Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future is bright
Ive been a fan of this team as long as I can remember. Guess my earliest memory was the freezer bowl. It’s weird how some things just seem to come full circle. If anyone remembers the game before the freezer bowl was the chargers Vs Miami. That game was till this day the greatest divisional round game ever. Now here we are yet again playing the winner of the current greatest game in KC. Going against a red hot team coming off an incredible game that had to take a toll on the team. The temp was the major factor rightfully so but I’m sure the previous game played its part in the Chargers demise. We have a chance to go against the 49ers in the SB again. With their innovative coach much like Walsh was. It doesn’t get better than this who-Dey nation.

Early in the season I was laughed at by colleagues for saying this team was different. This team has that something we have been waiting so long for. We have a dynasty in the making. But we must take advantage of the youth on this team while we have it. If we can get this Oline fixed this off season this team can be great even unstoppable. This season is exactly what this franchise needed. We finally invested in top FA’s who are all playing at a high level. Maybe MB won’t be so hesitant in the future to go after top FA’s. And for the most part this team has stayed healthy while the teams in our div have been devastated by injury's. We have nailed it with the draft the past couple years and one of the biggest draft picks to make an instant impact on this team just happens to be the smallest guy on the team. YES we finally have a legit kicker. We have our franchise QB. A stud kicker. Finally have LBers that can make plays in coverage. We have a solid D line, can’t wait to see what Ossai can do. And As far as our offensive weapons, I would take them over any in the NFL. One of the key factors to this seasons success has been health.

I thought we were a year or two early for a SB run but with the luck we have had in staying healthy, why not now. We really need our D to make some plays against KC. Sure it will hurt if we lose but I’m already so proud of this team and excited about the future that it won’t hurt for long.

I just want to thank those of you who keep this board going. I’ve been on this board since it started. I hope everyone has a great weekend and hopefully come Sunday evening we will be watching to see who we play in the SB. Who-Dey!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I was merely hoping for eight wins, a doubling of the win total that had been doubled before. I wanted to see a competitive team that, with a few lucky bounces, might have been a playoff contender.  But, the conference instead decided to remain clumped together, and a young, hungry team was able to emerge as North champions, a season or two ahead of schedule.  Such is the volatile nature of the NFL.  

Even though it wasn't intended as an optimistic, happy tune, it nonetheless captures the spirit of this moment.  

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The future is 29 hours from now. I am not looking at anything beyond that.

Shock the world, Bengals!
Reply/Quote
When asked about this team I keep telling people my theme song is "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades". Really long time I've been so optimistic about this team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY
Reply/Quote
I am not surprised that the Bengals are much better than last season. The biggest reason, in my opinion, is being very healthy. Yes the free agents and draft were great but in the past they would just be injured so it wouldn't matter. If the O line is addressed well in the off season, this team is definitely heading towards that dynasty label. The front office has made some fantastic decisions now it would be insane not to realize what the weakest link is and how much is riding on simply fixing it and the cap space is there to do it!
Reply/Quote
Future is so bright that Cincinnati should hand out UV 400 sunglasses to each fan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Barring disastrous events/decisions, the Bengals are going to be relevant for the next decade. Taylor and Burrow have this team in position to win it all already. Imagine how good they’ll be with a few acquisitions in very important places, and with some experience on their record.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 04:20 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Ive been a fan of this team as long as I can remember. Guess my earliest memory was the freezer bowl. It’s weird how some things just seem to come full circle. If anyone remembers the game before the freezer bowl was the chargers Vs Miami. That game was till this day the greatest divisional round game ever. Now here we are yet again playing the winner of the current greatest game in KC. Going against a red hot team coming off an incredible game that had to take a toll on the team. The temp was the major factor rightfully so but I’m sure the previous game played its part in the Chargers demise. We have a chance to go against the 49ers in the SB again. With their innovative coach much like Walsh was. It doesn’t get better than this who-Dey nation.

