Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GREEN, WILIAMS, ROSS, ALEXANDER
These 4 Bengals are the highest paid Bengals now Unrestricted Free Agents, no more contracts. They are all above 4 Mil per SPOTRAC. Combined The Bengals could free up 31 Million Bucks to rebuild this awful team. There is an old sports saying, " If we can lose with you, we can lose without you ". I agree with that saying, If the Bengals would dump these 4 players above the 4 Million Salary Mark, that is a quick 31 Million. I see other players over 2 Mil they could let go Free Agent. Bengals could free up 40 to 50 Million for new players in REBUILD NEW DEY. There really isn't many of these last place Bengals that makes you die to keep them and give them a pay raise. Plus, I think Bengals have let their contracts run out for a reason. I won't post the complete list of Free Agents, but it is none too impressive, as expected of Last Place. It is called ADDING BY SUBTRACTION, a saying Bengals have used often. The idea being there are players from other teams better than our last place slugs.

I could see no more Green-WR, Williams-DB, Ross-WR, Alexander-DB and free up 31 Million. I would like to see them keep the #5 paid Free Agent Huber, he is a good punter. Until Bengals start moving the chains, they need the punter.

TV announcers have mentioned due to Covid season, salary caps may be going down, not up. This might mean better teams may have to dump better players than what Bengals have. Again dumping payroll could work out great on getting some better players on this team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Alexander should be resigned.... Williams to a lesser contract
Reply/Quote
Aren’t those players contracts up this year anyway? I feel like that’s already factored into the cap space already.

I’d sign Alexander and Lawson. Those would be my top 2.
Reply/Quote
Where is Ross heading? Did anyone sign him yet?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 10:31 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Where is Ross heading? Did anyone sign him yet?

CFL
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 06:21 AM)kevin Wrote: These 4 Bengals are the highest paid Bengals now Unrestricted Free Agents, no more contracts. They are all above 4 Mil per SPOTRAC.  Combined The Bengals could free up 31 Million Bucks to rebuild this awful team.  There is an old sports saying, " If we can lose with you, we can lose without you ".   I agree with that saying,  If the Bengals would dump these 4 players above the 4 Million Salary Mark,  that is a quick 31 Million.  I see other players over 2 Mil they could let go Free Agent.  Bengals could free up 40 to 50 Million for new players in REBUILD NEW DEY.   There really isn't many of these last place Bengals that makes you die to keep them and give them a pay raise.  Plus, I think Bengals have let their contracts run out for a reason.  I won't post the complete list of Free Agents, but it is none too impressive, as expected of Last Place.  It is called ADDING BY SUBTRACTION, a saying Bengals have used often. The idea being there are players from other teams better than our last place slugs.

I could see no more Green-WR, Williams-DB, Ross-WR, Alexander-DB and free up 31 Million.  I would like to see them keep the #5 paid Free Agent Huber, he is a good punter. Until Bengals start moving the chains, they need the punter.

TV announcers have mentioned due to Covid season, salary caps may be going down, not up.  This might mean better teams may have to dump better players than what Bengals have.  Again dumping payroll could work out great on getting some better players on this team.

Here is the biggest problem IMO.....Tre Waynes is going to get 16 million when his market value sat around 7-8 million. Do not understand it and never will.
"Even Jesus hates the Steelers." - Jesus
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 10:31 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Where is Ross heading? Did anyone sign him yet?

IR

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is a good slot corner FA group, not a bad draft for slot corner either. I think they will let Alexander see what deals are out there and if the number is right will consider bringing him back but I doubt they pay him before he hits FA.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 06:21 AM)kevin Wrote: These 4 Bengals are the highest paid Bengals now Unrestricted Free Agents, no more contracts. They are all above 4 Mil per SPOTRAC.  Combined The Bengals could free up 31 Million Bucks to rebuild this awful team.  There is an old sports saying, " If we can lose with you, we can lose without you ".   I agree with that saying,  If the Bengals would dump these 4 players above the 4 Million Salary Mark,  that is a quick 31 Million.  I see other players over 2 Mil they could let go Free Agent.  Bengals could free up 40 to 50 Million for new players in REBUILD NEW DEY.   There really isn't many of these last place Bengals that makes you die to keep them and give them a pay raise.  Plus, I think Bengals have let their contracts run out for a reason.  I won't post the complete list of Free Agents, but it is none too impressive, as expected of Last Place.  It is called ADDING BY SUBTRACTION, a saying Bengals have used often. The idea being there are players from other teams better than our last place slugs.

