Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 4 of the 1976 World Series
Talk about a stacked lineup! Hall Of Famer batting 7th. Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek with the call with Phil Rizzuto for Yankee insight. Enjoy.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
The memories

I lived, walked, talked and loved the Big Red Machine. Thanks for posting
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was too young to remember that game, so thank you for posting it.
Reply/Quote
Those were the days my friends. Amazingly, the Reds should have one 1-2 more WS with that team.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I first became a Reds fan during the era of the Big Red Machine. I know how Patriots fans feel today. Even when the Reds were behind I never panicked because I just assumed they would come back to win.

Good times.
Reply/Quote
I was in Job Corps in Darby Montana that year and by far most of the guys there were from Boston and NY. There were only a handful of Reds fans there that year. We argued endlessly who had the best teams and NOBODY respected the Reds until it was over.. "Oh yeah! That Mickey Rivers is gonna KILL those lousy Reds!", I heard time and time again..  I still remember enjoying my own personal smugness that year.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The last time the Cincinnati Reds lost a World Series game was Game Six in 1975. Both wins in 1976 and 1990 were four game sweeps.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The last time the Cincinnati Reds lost a World Series game was Game Six in 1975.  Both wins in 1976 and 1990 were four game sweeps.

And nearly everybody outside of Cincinnati thought the Reds had no chance against the mighty A's. Most thought the exact opposite would happen.
Reply/Quote
How about that stat on Gary Nolan early in the broadcast . . . SEVEN COMPLETE GAMES.

I love my Reds but I HATE modern baseball.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And nearly everybody outside of Cincinnati thought the Reds had no chance against the mighty A's. Most thought the exact opposite would happen.

Games 1 and 2 of that series were weeknights at home.  I went on a camping trip Friday and Saturday (Bridge Day at the New River Gorge) where I had no access to any news.  I figured there was no way we would sweep 2 road games. That A's team was loaded and had won 105 games. But on the way out Sunday I stopped at the first gas station to buy a paper.  I was pissed that i had missed the clincher.

Same weekend my Tennessee Vols were undefeated and ranked #3 in the country.  They were playing one of their biggest rivals, but back then Alabama was at a low tide.  They came into that game just 2-3, but that same Sunday sports page had a big headline about the huge upset in Knoxville.  Tied 6-6 with less than a minute left Tennessee had a potential game winning FG blocked.  Alabama returned it deep into Tennessee territory and kicked the winner on the last play of the game.  I was glad I had missed that.  I probably would have broken something.
Reply/Quote