Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GO CUBS
I hope they win their first World Series in over 100 years. The joker in the deck is the manager Madden. He took over awful Tampa and won, and now has taken over awful Cubs and is 20 games over .500.......GO CUBS......Reds were out of it from April on, but I could root for the Cubs, and in the AL, The Royals back after years in last place and with Cueto. ....But mostly THE CUBS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
In a way I feel sorry for Cub fans, but the city of Chicago has won a bunch of championships while Kansas City has not.

BlackHawks have won 3 or 4 Stanley Cups in the last several years. White Sox won the world series several years ago. The Bulls won 6 championships in the 90's.

So I am all in for Kansas City and "Johnny Beisbol"
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In a way I feel sorry for Cub fans, but the city of Chicago has won a bunch of championships while Kansas City has not.

BlackHawks have won 3 or 4 Stanley Cups in the last several years.  White Sox won the world series several years ago.  The Bulls won 6 championships in the 90's.

You can't feel too bad for people who blindly support that team.  I've never met a Cubs fan who has any angst about the team's losing.  They have pretty good attendance, even when they are horrible.  Wrigley is a really good place to just sit in the sun and drink beer if nothing else.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Well, here it is......Cubs at Pittsburg...1 game.....anybody can win 1 game......Pittsburg won't be able to chant Cueto all game this time......but I look for Pittsburg to be loud and like a Steelers game crowd.  It will have more of a football game feel to it than a baseball game.

Sorry Pirates fans, but for The Blues Brothers, John Candy, Bill Murray and over 100 years of losing, I'm rooting for DA' CUBS

Yes, their was the curse of the goat.....but....the late Ernie Banks, MR Cub, is looking down with Cubs coach Buck O'Neil, John Belushi, John Candy and Harry Carey and that over powers the old goat. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Pfff...**** the Cubs. Yes, far more than the Pirates.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In a way I feel sorry for Cub fans, but the city of Chicago has won a bunch of championships while Kansas City has not.

BlackHawks have won 3 or 4 Stanley Cups in the last several years.  White Sox won the world series several years ago.  The Bulls won 6 championships in the 90's.

The Cubs vs. Royals is the World Series I wanna see. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:56 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Pfff...**** the Cubs. Yes, far more than the Pirates.

Is there anything good that comes out of Pissburgh? Their college team sucks, their pro football team sucks, their hockey team sucks, and their pro baseball team exceptionally sucks!  They all wear the same colors, that they stole from the Iowa Hawkeyes (but that's another story for another time).  How original.  That city stinks, literally.

How can you not root for the Cubbies, especially this year? 
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I've known way too many obnoxious Cub fans to ever root for them, unless they're playing STL.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:40 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Is there anything good that comes out of Pissburgh?

The Ohio River.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:40 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Is there anything good that comes out of Pissburgh? Their college team sucks, their pro football team sucks, their hockey team sucks, and their pro baseball team exceptionally sucks!  They all wear the same colors, that they stole from the Iowa Hawkeyes (but that's another story for another time).  How original.  That city stinks, literally.

How can you not root for the Cubbies, especially this year? 

Because I've been to Cubs games and met their fans.  The only fans in sports that are worse are the St. Louis Cardinals' and the Cleveland Browns'.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
They won in St Louis to go into Wrigley Field with the series tied 1-1.  The win on the road is huge. GO CUBS

I like Madden who turned around the awful Tampa franchise in a division the Reds would not want to be in ( NY Yankees, Boston, Baltimore and Toronto ).  Madden turned last place Cubs into a play-off team his first year. Someone please tell Reds Hal McCoy it is possible ( Hal says it's impossible for Reds to go from last to play-offs in 2016 ). Madden works his teams on fundamentals. He is like Jack McKeon or Sparky Anderson on drilling in the fundamentals of the game, not assuming big money contacts equal great play.  Last night the Cubs laid down back to back run scoring bunts. 2 bunts, 2 RBI's. This is hard work in Spring Training now paying off. When was the last time the Reds laid down back to back run scoring bunts ???? My guess would be a long, long time ago. That is a safe bet considering for years the Reds haven't been able to bunt to save their Rosey Reds.  How can the Reds turn it around people ask. They should start with lots of bunting practice and fielding practice this Spring Training. The blue print for how the Cubs turned it around in one year should be the blue print for the Reds, get back to fundamentals and learn to play some small ball. 

GO CUBS.....I'll admit, winning on away court in NBA or away ice in NHL probably changes play-offs more than MLB, but the away win is still good and can be a play-off changer. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
They had a pretty dominant win over the shit birds in st. louis and again tonight at wrigley. i think they'll knock the cards out tomorrow and advance to the NLCS tomorrow night. i just have been thinking all-year that the movie back to future 2 may have been on to something............
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:11 PM)WildCat Wrote: They had a pretty dominant win over the shit birds in st. louis and again tonight at wrigley. i think they'll knock the cards out tomorrow and advance to the NLCS tomorrow night. i just have been thinking all-year that the movie back to future 2 may have been on to something............

Man, I hope so!  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Reply/Quote
Welcome to the NLCS, Cubbies! 

Kinda hoping the Dodgers pull off game 5 in their series. 

In the AL, I want to see Toronto vs. Kansas City. 

Reply/Quote
I enjoyed watching the Cubs fans watch the Cubs win a play-off in Wrigley Field for the first time ever. I loved that game. ....They still have to get to the World Series and then win that for first time in over 100 years, but Cubbies knocked off Pirates and Cardinals. Cubs went into the play-offs the hottest team in baseball. They are hot at the right time. When you're hot, you're hot, per Jerry Reed.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote