Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Chatbox
As most of you who've been here since the beginning remember, we had discussed testing out a gameday chatbox during preseason games. This Friday will be our 1st trial run with the live chat. It won't replace the game day thread, it'll just be an alternative to it. If it goes OK, we'll do it again next week. If it turns out to be problematic, then we'll probably just scrap the idea altogether. The chat will open at 7 and a 50 post minimum will be required to participate.

Jungle Noise will be closed during the game. In addition to the game day thread, the Game Day section will be available for any new Bengals related threads. This will help keep JN from getting flooded with game related topics. Just like on the old board, JN will open again once the game is over.

Hope everyone will be able to join us here for the game Friday!
Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Be sure and tell us how to get to the chatbox :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good deal and thanks for the site and everything else!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 05:43 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Be sure and tell us how to get to the chatbox  :)

It will be at the top of the home page. 
Reply/Quote
Awesome, so excited for a live chat option!

However, guess I gotta participate in more convo's here, I'm admittedly a lurker xD
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
I predict that people will love it, and demand to see more of it. It's really a fun feature. It's a double edged sword though, as it can diminish posting and drive away people that are actually interested in the posts themselves.

At the most, I hope it never gets bigger than being used for events such as the weekly game, and things like the draft.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 06:03 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I predict that people will love it, and demand to see more of it.  It's really a fun feature.  It's a double edged sword though, as it can diminish posting and drive away people that are actually interested in the posts themselves.

At the most, I hope it never gets bigger than being used for events such as the weekly game, and things like the draft.

No, even if the chat goes over very well...it will never be more than a gameday/draft feature. As for posting, the regular game day thread will still be there for those that prefer it. 

The chat itself will be up to the members, as far as whether it lasts or not. If it becomes a complete mess that is extremely difficult to moderate, then it will probably be very short-lived.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 06:03 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I predict that people will love it, and demand to see more of it.  It's really a fun feature.  It's a double edged sword though, as it can diminish posting and drive away people that are actually interested in the posts themselves.

This. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Cool I'll have to check it out.

On a side note I'm itching to see some Bengals football! Tiger
Reply/Quote
Looks like i need to start posting then. Hello fellow bengal fans.
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to checking it out.
Reply/Quote
Cool idea.

I, unfortunately, will not be able to participate as I will be traveling during the game Cry

(Don't cry for me, it wouldn't be televised here anyway)
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see how this works out. Looking forward to it for certain.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 06:03 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I predict that people will love it, and demand to see more of it. It's really a fun feature. It's a double edged sword though, as it can diminish posting and drive away people that are actually interested in the posts themselves.

I would miss reading back through the posts.

1Q: They look great. We win all teh suberbowlz!!!
2Q: Damn it, Marvin, watch the clock! I need to get drunk.
3Q: Damn it, Andy, hold onto the ball! I knew these idiots would blow it. **** it, I'm gonna go do yard work.
4Q: I knew they would pull it out! We win all teh superbowlz!!!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 06:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If it becomes a complete mess that is extremely difficult to moderate, then it will probably be very short-lived.

50 posts and moderate, wake up Amerrrrica?   :jk:
Reply/Quote
Pretty neat feature, can't wait to try it out.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'll be there you bishes!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As most of you who've been here since the beginning remember, we had discussed testing out a gameday chatbox during preseason games. This Friday will be our 1st trial run with the live chat. It won't replace the game day thread, it'll just be an alternative to it. If it goes OK, we'll do it again next week. If it turns out to be problematic, then we'll probably just scrap the idea altogether. The chat will open at 7 and a 50 post minimum will be required to participate.

Jungle Noise will be closed during the game. In addition to the game day thread, the Game Day section will be available for any new Bengals related threads. This will help keep JN from getting flooded with game related topics. Just like on the old board, JN will open again once the game is over.

Hope everyone will be able to join us here for the game Friday!
Who Dey

I will be at the stadium watching warm ups by 6:30. In pre-season you can see more prior to the game with 1st and 2nd string than during it.

I think the idea of game day thread is a good one. I think open the entire forum within 30 minutes of the end of any game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to the test run tonight. T minus 7 hours...
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I need to make some posts so I can participate.
Reply/Quote