Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GREAT Use of Eifert Today
Way to go, guys. Freakin losers...
Reply/Quote
Probably because Pitt's coverage dictated they shouldnt use Eifert as much. Or at least that was their excuse in an earlier loss this year when he was hardly used. Just like the Patriots always going away from Gronk due to coverage schemes and not figuring out ways to get him the ball. *sarcasm*
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Was it Eifert who was being thrown at during the int. where Bodine was run blocking.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:19 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Was it Eifert who was being thrown at during the int. where Bodine was run blocking.

Nope. Pretty sure Andy was throwing at that defender
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:19 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Was it Eifert who was being thrown at during the int. where Bodine was run blocking.

Boyd was running a crossing route behind the play. Dalton just under threw it by about 7 yards.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Chimpzampese is clueless.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Way to go, guys. Freakin losers...

20 points in the first half; barely 20 yards in the second half. 

The Marv way.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bodine run blocking on a pass play. One if the dumbest plays I've ever seen. Ever
Reply/Quote
They appeared to use Eifert to pass block like a 5th lineman.

As someone who started Eifert in his fantasy playoff game today...I'm not a happy camper.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:05 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Boyd was running a crossing route behind the play. Dalton just under threw it by about 7 yards.

Dalton threw it at Bodine because he didn't think his OL would run downfield to block on a passing play. Dalton doesn't read jersey numbers before throwing. Bengals helmet? Throw.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I did see a Steelers player make an illegal hit on Eiffert after one catch. He lowered helmet to drive it into Eifferts head. Maybe Tyler wasn't up to making anymore catches after that, although that was already the 3rd quarter I think.

Reply/Quote
Shocked 
(12-18-2016, 08:27 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I did see a Steelers player make an illegal hit on Eiffert after one catch. He lowered helmet to drive it into Eifferts head. Maybe Tyler wasn't up to making anymore catches after that, although that was already the 3rd quarter I think.

I remember that. Juxtaposing that play with what Pat Sims got a flag for is pretty baffling in hindsight.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:41 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I remember that. Juxtaposing that play with what Pat Sims got a flag for is pretty baffling in hindsight.

No doubt the NFL favors certain teams with penalty calls.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They appeared to use Eifert to pass block like a 5th lineman.

As someone who started Eifert in his fantasy playoff game today...I'm not a happy camper.

Same here.  Big. Fat. Goose egg.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Question about Eifert. Does it make sense to have him pass blocking on 3rd down & 8? They had him in the backfield on a particular 3rd down & 8 and he totally whiffed on his block. I was thinking they were doing the Steelers a huge favor by keeping him in the backfield on 3rd and fairly long. I have seen him lined up like that numerous times and he isn't the best blocker but he does the job sometimes. I just think he should be running a route in that situation. That is what he does best is catch passes. I guess he has to block sometimes but I want him doing what he is best at especially on 3rd down. Would the Patriots put Gronk in the backfield to pass block on 3rd & 8?
Reply/Quote
Zampese is about as lame as you can get. We get down to the goal line and it's first down...keep in mind we got down there by a good dose of successful runs, so 1st down we run and nothing, 2nd down we line up and run and Hill is tackled in the backfield by a safety and linebacker. I mean seriously at that point a play action would have been wide open. 3rd down we throw an incomplete pass to the RB at the line of scrimmage. It just baffles me that a guy like this coaches at the highest level yet he can't ever seem to give our offense any sort of advantage with his play calling. The offense was pathetic in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton threw it at Bodine because he didn't think his OL would run downfield to block on a passing play. Dalton doesn't read jersey numbers before throwing. Bengals helmet? Throw.

Bodine is turned around looking at Dalton on every pass play. Dalton should know by now not to throw to him.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:03 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Question about Eifert. Does it make sense to have him pass blocking on 3rd down & 8? They had him in the backfield on a particular 3rd down & 8 and he totally whiffed on his block. I was thinking they were doing the Steelers a huge favor by keeping him in the backfield on 3rd and fairly long. I have seen him lined up like the numerous times and he isn't the best blocker but he does the job sometimes. I just think he should be running a route in that situation. That is what he does best is catch passes. I guess he has to nock sometimes but I want him doing what he is best at especially on 3rd down. Would the Patriots put Gronk in the backfield to pass block on 3rd & 8?
Come on man. Using your best players to their strengths? What kind of crazy idea is that? I wish somebody would have planted that seed in marvins pea brain.
Reply/Quote
As a team, the Bengals lacked talent at TE position for ages...

Now, I believe they have three TEs (four, if you count Hewitt) that would be doing very well on any other team, but it is like the Bengals have no clue what to do with them?

FWIW, I really would have liked to see Hue coach this team with the talent they have at TE.
Reply/Quote