Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP up to 6% point lead in latest generic poll
http://polling.reuters.com/#!response/TM1212Y17/type/week/filters/PD1:1/dates/20170601-20180523/collapsed/true

I can’t quote this but it gives a running tally on this poll for the last year.

If I were a democrat I would be furious with how they have handled everything since losing to Trump. Honestly how can they be losing by this much especially when they were ahead by double digits for the longer time. The GOP will keep the senate and probably pick up seats. The house should be lost but if the gop somehow pulls this out the dems should be run out of town.
I think life is short and people like to be entertained. To see the left over-react to EVERYTHING Trump does is entertaining. Couple that with the fact the world has not yet stopped spinning under the Trump Administration and more folks are happy with the status quo. I know I am.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Give people tax breaks and they will forgive everything else.

But this "generic" poll is meaningless. You have to break it down district by district.
(05-22-2018, 04:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think life is short and people like to be entertained. To see the left over-react to EVERYTHING Trump does is entertaining. Couple that with the fact the world has not yet stopped spinning under the Trump Administration and more folks are happy with the status quo. I know I am.

Serious question but did you find 8 years of the right wing going ape over Obama to be entertaining, too?  
You guys may want to check history on the outcomes of midterm elections for the party of the sitting President.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(05-22-2018, 04:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Serious question but did you find 8 years of the right wing going ape over Obama to be entertaining, too?  

Too busy searching for conspiracy theories about Obama that make him out to have done the things they now turn a blind eye to Trump for doing is my guess. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(05-22-2018, 05:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Too busy searching for conspiracy theories about Obama that make him out to have done the things they now turn a blind eye to Trump for doing is my guess. 

I haven't voted for either major party since I was a semi idealistic grad student . My sides have been absolutely splitting for the past decade watching the absolute vitriol coursing through the veins of our population. 

I about ***** myself laughing when the right wing goes after Jimmy Carter.  If Trump wins in 2020 my rectum will prolapse form laughing.  Actually if he loses I'm sure the right will 100 percent hate the democrats who does win . 

I foresee a lifetime of political yucks, I tells ya. Its a great time to be alive.
(05-22-2018, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Give people tax breaks and they will forgive everything else.

But this "generic" poll is meaningless.  You have to break it down district by district.

What's to forgive?  I can't think of anything he's done officially that is harmful to the Nation.  Or, are you just going on about his personality?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
This hasn't been updated as of today, but it's a good meta analysis of these generic ballot polls: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-generic-ballot-polls/?ex_cid=rrpromo
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Looks like back in December, the Democrat Party had about a 15 point lead. What's happened? It just seems to have evaporated.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-22-2018, 05:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's to forgive?  I can't think of anything he's done officially that is harmful to the Nation.  Or, are you just going on about his personality?

Like so many Americans I see that you no longer care about the national debt. but here are a few more moves that will have negative effects on us.

His efforts to cut off health insurance for children (CHIP) were stymied, but not before putting some states so short of funds that they had to close enrollment.  Millions of families were threatened with loss of coverage for their children/

Appointing Scott Pruit as head of the EPA will lead to poison air and water.

Backing out of the Iran deal opens the door for Iran to develop nuclear weapons, and coupled with moving the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem it is lighting fuses in the middle east.  But that goes right along with the biggest increase in military spending since we started the Iraq War.

His public acceptance of white supremacists has emboldened them to the point that they don't worry about having to wear hoods in public.

He is empowering al-Qaida in Syria. By forging a de facto alliance with Russia and Iran to defeat the Islamic State, Trump is driving Sunni Arabs into the waiting arms of al-Qaida — which is preparing to replace the Islamic State and is much more dangerous.
(05-22-2018, 05:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like back in December, the Democrat Party had about a 15 point lead.  What's happened?  It just seems to have evaporated.

Tax plan passed in December.

Then people were told that Trump had brought peace to the Korean Peninsula.
(05-22-2018, 06:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tax plan passed in December.

Then people were told that Trump had brought peace to the Korean Peninsula.

I guess it surely couldn't be that Americans are pleased with the direction things are turning for the Nation?  Nah, couldn't be that.  

Besides, how would Americans even know that Trump was in the process of bringing peace to the Korean Peninsula?  The traditional media outlets present a 91% negative version of anything Trump related.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-22-2018, 06:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess it surely couldn't be that Americans are pleased with the direction things are turning for the Nation?  Nah, couldn't be that.  

Besides, how would Americans even know that Trump was in the process of bringing peace to the Korean Peninsula?  The traditional media outlets present a 91% negative version of anything Trump related.  

People are pleased to get a little more money in their pockets because no one cares about the national debt anymore.

How is the #1 ranked news network not  a "traditional media outlet"?  And if you ever pulled your head out of that echo chamber you would have heard many people on CNN, ABC, NBC, and CBS giving credit to Trump for backing off on the rhetoric and setting up a meeting with Kim.
(05-22-2018, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People are pleased to get a little more money in their pockets because no one cares about the national debt anymore.

How is the #1 ranked news network not  a "traditional media outlet"?  And if you ever pulled your head out of that echo chamber you would have heard many people on CNN, ABC, NBC, and CBS giving credit to Trump for backing off on the rhetoric and setting up a meeting with Kim.

Are you talking about Fox News?  Their not the #1 news network, they are the highest rated cable news network.  A bit of a difference, but I'm sure you already knew that when you wrote your response.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-22-2018, 04:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Serious question but did you find 8 years of the right wing going ape over Obama to be entertaining, too?  

Of course I found the birthers entertaining. But I do not find there to be a correlation as to the level. For instance how many Obama impeachment countdowns did you know about? 

(05-22-2018, 06:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you talking about Fox News?  Their not the #1 news network, they are the highest rated cable news network.  A bit of a difference, but I'm sure you already knew that when you wrote your response.

No.  I did not know that.  I assumed that the #1 cable news network was the same as the #1 news network.

So what news network has more viewers than Fox?
(05-22-2018, 05:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's to forgive?  I can't think of anything he's done officially that is harmful to the Nation.  Or, are you just going on about his personality?

Obviously we must forgive him for winning the election. As I said; folks are entertaining. 

(05-22-2018, 07:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course I found the birthers entertaining. But I do not find there to be a correlation as to the level. For instance how many Obama impeachment countdowns did you know about? 

How many Trump impeachment countdowns have there been?

The rights hatred of Obama was just as bad as the lefts hatred of Trump.
(05-22-2018, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How many Trump impeachment countdowns have there been?

The rights hatred of Obama was just as bad as the lefts hatred of Trump.

Starting about his 2nd day in office. That Congresswoman that said Russia invaded Korea started the impeachment talk and it hasn't stopped yet. I think there are about 2-3 impeachment threads in this very forum; one started before he even took office.

No doubt there were those on the extreme right that hated Obama just as there are folks on the left that hate Trump. Happy to say I'm not in either population. How about you? Believe it or not there are folks that try to rationalize their extreme hatred by stating "well they hated too". As I said it is entertaining.