Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP tweet: Vet lawmaker who lost legs in Iraq 'not standing up for our veterans'
Quote:The National Republican Senatorial Committee on Tuesday launched a tweet — now deleted — accusing Illinois Democratic Rep. Tammy Duckworth of "not standing up for veterans."

But Duckworth, who is running for Senate, is a combat veteran who lost both of her legs in an attack on her helicopter in Iraq.
[Image: CdDVOO7W8AE4l7R.jpg:large]
Twitter | @jonathanchait
Jonathan Chait on Twitter

The NRSC deleted the tweet within minutes, and spokeswoman Andrea Bozek lashed out at the media for reporting on its existence.

“It would be great if reporters would pay as much attention to a deleted tweet as they should to Tammy Duckworth being sued by VA whistle blowers for ignoring claims of mistreatment and corruption,” she said.

The Duckworth campaign called the tweet "vile" and responded with its own attack on Sen. Mark Kirk, R-Ill. whom she is trying to unseat in November.

"Tasteless and dishonest, just like everything else to do with Mark Kirk’s flailing campaign," spokesman Matt McGrath said. "Tammy has made fighting for Veterans her life’s work, and will continue to do so in the Senate.”

The Illinois Senate contest is one of the more heated races in the country. The nonpartisan Cook Political Report rates it as one one of only five "tossups" nationwide.

Damn media with all its "reporting" on things that "existed".  

Now I can't wait to see all the "They never report on Hillary's crimes!!!!" posts that will come.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2016, 10:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Damn media with all its "reporting" on things that "existed".  

Now I can't wait to see all the "They never report on Hillary's crimes!!!!" posts that will come.

The report slams someone for saying she won't stand up for veterans then turns right around and says she's running for election.
(03-08-2016, 10:41 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The report slams someone for saying she won't stand up for veterans then turns right around and says she's running for election.

lol

Yea, this is a non-story. They realized the poor choice of words and took the tweet down but kept their message the same. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Not nearly as bad as when Biden did it to Chuck Graham...
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-08-2016, 10:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol

Yea, this is a non-story. They realized the poor choice of words and took the tweet down but kept their message the same. 

I still get a kick out of anyone saying "Yeah I did that, but you weren't suppose to see it!  And you can't sy anything about it!"

Leaving the tweet up would have made more sense to me.  Then they could go on about how sensitive and PC everyone is over a commonly used phrase.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-09-2016, 02:15 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Not nearly as bad as when Biden did it to Chuck Graham...

Who was a paraplegic since the age of 16..  "Stand up Chuck, let them see you".  Bidens such a buffoon. Too bad he cant delete what he says.
(03-08-2016, 10:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Damn media with all its "reporting" on things that "existed".  

[Image: 687474703a2f2f7777772e6d6961746174757262...3030353334]