Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Game Attendance = Awful
(01-23-2018, 12:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think you totally missed the point. Btw, it cost those concession people a pretty penny for a spot inside the stadium.

Yup.  Beer prices in the stadium are supply and demand, so you can blame the consumer on this one.  I like beer, I like football/baseball, but never the two have met in a stadium.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We usually attend one home game per year. Screw MB, I'll sit home in comfort and watch the games from now on.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll add more stats. Internet says average price of a Bengals ticket 75 dollars and Bengals down 75 thousand in attendance from 500 hundred thousand to 425 thousand. That is a loss of 5.625 Million US Dollars.

Another internet stat shows Bengals parking and beer, hot dogs and such. Lets say a Bengal Fan spends 25 Dollars at the game on these things, which is too low. Now we are talking 100 and not 75 dollars and that is a loss of 7.5 Million US Dollars.

Now another internet site says average NFL fan spends 200 per game in tickets, parking, food, drinks, ect. If that is the case Mike Brown and Family lost 15 Million in US Dollars due to 75 thousand people under half a million fans Paul Brown Stadium is expected to generate.

So the low figure is Brown Family lost around 5.625 million dollars. Mid range is they lost 7.5 Million. Higher number is they lost 15 Million. Lets split the difference and say Bengals Front Office lost 7.5 Million in 2017 due to low ticket sales. I think we can agree that Mike Brown is not the type that likes losing Millions of Dollars and probably why he is doing these surprise Public Relations interviews for first time since he wanted mega bucks from city to build PB Stadium. Now there is profit sharing on TV and profit sharing on play-off home games, but each owner kind of counts on this regular season home game money. There are also 2 preseason home games and we can assume those also had too many empty seats. It becomes a huge and needed goal for The Brown Family to get Paul Brown Stadium back to half a million fans per year as intended when it was built. 500 thousand fans is a number Bengals should be just under or over each year and the 400 thousand figure of Riverfront is no longer acceptable in today's NFL for this ownership. It defeats the building of Paul Brown Stadium. The Brown Family MUST increase ticket sales 20 % ASAP or continue to lose 7.5 Million Dollars per year in home game dollars. Now to Fans who may not care, if ticket sales not increased it will mean payroll cuts and an even cheaper team of players on the field and / or ticket price increases, both of which the Fans will then care greatly. Either move could be The Brown Family making things much worse and why a 20 % increase in attendance needed without these two moves angering fan base even more. An increase in Wins in 2018 should increase ticket sales as 2018 goes and spike off season ticket sales for 2019. Ownership is no way in a lose for high draft picks mode because they need to increase ticket sales with wins in 2018.

We could add Bengals should also sell stadium name advertising. I'll use local GE factory as example and a possible name of ' GE Paul Brown Stadium '. or Chase Paul Brown Stadium....but they should be considering adding a corporate name in exchange for big bucks to the Brown Family front office. In this way they keep the Paul Brown with corporate money also. It would help avoid going with cheaper players or raising ticket prices, two things that would backfire turning fans away from games even more. Half the name may mean half the corporate name income but as of now there is no corporate name income. Half is better than nothing, so it could be a good compromise adding millions to the Brown Family front office that way, and that could be done right now in off season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I have had more problems with drunk reds fans than drunk Bengals fans.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Peaked in '05-'06, when a SB was a thing people could realistically dream of.

Then they realized that no matter how good they are in the regular season, they will never win anything with Marvin, and Mike will never give them the last player or two they need. Then they lost to Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates, Matt Schaub.... got ran over by Ronnie Brown... etc..... and yet Marvin and Mike are still here, doing their thing over and over. Why would people want to pay large sums of money to see that?

It also doesn't help that the average ticket price has risen 50% and concession prices have risen 30% the last decade.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 11:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Peaked in '05-'06, when a SB was a thing people could realistically dream of.

Then they realized that no matter how good they are in the regular season, they will never win anything with Marvin, and Mike will never give them the last player or two they need. Then they lost to Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates, Matt Schaub.... got ran over by Ronnie Brown... etc..... and yet Marvin and Mike are still here, doing their thing over and over. Why would people want to pay large sums of money to see that?

