Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Debate Tonight
(10-29-2015, 10:37 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Or when the moderator had to apologize and correct himself on Rubio's tax plan after giving Rubio a hard "No." when Rubio said he was wrong

Rubio crushed it. As of now he has my vote. Too bad he doesn't have enough support to win the primaries. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(10-29-2015, 11:02 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Rubio crushed it. As of now he has my vote. Too bad he doesn't have enough support to win the primaries. 

I think he'll gain large amounts of steam as people drop out. 
BBC's take on it: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34664275?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook
I think Bush is done and the GOP field will narrow down to four within the next few weeks to Carson, Trump, Rubio and Cruz. The others will bow out as their numbers in the polls stay stagnant although Fiorina and Kasich may just stay in it for whatever reason.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Bush is definitely done.  Seeing him explain things using his hands and gestures isn't catching on.  He is proof that the big money doners made a hand picked mistake.

I thought there were a lot of winners last night.  A big loser was CNBC, although  Joe Kernan and Jim Cramer showed well their allotted slots.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Cruz and Rubio will be the ones at the end.

The progressives will start backing Rubio as Christie, bush and others drop out.
FactCheck.org's list from last night: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/factchecking-the-cnbc-debates/ar-BBmz5qH?li=AAa0dzB
I think this is the start of the end of Trump. Rubio should start to rise more with Bush dropping off.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-29-2015, 09:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think this is the start of the end of Trump. Rubio should start to rise more with Bush dropping off.

You would think Trump could handle the pressure of falling poll numbers but he's becoming unhinged. The man was never and will never be presidential material and thank God for that.
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(10-29-2015, 09:36 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: You would think Trump could handle the pressure of falling poll numbers but he's becoming unhinged. The man was never and will never be presidential material and thank God for that.

It's hard to campaign based on how great you are when the polls say otherwise.

On the other hand, we may see Trump move to Phase 2 of his campaign.  Phase 1, which is just about complete, was to knock-off the biggest threats, namely the governors.  At least, that's one possibility (setting aside he's just a shameless self-promoter who never expected to go this far).

I would have thought Paul, Walker, Kasich and even Bush and Christie would destroy Trump...but they are all pretty much done.  Paul is a guy who I expected to do much better, but he simply hasn't gotten the air time in a crowded field.

I have reservations about Fiorina, but I'd be willing to give her a shot.  I despise Cruz.  Trump and Carson would be a disaster.  I like Rubio, but after Obama no thanks to an under-qualified idealist who's never had a real job.
(10-29-2015, 10:11 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's hard to campaign based on how great you are when the polls say otherwise.

On the other hand, we may see Trump move to Phase 2 of his campaign.  Phase 1, which is just about complete, was to knock-off the biggest threats, namely the governors.  At least, that's one possibility (setting aside he's just a shameless self-promoter who never expected to go this far).

I would have thought Paul, Walker, Kasich and even Bush and Christie would destroy Trump...but they are all pretty much done.  Paul is a guy who I expected to do much better, but he simply hasn't gotten the air time in a crowded field.

I have reservations about Fiorina, but I'd be willing to give her a shot.  I despise Cruz.  Trump and Carson would be a disaster.  I like Rubio, but after Obama no thanks to an under-qualified idealist who's never had a real job.

I don't trust Fiorina, there's just something I don't like about her I can't figure out.

Being a Christian, I could back Carson but will Carson separate his Christian Values and do the work nessesary to run the country? That's my biggest knock on him and I don't know if he'll be able too.

Trump needs to stay out of politics. He's a blustering buffoon and he should just leave now...please.

As for Cruz and Rubio, I don't know enough about them and since I can't vote in the Primaries, I'll wait until whoever is nominated to find out about them. I believe it's going to be one of these two so maybe I should start checking them out.

Then again, the GOP could nominate the Buffoon as well...then we're all screwed.
(10-30-2015, 12:33 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Then again, the GOP could nominate the Buffoon as well...then we're all screwed.

Saw where Trump hasn't really spent on money yet.  Easy to brag about "self-financing" your campaign when you're getting a bunch of free coverage from a dumbfounded media.  I have a feeling he's really not going to reach deep into his own wallet, and without spending money he's toast.  And if he starts taking significant donations or gets a Super PAC, he's toast.

Always amazes me to hear people say they support Trump. I think what that really says is how disgusted they are with politics today, and how little they think of the job of POTUS (probably because the last two have been so awful).
(10-30-2015, 12:33 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't trust Fiorina, there's just something I don't like about her I can't figure out.

Being a Christian, I could back Carson but will Carson separate his Christian Values and do the work nessesary to run the country? That's my biggest knock on him and I don't know if he'll be able too.

Trump needs to stay out of politics. He's a blustering buffoon and he should just leave now...please.

As for Cruz and Rubio, I don't know enough about them and since I can't vote in the Primaries, I'll wait until whoever is nominated to find out about them. I believe it's going to be one of these two so maybe I should start checking them out.

Then again, the GOP could nominate the Buffoon as well...then we're all screwed.

I do not trust Fiorina either . She talks a good game but her history isn't consistent with her talk.
(10-29-2015, 09:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think this is the start of the end of Trump. Rubio should start to rise more with Bush dropping off.

ROFL... I think Not.
[Image: d1id.png]
(10-30-2015, 10:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I do not trust Fiorina either .  She talks a good game but her history isn't consistent with her talk.

She's like a smarter, less ****-ish Hillary...but still ***** scary as hell
I still think Kasich would be one of the best bets to win a general election. At some point the Republicans will have to address the fact that the candidate that wins the circle-jerk republican primaries is not the best bet to win the general election.
(10-31-2015, 12:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I still think Kasich would be one of the best bets to win a general election.  At some point the Republicans will have to address the fact that the candidate that wins the circle-jerk republican primaries is not the best bet to win the general election.

They have nominated that type of candidate every cycle since 1988. It's time to change. I would rather see a general election of distinct visions for the country . Not one that just either spends money domestically or spends on military, with some cross over.

Kaisich is getting attention because bush is dropping and the progressive GOP needs someone. Rubio will be their next target.

kaisich view on tax plans where I guess he was trying to slam other plans was comical. He doesn't even take into consideration that the size of government will be dropped if we elect a conservative .
(10-31-2015, 12:48 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: ROFL... I think Not.

Why not? Trump has slumped and he is acting erratic. Rubio was seen by most as being the winner of the debate. Jeb falling only helps him.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-31-2015, 01:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He doesn't even take into consideration that the size of government will be dropped if we elect a conservative .

I'm not holding my breath on this one.
(10-31-2015, 11:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not holding my breath on this one.

That's fair. But maybe we should try one. Certainly electing a progressive hasn't gotten that accomplished.

We need a Calvin Coolidge conservative.