Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Debate Numero Uno
[Image: IQ4OAqy.png]

So 16 official candidates and only the top 10 in the polls specified by FOX will debate.

Definite: Trump, Bush, Walker, Carson, Paul, Huckabee, Cruz, and Rubio

Most likely: Christie, Perry

Maybe: Jindal, Kasich, Santorum

LOL nope: Carly, Graham, Pataki

Who are you most excited to see?

Who do you hope makes the bubble and gets in?

Who needs this the most?

Who are you least excited about?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I want to hear from Bush, Walker, Paul, and Rubio. I see them as the true contenders in this race, so I want to see how they distinguish themselves.

On the bubble, I want to see Jindal get in. I used to think he was an interesting politician, before he went super religious right. He's a Southern Catholic good ol' boy sounding son of Indian immigrants who was a Rhodes scholar. What an enigma.

I think a lot need this first debate for different reasons. Bush needs to show what the true front runner should look like. This is not the same freak show from 2012 where Romney was the obvious choice. There are a number of options here. Rubio, Cruz, and Paul need to show they have something to offer as young newcomers. Rubio will use immigration. Paul needs to use his background as a doctor. Cruz needs to do something. Carson needs to remind people that he's the outsider option. That's Trump right now. I haven't heard anything about Carson in weeks.

I don't think Walker needs anything other than not look bad. He's in a good spot and doesn't have Bush's pressure/expectations.

Least excited about: Trump. He's a clown. Cruz. He almost seems like he wants to just be Trump's VP now. He's clown jr. Carson. He's a great doctor, but has no business being on that stage. Christie. He's so 2012.

Proof there is no election, just selection.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Most excited- Ben Carson. Curious to see how he will stack up against the politicians on the issues.

Bubble Hopeful- Bobby Jindal. Dude is absolutely brilliant with a lot of executive experience. He will score a lot of points if he gets in. He also gets my vote for needs the most

Least excited- Mike Huckabee. Been there, done that.

To be honest I am looking forward to these debates and I must admit that the Jerry Springer fan in me looks forward to Trump and would love to see a Clinton- Carly debate.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I'd like to see Kasich and Jindal get in.

I think it's especially important for Jindal, as he's a possible VP choice.
I'd like to see Rand Paul re-establish himself.
Haha - "people are most excited to see Trump debate". That's because all the comedy shows are in summer re-runs...

Sad part is, just watch how many people judge the "winner" of the debate on who's the biggest bully, rather than actual content and merit.
(07-27-2015, 09:41 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Proof there is no election, just selection.

Political parties can set their own rules. They're just groups of likeminded citizens who put forth candidates. 

(07-27-2015, 10:06 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Haha - "people are most excited to see Trump debate".  That's because all the comedy shows are in summer re-runs...

Sad part is, just watch how many people judge the "winner" of the debate on who's the biggest bully, rather than actual content and merit.

I disagree with this completely, Folks are smarter than we give them credit for. I think if there was a Who needs it least category the choice would be Trump. 

I'll shamefully admit that I'm most excited to see Trump (try to) debate. The guy is a ticking time bomb, and sooner or later the guy is going to end up looking like the asshat that he is. What better stage than a nationally televised debate?

Other than hoping for that, I couldn't care less about the debates right now. They really need to thin the herd a bit before really caring about the GOP nominees.
Looking forward to Rand, Cruz, Walker

Meh .. Rubio, Carson, Kaisich, Jindal

Sigh ... Carly, perry

progressives .. Bush, christie, trump, graham, huckabee

Who cares: the rest
(07-27-2015, 10:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'd like to see Rand Paul re-establish himself.

Trump coverage has really overshadowed his tax plan. Which is a pretty good plan.
I'm most excited to see Carson and Walker. I want to see how Carson handles himself in this type of forum, and I love some of the things Walker has done in Wisconsin and want to see how he would translate that to the rest of the country.

Least excited about Bush, Christie and Trump.
I enjoy watching Huckabee, in these.
He has the ability to knock people down a few pegs, in the nicest way.
I really want to see he and Trump go at each other.
Big Grin
(07-27-2015, 09:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I want to hear from Bush, Walker, Paul, and Rubio. I see them as the true contenders in this race, so I want to see how they distinguish themselves.

On the bubble, I want to see Jindal get in. I used to think he was an interesting politician, before he went super religious right. He's a Southern Catholic  good ol' boy sounding son of Indian immigrants who was a Rhodes scholar. What an enigma.

I think a lot need this first debate for different reasons. Bush needs to show what the true front runner should look like. This is not the same freak show from 2012 where Romney was the obvious choice. There are a number of options here. Rubio, Cruz, and Paul need to show they have something to offer as young newcomers. Rubio will use immigration. Paul needs to use his background as a doctor. Cruz needs to do something. Carson needs to remind people that he's the outsider option. That's Trump right now. I haven't heard anything about Carson in weeks.

I don't think Walker needs anything other than not look bad. He's in a good spot and doesn't have Bush's pressure/expectations.

Least excited about: Trump. He's a clown. Cruz. He almost seems like he wants to just be Trump's VP now. He's clown jr. Carson. He's a great doctor, but has no business being on that stage. Christie. He's so 2012.

Prediction:  No matter who does well in the debates or who the people want, Bush will be the nominee.   I'm supporting Carson. "Political experience" just means corruption these days. He's a brilliant guy. He can do this job. It will never happen though. I'll never vote for Bush, but that's who we are getting.
(07-27-2015, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I disagree with this completely, Folks are smarter than we give them credit for.

Trump has claimed that he can make the Mexican government pay us $25 per illegal immigrant and he is currently leading in the polls.

The general public is more fascinated with tough talk and BS than they are actual facts.
(07-28-2015, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trump has claimed that he can make the Mexican government pay us $25 per illegal immigrant and he is currently leading in the polls.

The general public is more fascinated with tough talk and BS than they are actual facts.

$25 seems like a pretty good deal

(07-27-2015, 09:35 PM)WMBmorePat87 Wrote: I want to hear from Bush, Walker, Paul, and Rubio. I see them as the true contenders in this race, so I want to see how they distinguish themselves.

On the bubble, I want to see Jindal get in. I used to think he was an interesting politician, before he went super religious right. He's a Southern Catholic  good ol' boy sounding son of Indian immigrants who was a Rhodes scholar. What an enigma.

(07-27-2015, 10:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Political parties can set their own rules. They're just groups of likeminded citizens who put forth candidates. 

Looks like you're not the only one that want to hear from these clowns either. 

Quote:Four leading GOP presidential candidates – Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Scott Walker – are traveling to a Southern California luxury hotel in coming days to make their cases directly to the Koch brothers and hundreds of other wealthy conservatives planning to 
Quote:spend close to $1 billion in the run-up to the 2016 election.

link to the stink
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(07-27-2015, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I disagree with this completely, Folks are smarter than we give them credit for. I think if there was a Who needs it least category the choice would be Trump. 

At least half of them are not (remember that Carlin quote?)....I was actually thinking about the VP debate in 2012, where Biden scored well (at least among liberals) for his clown act where he constantly interrupted and tried to bully Paul.  

Even talking heads will sometimes analyze debates in the context of "jabbing and punching", as if it should be judged like a street fight rather than on the content of the arguments.
(07-28-2015, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trump has claimed that he can make the Mexican government pay us $25 per illegal immigrant and he is currently leading in the polls.

Like closing Gitmo, pulling out of Iraq & Afghanistan immediately, and oh..... transparency.
Yep, appears like we like that tough talk.
I mean.... yeah.... we can go back to the tough talk of Bush Sr. with Read My Lips, No New Taxes...
All these turkeys are the same puppet, we might as well get a little song and dance.
ThumbsUp