Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GO Titans, BEAT Steelers tonight
I think they can. Titans have a good Defense and Steelers are struggling at quarterback. Pickett struggling anyway got injured Sunday and this is only Thursday, and his back up isn't that great, Travinsky or however you spell it. Since Bengals lost to Titans, it would help if other AFC North teams do also. Look for these Steeler QB's to have major problems with Titans D. So GO TITANS and BEAT STEELERS on Thursday Night Football.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The most predictable thing ever after all the hand wringing by Steelers fans after that offensive debacle vs Jacksonville is a Steelers win tonight. I bet heavy on the Steelers ML.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 10:01 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The most predictable thing ever after all the hand wringing by Steelers fans after that offensive debacle vs Jacksonville is a Steelers win tonight. I bet heavy on the Steelers ML.

It's 13 to 10 in favor of Tennessee at halftime.  Sorry guy, but I'm hoping you bet wrong and Steelers lose.  GO TITANS DEFENSE. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 10:52 PM)kevin Wrote: It's 13 to 10 in favor of Tennessee at halftime.  Sorry guy, but I'm hoping you bet wrong and Steelers lose.  GO TITANS DEFENSE. 

Kevin, trust me, me too!

But this one still has all the makings of a Pitt D TD for the win or something. I’ve seen it before.
Reply/Quote
That isn't the Tennessee team Bengals played. Who the heck is Levis ? That isn't the QB Bengals had to play. Tennessee showed up in their Levis tonight, and not enough points to win. '

Bengals get no help in this game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
They’ll never just die. Once the inevitable nuclear holocaust happens all that will remain is the roaches and the Great Unwashed waiving they’re little towels.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 08:20 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They’ll never just die. Once the inevitable nuclear holocaust happens all that will remain is the roaches and the Great Unwashed waiving they’re little towels.

Their.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 11:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Kevin, trust me, me too!

But this one still has all the makings of a Pitt D TD for the win or something. I’ve seen it before.

I was at the game with my niece. She was frustrated by the way the first three quarters went, but I told her not to worry.

Me: “Kenny Pickett does this thing where he turns into Joe Montana late in the fourth quarter.”

Her: “Who’s Joe Montana?”
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 09:22 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I was at the game with my niece.  She was frustrated by the way the first three quarters went, but I told her not to worry.  

Me: “Kenny Pickett does this thing where he turns into Joe Montana late in the fourth quarter.”

Actually Pickett has sucked up to now.   I hate to hand out credit to a Steeler, but Steelers haven't had a real QB since Big Ben.  However Sunday Pickett was on the ground injured and never returned in the game, and a few days later on Thursday he plays injured but toughs it out for the win.  Now THAT will earn him a lot of respect from his teammates, and help him go from being some dude out of college, to being a field general and leader of his Steeler teammates.  Pickett on the ground injured Sunday and playing injured but winning Thursday is the type of leadership Burrow has done, and the D Players and big O Linemen will gain more respect for Pickett for it. ....Man, I'm choking on saying something nice about a Steeler. 

I grabbed Johnson off free agency in Bengals Board Fantasy. I didn't start him last night, but he is back healthy after injuries. Next week my Ty Hill is on bye week, so Johnson slides into his spot for me. When healthy, Johnson is one of the best, and scored the game winning TD for Steelers. Number 18 has looked good since back from injuries. He may help my Fantasy Team greatly second half of season. I have Hill, Higgins, Johnson and Bills Davis for pretty good WR depth.

Steelers could be a lot tougher with Johnson back and Pickett finally doing things to be not just a QB, but a team leader and field general. Harris got back to running the ball tough last night also. The Steelers O Line must have been doing something. because the Titans D has been knocking down QBs and RB's, but last night no Titans sacks and Steelers could run the ball, so Steelers were blocking a tough Titans defense. Plus Steelers have that kicker who never misses, and strangely is in free agency in Bengals Fantasy League to be grabbed, and teams with injured kickers. I mention the kicker because he has been a Bengals killer in games over the years, the dude never misses. He's been with Steelers for many years now, but still one of better kickers in the game because, that's right, the dude never misses.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 09:22 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I was at the game with my niece.  She was frustrated by the way the first three quarters went, but I told her not to worry.  

It is frustrating. 

However, I can't get how Ben played in his only season with Canada out of my head. 

Just take a peek at the split stats and notice how both QBs played badly in Qs 1-3, then turned into Montana in the 4th. They nearly mirror each other.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/4240703/kenny-pickett

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/5536/ben-roethlisberger

This is why I cannot and will not write of KP until I see him for a season with a different O coordinator.

This does not absolve KP of all of his shortcomings, he needs to play better, but you've got to give him a shot with someone else. 
Reply/Quote

It takes him 3+ quarters to get his touch dialed in to where he isn't under or overthrowing wide open receivers? 

Seriously, from my point of view, the Steelers should have been firmly in control of that game from the onset.  The Titan's first drive was pretty much a gift from the officials, and Pickett missing open receivers killing drives kept the Titans around for as long as they could hang.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 09:19 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Their.

Dam it.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 01:21 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Dam it.

Damn
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 02:26 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Damn

[Image: the-rock-eye-roll.gif]
Reply/Quote