Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd now one of best WR's in NFL
Fantasy Team owners will be scrambling to gather up Boyd who is a free agent in most leagues. Another often a free agent is Falcons Calvin Ridley. Both will be in Bengals / Falcons Game. Both are Red Hot. Boyd is out playing most of the other NFL WR's. Bengals need to keep giving him the ball.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Had a few good weeks? YA!

One of the best WRs in the NFL? Not quite....
Reply/Quote
You should have said one the best fantasy pickups. That would be an accurate statement, not only in fact but in what your post was about.

I agree that he's improving a lot, and is turning into the best number 2 guy we've had in a few years. But he's not even a top 20 wr overall. Maybe not top 30 wr.
Reply/Quote
I used the word NOW, meaning now, in 2018 after first 3 weeks. Just as Mahomes and Fitzpatrick are some of best QB's in NFL, NOW, at this time in 2018. So I'm not going on career stats or what the preseason projections were. Boyd so far is outplaying most of the WR's in the NFL. He does in fact rank in top 15 in 2018 production so far, and Green is around top 5.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Thought Boyd would have a breakout year but he is even better than i thought he would be, love his effort and hands out there.

One of the bright spots in a tough loss.
Reply/Quote
And yet he'll somehow become a member of the Marvs Marvelous dog house club for reasons to be named later with one of Hobson's unexplained asterisks.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 08:28 PM)kevin Wrote: I used the word NOW, meaning now, in 2018 after first 3 weeks.  Just as Mahomes and Fitzpatrick are some of best QB's in NFL, NOW, at this time in 2018.  So I'm not going on career stats or what the preseason projections were.  Boyd so far is outplaying most of the WR's in the NFL.  He does in fact rank in top 15 in 2018 production so far, and Green is around top 5.

Ridley had 1 good game, was inconsequential in the other 2.
Reply/Quote
So far in 2018...

Here are your top 12 point producers per game.

1.   Michael Thomas
2.   Mike Evans
3.   William Fuller
4.   Desean Jackson
5.   AJ Green
6.   Calvin Ridley
7.   Kevin Golladay
8.   Davante Adams
9.   Odell Beckham
10. Julio Jones
11. Jarvis Landry
12. Tyler Boyd
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 01:01 PM)Wilikn Wrote: So far in 2018...

Here are your top 12 point producers per game.

1.   Michael Thomas
2.   Mike Evans
3.   William Fuller
4.   Desean Jackson
5.   AJ Green
6.   Calvin Ridley
7.   Kevin Golladay
8.   Davante Adams
9.   Odell Beckham
10. Julio Jones
11. Jarvis Landry
12. Tyler Boyd

5 and 12.  Not bad!

And Boyd is looking the part.   He's doing all the things a top receiver does in terms of running routes, competing for the ball, reliability of his hands, getting open and anticipating his QB.  He was awesome in Carolina.
Reply/Quote
Picked up Boyd in FA....dumped Duke Johnson.  Started Ridley this week and SCORED.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 01:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Picked up Boyd in FA....dumped Duke Johnson.  Started Ridley this week and SCORED.

Off topic but while surfing on TV I've heard a couple guys saying they like starting Dalton against the Falcons D this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 01:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Off topic but while surfing on TV I've heard a couple guys saying they like starting Dalton against the Falcons D this week.

He's a good 2nd option this year.  I have Ryan and Rodgers.....wish I would have started Ryan!  Scored 58 and change.....Ridley and Cooper Kupp added to the starting lineup got me over the hump though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Could not be happier about what Boyd is doing for Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Turning into a solid #2. Now if we could just get Ross to step it up.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 01:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Could not be happier about what Boyd is doing for Bengals.

He's on pace right now for like 80 receptions and 10 TD's

An awesome #2

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: Ridley had 1 good game, was inconsequential in the other 2.

Falcon fans are we’re really high on this kid coming into the season. I don’t think he should be over looked; could be dangerous.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 02:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: Falcon fans are we’re really high on this kid coming into the season.  I don’t think he should be over looked; could be dangerous.

never underestimate the falcons O. 

just hope our offense can keep up and our d step up. we need to get pressure on ryan
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote