Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GM Rankings
(04-23-2019, 07:09 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I would say the 2015 draft alone takes them down a few pegs. I don’t know how much say Duke had in that decision, but yes, replacing Whit with OG knowing he wasn’t that good is a black eye they won’t get rid of for a long time. That and their inability to be creative with the way they operate with their roster construction. The Pats are masters at getting a decent player for next to nothing. The Bengals sole reliance on the draft really hurts them when it doesn’t work out.

Hindsight being 50/50, yeah they screwed up the 2015 draft big time. But I still think the thought process of taking two young OTs 1 and 2 when both of their guys were getting old was a sound strategy... they just whiffed badly on both guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 06:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We've heard this Mike has stepped back thing a dozen times since 2010 yet the team still keeps being ran exactly as it has been before, see this years free agency.

Mike Brown could die tomorrow and a section of fans would still hold him responsible for every move they Bengals do or don't make, lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 07:11 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Ragnow went to lions the pick before us. The LB part is extremely confusing to me. I don’t understand why they don’t seem to either develop or acquire better LBs.

Ragnow went to the Lions before the Bengals because the Bengals traded down. They could have gotten him with their original pick.

-They traded down because they needed a LT.
-They needed a LT because Ogbuehi sucks.
-Ogbuehi sucking was a problem because they let Whitworth walk.
-They let Whitworth walk because they wasted a 1st round pick on a bad injured Ogbuehi instead of addressing actual needs. (And a 2nd round pick on a terrible Fisher.)

Almost like 1 terrible decision can have further reprocussions.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 07:41 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Hindsight being 50/50, yeah they screwed up the 2015 draft big time. But I still think the thought process of taking two young OTs 1 and 2 when both of their guys were getting old was a sound strategy... they just whiffed badly on both guys.

I don’t disagree at all. What’s criminal was seeing OG sans 2016 and still letting Whit walk sans 2017 with OG starting. Like the plan backfired in 2016. Sign Whit or at very least a mid-high level FA to compete. I give them waaaay more slack in seeing OG sucking a$$ and still committing to him.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 08:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ragnow went to the Lions before the Bengals because the Bengals traded down. They could have gotten him with their original pick.

-They traded down because they needed a LT.
-They needed a LT because Ogbuehi sucks.
-Ogbuehi sucking was a problem because they let Whitworth walk.
-They let Whitworth walk because they wasted a 1st round pick on a bad injured Ogbuehi instead of addressing actual needs. (And a 2nd round pick on a terrible Fisher.)

Almost like 1 terrible decision can have further reprocussions.

To be fair, I wouldn’t take a center top 12. I think that deal was a tough reality pill for them to swallow. I think it was a fantastic trade to. But agree with everything else
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Price, to be fair to him had some freak injuries that set him back. I think the book is far from being closed on him, but I do think he was a reach in the draft. Only time will tell with him.The 15 draft was an abomination other than Uzama and Kroft. They brought value for their draft slots. Everyone else was trash and didn't amount to anything. I almost want to predict OG resurrects himself in Jax, but nah...not gonna happen or at least I certainly hope not. Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts to see him make it to the pro bowl this season?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 08:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ragnow went to the Lions before the Bengals because the Bengals traded down. They could have gotten him with their original pick.

That would have been a huge reach.

I don't see Ragnow being any better than Price.
Reply/Quote
Price will be fine. Last season had him missing camp time from the bicep injury at the combine and then he missed six games right in the middle of the season, which basically cancelled out his progress (which was occurring) in learning the pro game and the position. This year he has a full camp and everything (and hopefully an offensive scheme that is sane finally).
Reply/Quote