Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Notorious D.O.G.
I’ve never had a dog before but now we have one. Well, two. Sort of.

My oldest daughter graduated from UC last year and she’s teleworking from home. She brought her dog with her and the little guy just won me over. Finn is a two year old nine pound ShihPoo which is a cross between a Shih Tzu and a Poodle. He’s so calm, so chill, and my daughter trained him well. He’s smart, doesn’t shed, and he’s hypoallergenic which makes the lovely Mrs. FiK happy.

Soon my daughter and Finn will move to an apartment nearer to her work and my younger middle school age daughter said she will miss Finn. So, two weeks ago, we did some research and brought home a three pound ten week old ShihPoo. He’s awesome. Apparently getting a ShihPoo is like opening a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re going to get.

Lenny, the younger ShihPoo, is the opposite of Finn. Lenny is named for the comedian Lenny Bruce and he’s four pounds of urine and acetic acid. Lenny has already kicked Finn’s ass twice and now that Lenny has established his “alpha” credentials the two get along well.

My younger daughter and Lenny are already good friends. This is going to be fun. To all of you dog owners, please know I totally understand you now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 01:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve never had a dog before but now we have one.  Well, two.  Sort of.

My oldest daughter graduated from UC last year and she’s teleworking from home.  She brought her dog with her and the little guy just won me over.  Finn is a two year old nine pound ShihPoo which is a cross between a Shih Tzu and a Poodle.  He’s so calm, so chill, and my daughter trained him well.  He’s smart, doesn’t shed, and he’s hypoallergenic which makes the lovely Mrs. FiK happy.  

Soon my daughter and Finn will move to an apartment nearer to her work and my younger middle school age daughter said she will miss Finn.  So, two weeks ago, we did some research and brought home a three pound ten week old ShihPoo.  He’s awesome.  Apparently getting a ShihPoo is like opening a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re going to get.

Lenny, the younger ShihPoo, is the opposite of Finn.  Lenny is named for the comedian Lenny Bruce and he’s four pounds of urine and acetic acid.  Lenny has already kicked Finn’s ass twice and now that Lenny has established his “alpha” credentials the two get along well.  

My younger daughter and Lenny are already good friends.  This is going to be fun.  To all of you dog owners, please know I totally understand you now.

Our Saint Bernard is lazy and clingy as hell, and spends most of his time lounging on the couch. LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 02:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Our Saint Bernard is lazy and clingy as hell, and spends most of his time lounging on the couch. LOL

Last September I lost my Lab, Olive. My wife at the time waited a couple of months and sprung a surprise and brought home a 12 week old St Bernard pup! Gotta say, I fell in love with him! He has no bad days, just goofier than a car full of clowns. We separated back in January and I actually had to go over to her house and get papers. OMG he is only 7 months old and already pushing 100 LBS, and about 42" high on all fours. I hadn't seen him in 3 months and he practical ran my ass over. He jumped up and put his front paws on my shoulders, he was taller than me!  
Reply/Quote
I never thought I would care much for small dogs, as I had Dobermans for an over 20 year span of my lifetime. My wife decided to get a Yorkie, coming up on 2 years ago. I must say that the little fella has grown on me. He always follows me from room to room, and watches intently on whatever I'm doing. Weather it be working the yard, assembling products that we purchased, cooking, and most obviously when I'm eating..

When he first arrived, I had entertained thoughts of packing him up, driving to Ohio, and dropping from whence he came. On my Mother in Law's doorstep.. LOL But now, it's kinda hard to imagine not having him around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote