Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GIO is no MIXON
(09-23-2018, 09:45 PM)Sweetness Wrote: You think so? I honestly didnt swe anything impressive out of him. I think pretty much any RB in the league could have ran for close to 150 with the holes he had all game. There were numerous times he was 15 yards downfield before even touched and not because of anything he did. 

I actually agree with this while he had an insane game it was clearly the LB group of the bengals that couldn’t step up in the box and make a stop. The Defense looked slow today on the line and in the midfield.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:11 PM)Tomkat Wrote: To everyone who said, "we'll be fine" without Mixon.
What do you say now?

Gio wasn't the one allowing the Panthers to run all over us. Gio wasn't the one turning over the ball, or half assing routes that led to a turnover. Gio wasn't the one who let Cam Newton gash us int he redzone. Gio wasn't Mixon, but he WASN'T the problem.
Reply/Quote
Not really sure what Mixon would have done to make our defense not be absolutely atrocious. Gio actually played a really good game.
Reply/Quote
Bengals need Gio and Mixon healthy and complimenting each other.

But not stopping the run is what beat Bengals today. Not Gio.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I did notice the Bengals employed a fullback/h-back today, which kind of surprised me. No idea who it was; I wasn't feeling well, and the Ravens fans at the bar were going insane for most of their game. I also noticed the tight end group had a good day, although Uzomah's touchdown celebration was...lame, as those things go. I'm glad he got one, though. I said something good about Dre last week; I'm not going to say anything good this week. I've been hard on Tyler Boyd in the past; he had a nice game today.
Reply/Quote
They're different style backs. The comparison is apples to oranges. While we were playing from behind, it still would've been nice to give Gio a few more carries. You just never know when he's going to break one.

The biggest thing that hurt was the inability to stop the run. The run D was atrocious today.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:11 PM)Tomkat Wrote: To everyone who said, "we'll be fine" without Mixon.
What do you say now?

We'll be fine
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I say if Mixon was in, they don't throw it 50 times.
Gio isn't a "ground n pound" type back... therefore, they went away from the ground game.

The Bengals threw it 50 times because the front 7 other than Dunlap were terrible. Run defense was beyond terrible. The linebackers minus Burfict are scrubs. Panthers were ahead most of the game, Bengals had to throw it. Ross ran terrible routes, Andy threw picks.

None of this was Gio’s fault. Gio pulled his weight.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
The guy that we could have used in this game was Burfict stopping the run.
Reply/Quote
What do you say now?

I say Gio averaged 5 ypc but only got 12 carries.  The stupid run in to the pile is so predictable and Mixon gets nothing out of that run, either.  JUST ONCE, on first down, I would love to see Dalton bootleg out of that formation and air it out to Ross or AJ.  EVERYONE knows when we are running that play and where it is going.  The Panthers not only outplayed the Bengals, they were thoroughly out-coached.

Mark Walton had one amazing run, then we never saw him again (it was negated by a penalty).

I don't blame Gio, I blame his coaches. 
Reply/Quote