I could see no more Green-WR, Williams-DB, Ross-WR, Alexander-DB and free up 31 Million.  I would like to see them keep the #5 paid Free Agent Huber, he is a good punter. Until Bengals start moving the chains, they need the punter.

TV announcers have mentioned due to Covid season, salary caps may be going down, not up.  This might mean better teams may have to dump better players than what Bengals have.  Again dumping payroll could work out great on getting some better players on this team.

The cap space is only ~$35 mill right now for 2021, which includes $10.7 mill rollover and does not have contracts for the guys you listed since they are FAs.

So the Bengals have (far) less than you think they do. The league cap for 2021 is not yet set, but the agreed-upon minimum league cap will be $175 mill. It could be higher than that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Home Depot
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 10:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: CFL

Pretty sure you have to actually catch the ball in the CFL. Then again, they have those 20-yard deep endzones and he can only catch when he's in the endzone...hmm....
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Alexander should be resigned....   Williams to a lesser contract

I agree.......  who do they think will play corner for us?!

More than that, I was impressed with Alexander's play.  He looks to have good instincts and can make plays, more than just being an average corner that gets the job done.  In a passing league, we need that and we need guys that can make big plays.

Only problems with Williams is a team will probably give him a reasonable offer and who's going to stay here with a decent offer on the table to go somewhere else?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Home Depot

Anywhere to a team who needs a speedy WR3 who has a QB with a bigger arm.
So maybe BUF (Brown will be a FA), KC (Hill backup?), DET (they could lose Golladay, Jones, and/or Sanu), or LAC (deep threat with Allen and Williams).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 05:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree.......  who do they think will play corner for us?!

More than that, I was impressed with Alexander's play.  He looks to have good instincts and can make plays, more than just being an average corner that gets the job done.  In a passing league, we need that and we need guys that can make big plays.

Only problems with Williams is a team will probably give him a reasonable offer and who's going to stay here with a decent offer on the table to go somewhere else?

he also did the important tackling thing.... Nothing i love more than a defensive player that can tackle lol
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 06:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Anywhere to a team who needs a speedy WR3 who has a QB with a bigger arm.
So maybe BUF (Brown will be a FA), 

Ross will not be able to handle the rockets that Josh Allen throws
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 06:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ross will not be able to handle the rockets that Josh Allen throws

The straight-line throws, yes, but that's not typically the kind of throw to a deep threat.
A deep threat is catching arched passes way downfield.
Ross can catch those if someone can hit him in stride and gets enough separation.
If he has to come back to the ball and/or get in contact with a defender, it's difficult.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 06:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he also did the important tackling thing.... Nothing i love more than a defensive player that can tackle lol

I mentioned that in an earlier thread this season!  That might be what impressed me most about him!  He was 7th on the team in total tackles!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 06:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The straight-line throws, yes, but that's not typically the kind of throw to a deep threat.
A deep threat is catching arched passes way downfield.
Ross can catch those if someone can hit him in stride and gets enough separation.
If he has to come back to the ball and/or get in contact with a defender, it's difficult.

......assuming Ross even runs the right route in the first place, or doesn't give up on the route part way through.

(Also, Ross can't get separation. That's one of his 10 problems as a WR.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Waiter at Sonic.

Sent from my WP8 Pro using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

I am with this 100%, except for Alexander.  He was a very solid slot CB out there and that is a much tougher position than most give it credit for.  Phillips could play slot, but if we lose WJIII (quite likely, unfortunately) then they will be back to square one in the secondary and be likely facing guys like Sims out there (not him specifically, but guys like him that are huge holes in the defense). 

CB is too important a position given this team's struggles rushing the passer.  I am also willing to part with Geno's $10 million and Bobby Hart's 7 Million as cuts to improve the quality of the talent on the team. 

I feel really bad saying that about Geno, but if you look at his $10 million as going a long way to signing a guy like Thuney, then there is no way I keep him.  His play was declining before the injury.  
Reply/Quote