Early in the season I was laughed at by colleagues for saying this team was different. This team has that something we have been waiting so long for. We have a dynasty in the making. But we must take advantage of the youth on this team while we have it. If we can get this Oline fixed this off season this team can be great even unstoppable. This season is exactly what this franchise needed. We finally invested in top FA’s who are all playing at a high level. Maybe MB won’t be so hesitant in the future to go after top FA’s. And for the most part this team has stayed healthy while the teams in our div have been devastated by injury's. We have nailed it with the draft the past couple years and one of the biggest draft picks to make an instant impact on this team just happens to be the smallest guy on the team. YES we finally have a legit kicker. We have our franchise QB. A stud kicker. Finally have LBers that can make plays in coverage. We have a solid D line, can’t wait to see what Ossai can do. And As far as our offensive weapons, I would take them over any in the NFL. One of the key factors to this seasons success has been health.

I thought we were a year or two early for a SB run but with the luck we have had in staying healthy, why not now. We really need our D to make some plays against KC. Sure it will hurt if we lose but I’m already so proud of this team and excited about the future that it won’t hurt for long.

I just want to thank those of you who keep this board going. I’ve been on this board since it started. I hope everyone has a great weekend and hopefully come Sunday evening we will be watching to see who we play in the SB. Who-Dey!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it TKUHL. Nice hearing from you as you rarely post now a days. Are you laughing at your colleagues now? They deserve it.

What is awesome, something that you kind of brought up here is that the FO finally forking out the dough for top FA's actually
worked.

I was afraid if it didn't work and many stayed injured like Waynes it would deter them from doing the same in FA again. 

It worked FO, keep it up and protect Burrow while adding decent run blockers and this team can be the best in the NFL without
weakness barring injuries. We have been very blessed with our lack of injuries but we did lose a lot of guys too, in Ossai, Reiff,
D'Ante Smith, Waynes, ADG, Ogunjobi, Hubert etc. 

Also Trey Hopkins being banged up most of the year coming off that ACL injury has been rough. It hasn't been all rainbows
which makes me believe we finally have a good coaching staff that can coach the next man up. This is huge. Props to Taylor 
and the rest of the coaches for this and keeping this team disciplined.

BTW, keep the false starts at a minimum tomorrow please. People have been saying Prince didn't give up a pressure against
the Titans which I would argue with but he did have 2 false starts at least. Cannot have this tomorrow in an even louder stadium.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love it TKUHL. Nice hearing from you as you rarely post now a days. Are you laughing at your colleagues now? They deserve it.

What is awesome, something that you kind of brought up here is that the FO finally forking out the dough for top FA's actually
worked.

I was afraid if it didn't work and many stayed injured like Waynes it would deter them from doing the same in FA again. 

It worked FO, keep it up and protect Burrow while adding decent run blockers and this team can be the best in the NFL without
weakness barring injuries. We have been very blessed with our lack of injuries but we did lose a lot of guys too, in Ossai, Reiff,

Also Trey Hopkins being banged up most of the year coming off that ACL injury has been rough. It hasn't been all rainbows
which makes me believe we finally have a good coaching staff that can coach the next man up. This is huge. Props to Taylor 

BTW, keep the false starts at a minimum tomorrow please. People have been saying Prince didn't give up a pressure against
the Titans which I would argue with but he did have 2 false starts at least. Cannot have this tomorrow in an even louder stadium.

Hey Thanks Nate. Just been working my butt off lately, went through a break up, ya know all that hood stuff.

Don’t let my lack of posting fool ya I have been loving this team. And yes my co workers are salty. A couple Pitt, Dal, GB and NE fans so it was awesome to see us out last all of them. I do think it’s amazing that our core offensive weapons have stayed healthy and is a huge part of our success. But like you said we still lost some good players that could have helped us on this run. I can’t help but think that finally having a consistent and confident QB and kicker, lol yes a kicker has been what this team has needed.

It almost feels strange saying the things I have said about this team, the staff and front office and meaning it, but it’s about damn time! It’s our time, our decade, our division and hopefully our conference for the next ten years. Won’t be easy with the insane talented QB’s in the AFC but this team has finally arrived. Just trying to soak it in and enjoy the moment. We are truly the greatest fan base in the greatest sport. We deserve this, we needed this. I can’t wait till tomorrow, it’s going to be tough. Like you said we have to keep the false starts to a min with the crowd noise. Can’t get ourselves in too many 3rd and longs against this team in that environment. If we win I think it will be because of our D making plays, giving us as many opportunities in offense as possible keeping Mahomes on the sideline as much as we can. But like I said before, I’m already proud of this team win or lose. Moving forward just a playoff win or two won’t be the goal. We have a team now that expects to win. And if we beef up that line and add a few more key position players the AFC will have to go through Cincinnati for the next decade.

