Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GW alarmists ask Obama to prosecute skeptics
No crime has been committed. This nonsense makes you question how smart these "scientists" really are.

Scientists from several universities and research centers even asked Obama to use the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) to prosecute groups that “have knowingly deceived the American people about the risks of climate change, as a means to forestall America’s response to climate change.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/17/scientists-ask-obama-to-prosecute-global-warming-skeptics/#ixzz3m6i5gZfj

In related news...poor countries already want U.S. to pay reparations for climate change.

Hold your starving horses poor countries, we're not there yet, too early...one small step at a time and you will eventually become the benefactors of the global redistribution of wealth . It's not called "progressive" for no reason.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/09/12/kostigen-climate-change-reparations/72014440/
Wow. " Don't question my science." Is that how science goes?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-21-2015, 11:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Wow. " Don't question my science." Is that how science goes?

I don't agree with their position on prosecuting these folks, but their position is that the climate scientists that are denying climate change are being influenced by organizations that stand to benefit from their dismissal of the claims and that this corruption is harmful to the American public.

It's petty and political that these scientists are doing this, especially considering some of the same evidence they could use to show bias and corruption by the deniers could potentially be used for some of those advocating climate change is happening and man has a hand in it. But I noticed that the largest group and the first ones that came up with this (I'm guessing) are from George Mason, so I'm not surprised. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-21-2015, 12:34 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: ...prosecute groups that “have knowingly deceived the American people about the risks of climate change, as a means to forestall America’s response to climate change.”

Saul Alinsky would be proud - silence and dismiss opposition by pretending their arguments should be answered with jail time (instead of, you know, science).