Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gabe Jackson
Raiders have release G Gabe Jackson. He was PFF's 39th guard last season but was 13 in 2018. He allowed no sacks last year He's 29 years old. Could add some quality depth

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 05:09 PM)pally Wrote: Raiders have release G Gabe Jackson.  He was PFF's 39th guard last season but was 13 in 2018.  He allowed no sacks last year  He's 29 years old.  Could add some quality depth

they talking about trading trent brown too although not sure we want that contract.

"He started all 16 games at right guard in 2020 — the first time he was able to start the full season since 2016." - On gabe jackson

Seems to have an injury history...  But maybe thats past him
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 05:09 PM)pally Wrote: Raiders have release G Gabe Jackson.  He was PFF's 39th guard last season but was 13 in 2018.  He allowed no sacks last year  He's 29 years old.  Could add some quality depth

I think Jackson fits the mold of what we'd probably do at guard with it more likely the bigger money goes to an RT option.

Mayock also mentioned the "jury is still out" on Trent Brown, who would be an interesting option at RT. 
Reply/Quote
Would like to have Gabe Jackson in here. Same with Trent Brown if it was possible. Gio trade possibly...
Reply/Quote
Everyone thinks it’s thuney or bust, but gabe Jackson was just released. If I could get jackson for 8 million per instead of thuney for 17-18 and that extra money could then be used for moton? Sign me up. Might even have enough after that to get a stud pass rusher too, Then you enter the draft with a world of flexibility.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 05:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Everyone thinks it’s thuney or bust, but gabe Jackson was just released. If I could get jackson for 8 million per instead of thuney for 17-18 and that extra money could then be used for moton? Sign me up. Might even have enough after that to get a stud pass rusher too, Then you enter the draft with a world of flexibility.

There is a thread on Gabe in the Free Agency forum, but yeah, would be all for bringing in Gabe Jackson and Daryl 
Williams/Ricky Wagner/Scherff. Moton is most likely getting tagged last I heard.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they talking about trading trent brown too although not sure we want that contract.

"He started all 16 games at right guard in 2020 — the first time he was able to start the full season since 2016." - On gabe jackson

Seems to have an injury history...  But maybe thats past him

Injury History is a bit overblown he missed 9 games in 3 seasons from 2017-2019. 

Jackson would be a smart move by the FO. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 05:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Everyone thinks it’s thuney or bust, but gabe Jackson was just released. If I could get jackson for 8 million per instead of thuney for 17-18 and that extra money could then be used for moton? Sign me up. Might even have enough after that to get a stud pass rusher too, Then you enter the draft with a world of flexibility.

His name is GaBe and this is the draft forum...
Reply/Quote
Gabe Jackson would be a great pickup
Reply/Quote

Jackson graded worse than Hart last year. I'm not against bringing him in on a prove it deal along with a top tier G or C, but no way I'd give him $8 mil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 06:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Injury History is a bit overblown he missed 9 games in 3 seasons from 2017-2019. 

Jackson would be a smart move by the FO. 

i didnt look into it past he had not played a full season.

not sure what his market value is.  But be worth finding out
Reply/Quote
I think XSF/Spain are all the G depth they need.

Now they just need to go out and grab good starters.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 06:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: Jackson graded worse than Hart last year. I'm not against bringing him in on a prove it deal along with a top tier G or C, but no way I'd give him $8 mil.

63.8 pff no thanks to big money.
Reply/Quote
He was the 38th rated guard on PFF last year, remember that grades don’t translate well from position to position. With 64 starting guards in the league that places him at just below average but two years ago he was 13th so you could potentially bet on regaining that. As a second wave option you could do worse. Remember a bunch of people loved Spain here because he wasn’t a complete dumpster fire and he only graded at 56.4 last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 09:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: He was the 38th rated guard on PFF last year, remember that grades don’t translate well from position to position.  With 64 starting guards in the league that places him at just below average but two years ago he was 13th so you could potentially bet on regaining that. As a second wave option you could do worse. Remember a bunch of people loved Spain here because he wasn’t a complete dumpster fire and he only graded at 56.4 last year.
That's the problem we need to be searching for better and not settling for players like that.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 08:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think XSF/Spain are all the G depth they need.

Now they just need to go out and grab good starters.

Spain is a free agent

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:53 AM)pally Wrote: Spain is a free agent

I actually forgot that, thanks. 

Either way, XSF is solid depth and the Bengals can't/won't get rid of Billy Price this season, so I don't know if G depth is needed. Good starters, please.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He is probably a cut above what we have right now. I guess it will all depend on what works out as best value. Same with Brown who is alledgedly on the block
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:31 AM)pulses Wrote: That's the problem we need to be searching for better and not settling for players like that.

It would be great to sign the Pro Bowl rosters from last season but that isn't reality. There are exactly two guards projected for FA currently that are rated higher than Jackson, Thuney and Scherff. Many believe Scherff is going to get the tag again so that leaves only a single one in Thuney. This whole idea that it is Thuney or bust though is illogical as we aren't the only suitor and I am not paying him like he is Quinton Nelson just because of the lack of supply. Getting a guy like Jackson and putting him next to a quality RT will make a world of difference to our line. 
Reply/Quote
What you hear from people is its going to be a bloodbath with regards to cuts. Hopefully more guards will be on the board by then and price will drop as supply goes up
Reply/Quote