Hope you enjoy the game, wish I still lived in Cincy but I think I found a Bengals bar here in Charlotte I’m going to check out tomorrow. Just sucks watching what I feel like I’ve been waiting my whole life for alone. So thanks to you Nate and the rest of the board for having a place here to talk about the excitement. If anyone on here is in the Charlotte area hit me up if you know any cool spots to watch the game. Who-Dey #OurTime
Reply/Quote
Bad news about the future.. We're all going to be older then..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yes. But not as old as you. Gramps
Reply/Quote
It figures that we would finally have a bright future at the same time that society is collapsing and we are all being enslaved.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 12:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It figures that we would finally have a bright future at the same time that society is collapsing and we are all being enslaved.

This made me laugh, Fred. Hopefully that is what you intended. You know, a play on your ability to find a contrarian angle to any post.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 12:45 AM)Nepa Wrote: This made me laugh, Fred. Hopefully that is what you intended. You know, a play on your ability to find a contrarian angle to any post.

Fred's wet blanket has been a key factor in our season. I say keep it coming Fred. We don't want to change anything now.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 11:34 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes. But not as old as you. Gramps

Your future ain't so bright if you ain't living to my age.. I'm only 62..  Nervous

And Fred...despite enslavement and the complete collapse of society look on the bright side... Uhmmm...errr...ehhh..Someone will think of a bright side maybe..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 09:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Hey Thanks Nate. Just been working my butt off lately, went through a break up, ya know all that hood stuff.

Don’t let my lack of posting fool ya I have been loving this team. And yes my co workers are salty. A couple Pitt, Dal, GB and NE fans so it was awesome to see us out last all of them. I do think it’s amazing that our core offensive weapons have stayed healthy and is a huge part of our success. But like you said we still lost some good players that could have helped us on this run. I can’t help but think that finally having a consistent and confident QB and kicker, lol yes a kicker has been what this team has needed.

It almost feels strange saying the things I have said about this team, the staff and front office and meaning it, but it’s about damn time! It’s our time, our decade, our division and hopefully our conference for the next ten years. Won’t be easy with the insane talented QB’s in the AFC but this team has finally arrived. Just trying to soak it in and enjoy the moment. We are truly the greatest fan base in the greatest sport. We deserve this, we needed this. I can’t wait till tomorrow, it’s going to be tough. Like you said we have to keep the false starts to a min with the crowd noise. Can’t get ourselves in too many 3rd and longs against this team in that environment. If we win I think it will be because of our D making plays, giving us as many opportunities in offense as possible keeping Mahomes on the sideline as much as we can. But like I said before, I’m already proud of this team win or lose. Moving forward just a playoff win or two won’t be the goal. We have a team now that expects to win. And if we beef up that line and add a few more key position players the AFC will have to go through Cincinnati for the next decade.

Hope you enjoy the game, wish I still lived in Cincy but I think I found a Bengals bar here in Charlotte I’m going to check out tomorrow. Just sucks watching what I feel like I’ve been waiting my whole life for alone. So thanks to you Nate and the rest of the board for having a place here to talk about the excitement. If anyone on here is in the Charlotte area hit me up if you know any cool spots to watch the game. Who-Dey #OurTime

Rock On Rock on brother. Love it. It is going to be fun, great competition in the AFC just like we want it.

We don't want anything handed to us. We are going to take it.

Right now I am going to cook some taco meat for some taco salads for gametime. Modelo's in the cooler.Cheers

Gonna be a blast regardless of the way this game ends we have a bright future as you say TKUHL and no team is going look over us anymore. We are legit.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:20 AM)grampahol Wrote: Your future ain't so bright if you ain't living to my age.. I'm only 62..  Nervous

And Fred...despite enslavement and the complete collapse of society look on the bright side... Uhmmm...errr...ehhh..Someone will think of a bright side maybe..  ThumbsUp

someone needs to get Fred some jam for that toast 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love it TKUHL. Nice hearing from you as you rarely post now a days. Are you laughing at your colleagues now? They deserve it.

worked.

Congrats Nate!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Congrats Nate!!!!!!!!!

Congrats TKUHL!!! Rock On Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Congrats TKUHL!!! Rock On Who Dey

Can’t believe it man. Holy hell we are in the SB.
Reply/Quote