Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Endorsements
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/sarah-palin-endorses-donald-trump-2016-217983?cmpid=sf

Trump got the coveted endorsement of the former governor Palin. Interesting considering the fact that she claims to be conservative. Considering the current definition of conservative within the GOP, Cruz, who she endorsed during his Senate election, seemed like the obvious choice if she wanted to continue to present herself as a conservative.

Her daughter posted this about Cruz:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/bristolpalin/2016/01/is-this-why-people-dont-like-cruz/

She's really mad that a Cruz staffer pointed out the obvious that Palin endorsing Trump would damage her claim to being a true conservative. He cites some of Trumps' policies that go against some of her key policies.

I'm assuming Palin just wants to jump on the Trump hype and sell books.

Hmmm, Bristol's blog post ends with:

Quote:Buy my Mom’s new devotional, Sweet Freedom, in bookstores everywhere!

I guess I might be right.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-19-2016, 07:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/sarah-palin-endorses-donald-trump-2016-217983?cmpid=sf

Trump got the coveted endorsement of the former governor Palin. Interesting considering the fact that she claims to be conservative. Considering the current definition of conservative within the GOP, Cruz, who she endorsed during his Senate election, seemed like the obvious choice if she wanted to continue to present herself as a conservative.

Her daughter posted this about Cruz:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/bristolpalin/2016/01/is-this-why-people-dont-like-cruz/

She's really mad that a Cruz staffer pointed out the obvious that Palin endorsing Trump would damage her claim to being a true conservative. He cites some of Trumps' policies that go against some of her key policies.

I'm assuming Palin just wants to jump on the Trump hype and sell books.

Hmmm, Bristol's blog post ends with:

I guess I might be right.

Seems like that has been her basic MO since '08 or whatever.  What a train wreck.  

I remember the glorious day they announced her as McCain's running mate.  All the GOP backers in my office came over and shook my hand.  One of them went ahead and paid up on our wager right then.   
(01-19-2016, 07:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Seems like that has been her basic MO since '08 or whatever.  What a train wreck.  

I remember the glorious day they announced her as McCain's running mate.  All the GOP backers in my office came over and shook my hand.  One of them went ahead and paid up on our wager right then.   

Oh stop. You, nor did anyone know who Palin even was.
WooHoo!

Let's hope this is Trumps Death Knell.

Before anyone asks, I don't like Trump, I don't trust Trump and I think he will be just as bad for this country as Clinton and Sanders.

Who do I like?
None of the candidates and after the nominations, I will check everyone out but I'm leaning towards Gary Johnson even though he is Socially Liberal.

I will check them all out...eventually.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(01-19-2016, 08:07 PM)Vlad Wrote: Oh stop. You, nor did anyone know who Palin even was.

The only thing the left knows about Palin is they think she's hot and that she said "I can see Russia from my house" even though she never said it, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(01-19-2016, 08:07 PM)Vlad Wrote: Oh stop. You, nor did anyone know who Palin even was.

Don't tell me what I did and didn't know.  She was bandied about as a possible running mate for a few months previous the announcement and was a known moron.

(01-19-2016, 08:56 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The only thing the left knows about Palin is they think she's hot and that she said "I can see Russia from my house" even though she never said it, lol.

Seems like the GOP gave the 'hot' angle a little more weight than it should have.  Please remind me what the specific quality was that made her ideal, outside of gender / age in comparison to McCain...  Betch'a ya wish yer boys taoght'a dat one, now dontch'a. 
Water is wet, sky is blue...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-19-2016, 09:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Don't tell me what I did and didn't know.  She was bandied about as a possible running mate for a few months previous the announcement and was a known moron.

Don't make yourself look like one.

MCCain was still considering the likes of Lieberman, Pawlenty, Romney as late as May of 2008 with no mention of Palin.  In late August the announcement came that Palin would be the VP.

Then the leftist smear campaign machine went into action.
(01-19-2016, 09:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Seems like the GOP gave the 'hot' angle a little more weight than it should have.  Please remind me what the specific quality was that made her ideal, outside of gender / age in comparison to McCain...  Betch'a ya wish yer boys taoght'a dat one, now dontch'a. 

Why do you people always put your foot in your mouths over this one? Again, she was no nonsense mayor of a town and the Governor of Alaska that got shit done.
And again, what made Obama ideal other than being a young clean articulate black man Joe Biden?
(01-19-2016, 10:52 PM)Vlad Wrote: Don't make yourself look like one.

MCCain was still considering the likes of Lieberman, Pawlenty, Romney as late as May of 2008 with no mention of Palin.  In late August the announcement came that Palin would be the VP.

