Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP establishment doing everything it can to stop Trump and Cruz
(01-07-2016, 11:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Obama does not use executive orders more than any other President.

What everyone fails to note when they cry about executive orders is that Congress can overrule any of them that they want.  But right now Congress is so totally screwed up that they can't pass a law on anything.

What we need to do mis find someway to fix the problem with Congress.  you know what the big new bill coming out of the House is?  A meaningless bill to gut the ACA and defund Planned Parenthood that will be immediately vetoed by the President.  All they care about is political theater instead of working together to pass legislation to address real problems.

We actually agree on something lol   Shocked

The main problem is compromise doesn't exist at all anymore, and really hasn't since the very early W years. Both parties have the "it's my way, or the highway" mentality and nothing will continue to get done. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(01-07-2016, 12:52 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: We actually agree on something lol   Shocked

The main problem is compromise doesn't exist at all anymore, and really hasn't since the very early W years. Both parties have the "it's my way, or the highway" mentality and nothing will continue to get done. 

And on the flipside if one party holds Congress and the White House, history has shown that usually doesnt bode well for the markets/economy. Kinda of a lose-lose situation anymore imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-07-2016, 01:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: And on the flipside if one party holds Congress and the White House, history has shown that usually doesnt bode well for the markets/economy. Kinda of a lose-lose situation anymore imo.

Yup. Look at the Clinton years when the Republicans and good ol' Newt had control over congress. Both parties worked together (generally) and things were pretty great. That doesn't happen anymore. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(01-07-2016, 01:13 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Yup. Look at the Clinton years when the Republicans and good ol' Newt had control over congress. Both parties worked together (generally) and things were pretty great. That doesn't happen anymore. 

They still talked a lot of crap back and forth, but they realized that they had a job to do.

Now we have people trying to shut down the government just to avoid paying debts we have already incurred.
(12-31-2015, 02:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just knowing the establishment (progressives) are against them tells me all I need to know.

All it really tells me is the GOP establishment would like to win the election.  I think Cruz has 0 chance in the general, and Trump even less.
(01-08-2016, 08:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: All it really tells me is the GOP establishment would like to win the election.  I think Cruz has 0 chance in the general, and Trump even less.

People want different than the status quo. There isn't enough candidates on the democrat side to give Sanders a chance. But overall people want different. That's not Hillary or the establishment.
(01-08-2016, 08:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  That's not Hillary or the establishment.

That's who will win.  40% of the country on either side would vote for a blow-up doll if it had a D or R next to its name.  Neither Trump nor Cruz will get enough of the independents to win.  I've talked to many people disgusted with Obama who would still vote for Hillary over Trump.

People with a brain are ***** scared of Trump.  Rightfully so.
(01-07-2016, 01:13 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Yup. Look at the Clinton years when the Republicans and good ol' Newt had control over congress. Both parties worked together (generally) and things were pretty great. That doesn't happen anymore. 

Domestically things seemed just swell, but they seemed more intent on bickering about extra-curricular fellatio than monitoring Osama Bin Laden's ascension.  Hindsight is 20/20, but geez.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-09-2016, 02:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Domestically things seemed just swell, but they seemed more intent on bickering about extra-curricular fellatio than monitoring Osama Bin Laden's ascension.  Hindsight is 20/20, but geez.

Breech of contract (marriage being a legal contract, ya know) is kind of a big thing when someone with the highest profile position in the land commits it, yet is telling everyone else what the laws of the country need to be.

That being said, I'd had done the same if I were chained to HillDog.
(01-09-2016, 07:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Breech of contract (marriage being a legal contract, ya know) is kind of a big thing when someone with the highest profile position in the land commits it, yet is telling everyone else what the laws of the country need to be.

That being said, I'd had done the same if I were chained to HillDog.

Many marriage contracts include the acceptance of outside sexual partners.  They are called "open marriages" and you have no idea what terms the Clintons had on their marriage contract.
(01-10-2016, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Many marriage contracts include the acceptance of outside sexual partners.  They are called "open marriages" and you have no idea what terms the Clintons had on their marriage contract.

Yeah, you're right.
I made an assumption. 
However,  I doubt it's very likely.