Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GM Mayock fired by the Raiders after 3 seasons
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33087691/gm-mike-mayock-fired-las-vegas-raiders-three-seasons

So I don’t know if I’m in the minority on this but I always thought this was a stupid hire. The dude had no real credentials and his draft analysis was average at best.

To me This is what happens when you try to hire someone like Bill Simmons who thinks they know everything but in reality they don’t.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I think he does know a lot. The problem is he thinks he knows better than everyone else. Every draft he reached for a guy that he thought he knew better than everyone else. Well, that did not work out.

Good point though, don't just hire a TV personality and expect them to be awesome. I don't think Mel Kiper would make a good GM either.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully this means he is back on NFL network doing draft coverage and we get to see him ***** about orangutans making the picks.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Damn, yet another victim of the whistle.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 09:23 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I think he does know a lot. The problem is he thinks he knows better than everyone else. Every draft he reached for a guy that he thought he knew better than everyone else. Well, that did not work out.

Good point though, don't just hire a TV personality and expect them to be awesome. I don't think Mel Kiper would make a good GM either.

Considering he's not a good fake TV GM, I can't see how it could go wrong!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 09:23 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I think he does know a lot. The problem is he thinks he knows better than everyone else. Every draft he reached for a guy that he thought he knew better than everyone else. Well, that did not work out.

God I would love to see someone hire him and watch it all crash and burn. Can’t deny though I do like listening to Mel Kiper talk out of his ass about the draft though.
Reply/Quote
Well, what do you know? Armchair GMs are no better than armchair QBs.. LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't hold as much against him with the circus that was the Raiders during his time there. Gruden technically held more power over him. I know there was talk that Mayock was in charge of the draft, but I know there was talk that Gruden overruled a couple of draft picks and chose his guy over who Mayock wanted.

Oh well, I'll enjoy him being back on NFLN.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 12:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, what do you know?  Armchair GMs are no better than armchair QBs..  LOL

they have a pretty good roster out there before their #1 WR killed someone.

and still have a pretty good roster.. Which is kinda what GMs are suppose to do right?

Dont remember if he came before Gruden or the other way around.   Im guessing they want the new GM/HC to be a packaged deal
Reply/Quote