Sorry bud, I had heard hear name several times prior to the announcement.  You were right, the others were present, but she was definitely getting mentioned on political blogs, etc.  Sorry you're palin boner is going through such dysfunction.  

That one came pre-smeared bud.
(01-19-2016, 10:58 PM)Vlad Wrote: Why do you people always put your foot in your mouths over this one? Again, she was no nonsense mayor of a town and the Governor of Alaska that got shit done.
And again, what made Obama ideal other than being a young clean articulate black man Joe Biden?

Don't forget that she was a renegade. She's such a renegade, she didn't even finish her term as governor.

In other white trash lack of family values news, Track Palin, Sarah's son, punched and kicked his girlfriend last night and pretended like he was going to kill himself when she called 911 on him. He also tried to call 911 and tell them she was just drunk. The cops still showed up and arrested him. The gun was not loaded.

http://gawker.com/police-report-track-palin-punched-girlfriend-in-the-fa-1753916371

[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-19-2016, 10:58 PM)Vlad Wrote: Why do you people always put your foot in your mouths over this one? Again, she was no nonsense mayor of a town and the Governor of Alaska that got shit done.

She was a former beauty queen contestant who quit half way through her term because she found out she could make money spouting crap on television. 

And that doesn't even begin to take into account how she says one thing while her family does another or the number of times she's be flat out wrong.
At least the right-wing fervor for Palin has died down. I recall the original narratives being that she was possibly the next Reagan and liberals were "scared" of her magnetic potential, or some pap to that extent.
(01-19-2016, 10:52 PM)Vlad Wrote: Don't make yourself look like one.

I didn't know who she was when they announced her as his running mate, but as soon as they said she could not even speak to the press by herself I knew she was a complete joke.

People tend to forget how close the race was until Palin showed up.  It was still a toss up until she opened her mouth.
(01-19-2016, 10:52 PM)Vlad Wrote: Then the leftist smear campaign machine went into action.

OMG!!  OMG!!!  Do you mean that one party actually said bad things about the candidate for the other party?  

I can see how a man with your level of knowledge about politics would be shocked by this.

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious
BTW this endorsement will not make m uch difference. The same rubes that fell for Palin's act are already frothing over Trump's plan to "Make America Great Again!!"
(01-19-2016, 10:52 PM)Vlad Wrote: Then the leftist smear campaign machine went into action.

Is that what forced her to abandon her office?  What a wimp.  How long do you think she would have lasted in the White House?
Probably until the second or third time the police had to called because her family was involved in a domestic or a fight. Mellow
Many of the older white female segment like Palin. It is not a broad ranged endorsement but a certain niche Trump captures.
Quote:"And if you love your freedom, thank a vet. Thank a vet and know that the United States military deserves a commander-in-chief that our country passionately and will never apologize for this country. A new commander-in-chief who will never leave our men behind. A new commander-in-chief, one who will never lie to the families of the fallen."

-Sarah Palin

Surprised she called out the Bush administration for lying to families of the fallen.

Quote:“He’s not a war hero.  He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

-Donald Trump

The Commander in Chief Wannabe thanking a vet.

Quote:Sarah Palin suggested Wednesday that her son's arrest on domestic violence charges this week stemmed from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and - in part - the president's lack of "respect" for veterans.

Addressing what she called "the elephant in the room" during a rally in support of Donald Trump, Palin said her son Track came back "different" from his year-long deployment in Iraq.

"My son, like so many others, they come back a bit different, they come back hardened, they come back wondering if there is that respect for what it is that their fellow soldiers and airmen every other member of the military so sacrificially have given to this country," she said after alluding to the arrest.

"It starts from the top. The question though it comes from our own president, when they have to look at him and wonder, do you know what we go through, do you know what we're trying to do to secure America and to secure the freedoms that have been bequeathed us?" she added. "So when my own son is going through what he goes through, coming back, I can certainly relate with other families who feel these ramifications of some PTSD and some of the woundedness that our soldiers do return with."

Track Palin was in Iraq in 2008.  Obama was inaugurated in 2009. This is what Trump had to say in 2008.

Quote:Donald Trump, who received draft deferments through much of the Vietnam War, told the author of a coming biography that he nevertheless “always felt that I was in the military” because of his education at a military-themed boarding school.

Mr. Trump said his experience at the New York Military Academy, an expensive prep school where his parents had sent him to correct poor behavior, gave him “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military.”

Good to know Donald's military experience allows him to understand what Track Palin went through.

Meanwhile, Mama Grizzly is off getting paid instead of taking care of her cub during his arrest.