seen whats happened to a lot of message boards these days, and I don't want to ever worry about that happening to us.

As I mentioned, the 3 year extension plan averages out to 119.95 per month, but has to be paid in total to get that discount rate and has to be at for 36 months. The total price is $4,318...but the $319 extra from the last fundraiser will be applied. meaning the balance is $3,999. I figured I would do a 30 day fundraiser to try to come up with as much of it as possible, and then I'll cover the amount that remains after donations.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/let039s-make-sure-the-bengals-board-is-here-to-stay
Reply/Quote
Man I hate to be an asshole and love this forum, but what was wrong with the package we funded in May? I'll gladly donate again but I guess I don't understand everything. Again sorry, I just don't understand what is going on.

Edit: I understand now thanks to explanations below. Sorry for questioning it. I didn't mean to be a jerk.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 09:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Man I hate to be an asshole and love this forum, but what was wrong with the package we funded in May? I'll gladly donate again but I guess I don't understand everything. Again sorry, I just don't understand what is going on.

The package that was bought through the last round of donations ends in May of 2021. There is a promotion to lock in the same rate that we currently have paid for till May 2023.

The promotion is, if I understand correctly, if you pay upfront for 3 years (because we already paid for one, it would be pay an additional two more years), you get the package locked in at a much more reasonable price ($100 off a month) until May 2023, with a few added benefits that also helps manage the site, at no extra cost, because we are locked in for 3 years vs 1.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 09:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Man I hate to be an asshole and love this forum, but what was wrong with the package we funded in May?  I'll gladly donate again but I guess I don't understand everything. Again sorry, I just don't understand what is going on.

The way I understand it is that if we do a longer term deal with a service provider we get a better deal. And instead of having to do one of these every year we can be covered for the next 3.5 years or so. 
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 09:16 PM)FanFromCan Wrote: The package that was bought through the last round of donations ends in May of 2021. There is a promotion to lock in the same rate that we currently have paid for till May 2023.

The promotion is, if I understand correctly, if you pay upfront for 3 years (because we already paid for one, it would be pay an additional two more years), you get the package locked in at a much more reasonable price ($100 off a month) until May 2023, with a few added benefits that also helps manage the site, at no extra cost, because we are locked in for 3 years vs 1.

That makes sense.  Thanks.  Donated.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Gonna jump in again. If we reach the goal within 30 days or less, I'll donate $100 to Joe Burrow's charity, Foundation for Appalachian Ohio.

https://www.appalachianohio.org/grow/funds/fund-profiles/joeburrow/

Let's do this. Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Is there any way I can use my paypal account for my donation?
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 10:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Is there any way I can use my paypal account for my donation?

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001992827-Making-a-Donation

Quote:Donations made to a certified charity fundraiser can be made by PayPal, but personal fundraisers cannot accept PayPal. They can only credit or debit card donations.

If you're unable to donate using a credit or debit card, you can always get in touch with the GoFundMe organizer to ask whether they're able to receive your donation another way.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Awesome! Glad to pitch in to keep the boards going at a fair price. 'Holic is a smart shopper, and we should all jump on to keep the board as it is.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
pitched in
Reply/Quote
I will gladly donate, but I'm going to have to wait until my next payday.
Reply/Quote
Just to clarify, I'm Mill house on the donor list.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 09:16 PM)FanFromCan Wrote: The package that was bought through the last round of donations ends in May of 2021. There is a promotion to lock in the same rate that we currently have paid for till May 2023.

Correct. 

(07-17-2020, 10:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Awesome!  Glad to pitch in to keep the boards going at a fair price.  'Holic is a smart shopper, and we should all jump on to keep the board as it is.

I try brother. I'm always looking for the best possible service at the best possible deals. This is a great one, and there's just no way I want to pass this up. As I said in the OP, having the professional techs managing the server and security is very important as well. I do my best with that stuff, but I'm no pro and feel much better turning it over to them. I love the way the board is working right now and really like that we have so much available in the way of growth with this deal, that won't cost anything over the deal itself. 
Reply/Quote
Done. Very much worth it for all the service provided.
Reply/Quote
I did my part. For some reason it gave my real name (Humbert) instead of psychdoctor. Oh well. Hope this helps....
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
freezebowlbengal just donated
Reply/Quote
Done deal
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 09:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Gonna jump in again.  If we reach the goal within 30 days or less, I'll donate $100 to Joe Burrow's charity, Foundation for Appalachian Ohio.

https://www.appalachianohio.org/grow/funds/fund-profiles/joeburrow/

Let's do this.  Big Grin

(07-17-2020, 11:49 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I will gladly donate, but I'm going to have to wait until my next payday.

(07-18-2020, 01:21 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Just to clarify, I'm Mill house on the donor list.

(07-18-2020, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Done.  Very much worth it for all the service provided.

(07-18-2020, 10:31 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I did my part.  For some reason it gave my real name (Humbert) instead of psychdoctor.  Oh well.  Hope this helps....

(07-18-2020, 10:41 AM)freezebowlbengal Wrote: freezebowlbengal just donated

(07-18-2020, 10:49 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Done deal

Thank you. It's very much appreciated. Joe
Reply/Quote
Just donated.

Thanks for doing all the work that you do for this site!
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 02:03 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Just donated.

Thanks for doing all the work that you do for this site!

Thanks for donating!
Reply/Quote