It also doesn't help that the average ticket price has risen 50% and concession prices have risen 30% the last decade.
Actually the Bengals are near the bottom on NFL ticket and concession prices. Most NFL more expensive.  The problem must be the product on the field.  Since 2015 play-off season resulted in around 500 thousand fans in 2016, we must assume 2016 poor season caused near 20% or 75 thousand fan drop off in season ticket sales for 2017.  2017 not much better will cause poor off season ticket sales for 2018.  This is why they need to improve blocking and tackling and get more wins in 2018 for 2019 ticket sales. They should also consider adding a corporate name to the Paul Brown name on stadium, such as GE Paul Brown Stadium or CHASE Paul Brown Stadium to keep Paul Brown name but pump some corporate money into front office now in 2018, a millions making compromise on stadium name. This would not be the time to anger fan base more by going with cheaper players and even worse team, or raising ticket prices. If they could get some millions calling it 5th/3rd Paul Brown or Disney Paul Brown or Cinergy Paul Brown, just do it and take the extra millions ASAP.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 11:47 PM)kevin Wrote: Actually the Bengals are near the bottom on NFL ticket and concession prices. Most NFL more expensive.  The problem must be the product on the field.  Since 2015 play-off season resulted in around 500 thousand fans in 2016, we must assume 2016 poor season caused near 20% or 75 thousand fan drop off in season ticket sales for 2017.  2017 not much better will cause poor off season ticket sales for 2018.  This is why they need to improve blocking and tackling and get more wins in 2018 for 2019 ticket sales. They should also consider adding a corporate name to the Paul Brown name on stadium, such as GE Paul Brown Stadium or CHASE Paul Brown Stadium to keep Paul Brown name but pump some corporate money into front office now in 2018, a millions making compromise on stadium name. This would not be the time to anger fan base more by going with cheaper players and even worse team, or raising ticket prices.  If they could get some millions calling it 5th/3rd Paul Brown or Disney Paul Brown or Cinergy Paul Brown, just do it and take the extra millions ASAP.

I can't really expect Mike Brown to pass the revenue along to the fans or invest it in the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 10:59 PM)kevin Wrote: I'll add more stats.  Internet says average price of a Bengals ticket 75 dollars and Bengals down 75 thousand in attendance from 500 hundred thousand to 425 thousand.  That is a loss of 5.625 Million US Dollars.  

Another internet stat shows Bengals parking and beer, hot dogs and such. Lets say a Bengal Fan spends 25 Dollars at the game on these things, which is too low.  Now we are talking 100 and not 75 dollars and that is a loss of 7.5 Million US Dollars.

Now another internet site says average NFL fan spends 200 per game in tickets, parking, food, drinks, ect.  If that is the case Mike Brown and Family lost 15 Million in US Dollars due to 75 thousand people under half a million fans Paul Brown Stadium is expected to generate.

So the low figure is Brown Family lost around 5.625 million dollars.  Mid range is they lost 7.5 Million.  Higher number is they lost 15 Million.  Lets split the difference and say Bengals Front Office lost 7.5 Million in 2017 due to low ticket sales. I think we can agree that Mike Brown is not the type that likes losing Millions of Dollars and probably why he is doing these surprise Public Relations interviews for first time since he wanted mega bucks from city to build PB Stadium.  Now there is profit sharing on TV and profit sharing on play-off home games, but each owner kind of counts on this regular season home game money.  There are also 2 preseason home games and we can assume those also had too many empty seats.  It becomes a huge and needed goal for The Brown Family to get Paul Brown Stadium back to half a million fans per year as intended when it was built. 500 thousand fans is a number Bengals should be just under or over each year and the 400 thousand figure of Riverfront is no longer acceptable in today's NFL for this ownership. It defeats the building of Paul Brown Stadium.  The Brown Family MUST increase ticket sales 20 % ASAP or continue to lose 7.5 Million Dollars per year in home game dollars.  Now to Fans who may not care, if ticket sales not increased it will mean payroll cuts and an even cheaper team of players on the field and / or ticket price increases, both of which the Fans will then care greatly. Either move could be The Brown Family making things much worse and why a 20 % increase in attendance needed without these two moves angering fan base even more.  An increase in Wins in 2018 should increase ticket sales as 2018 goes and spike off season ticket sales for 2019. Ownership is no way in a lose for high draft picks mode because they need to increase ticket sales with wins in 2018.

We could add Bengals should also sell stadium name advertising.  I'll use local GE factory as example and a possible name of  ' GE Paul Brown Stadium '.  or Chase Paul Brown Stadium....but they should be considering adding a corporate name in exchange for big bucks to the Brown Family front office. In this way they keep the Paul Brown with corporate money also.  It would help avoid going with cheaper players or raising ticket prices, two things that would backfire turning fans away from games even more. Half the name may mean half the corporate name income but as of now there is no corporate name income. Half is better than nothing, so it could be a good compromise adding millions to the Brown Family front office that way, and that could be done right now in off season.
This and your previous post are 100% wrong.  As I mentioned on page 2 of this thread, the Bengals loss is minimal as NFL ticket revenues are pooled and shared amongst the 32 teams. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:44 AM)Who Dey Time Wrote: This and your previous post are 100% wrong.  As I mentioned on page 2 of this thread, the Bengals loss is minimal as NFL ticket revenues are pooled and shared amongst the 32 teams. 

Yes and no....teams only pool 40% of the gate. Home teams keep 60% + all the other revenue sources specific to that team and venue.  So no matter how you slice it, MB does better financially...i.e. money that goes directly into his pocket... when more people are in the seats. But you're right, the CBA sure softens the blow when they have down years.
Even the sale of merchandise is pooled. If you buy an AJ Green jersey, that money goes to the NFL, not the Bengals, which gets split between all teams. MB makes as much money off of the sale of Steeler gear as he does Bengal gear.

Owning an NFL team is a license to print money. It seems the only real incentive for owners to spend to win is their personal competitiveness and pride.
Reply/Quote
Why, thanks, OP. And, yes, I do attend many games.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote