Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Chatbox
Of Course this thread is buried on page 2.... and I just posted a thread asking about if Jungle Noise would be closed.

Stickies maybe?
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 04:12 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I need to make some posts so I can participate.

Man, I'm gonna hopefully be ready by week 1. Confused
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 07:17 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Of Course this thread is buried on page 2.... and I just posted a thread asking about if Jungle Noise would be closed.

Stickies maybe?

I just came in here to suggest this. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
First trial with shoutbox

[Image: 1196.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well, I came away pretty pleased. Way more good than bad ! Just hope Burkhead and Peerman are ok.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:07 AM)Stormborn Wrote: First trial with shoutbox

[Image: 1196.gif]

For sure.  Definitely a success.  Great trial run, fellas!
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
i liked it but it did lead to less participation on the gameday thread.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can have a general shoutbox at the bottom of the forum for those online?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 06:30 PM)Bigsmithin Wrote: Looks like i need to start posting then.  Hello fellow bengal fans.

Welcome aboard.

Hey, scoot down!  Make room for one more!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well, I came away pretty pleased. Way more good than bad ! Just hope Burkhead and Peerman are ok.

Yes.  And Dennard too.  That dude is a play waiting to happen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well, I came away pretty pleased. Way more good than bad ! Just hope Burkhead and Peerman are ok.

Same here, loved the shoutbox and hope the players are all alright for the season.

(08-15-2015, 12:44 PM)McC Wrote: Yes.  And Dennard too.  That dude is a play waiting to happen.

Yeah, Dennard could be even better than Kirkpatrick who i think has improved greatly this Offseason.

The coaches kept saying that he is another Leon Hall but i think that is a low ceiling for Quez, Revis potential.

And that is nothing against Leon.
Reply/Quote
Loving the shoutbox

Always felt like we missed a lot on the thread.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 07:41 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: i liked it but it did lead to less participation on the gameday thread.

I honestly don't know if we should have both. I like the chat box because it means I don't have to refresh my screen ever AND it was easier to scroll back through the conversations. However, there is no option to quote someone so it is harder to call out someone's stupidity.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 10:42 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I honestly don't know if we should have both. I like the chat box because it means I don't have to refresh my screen ever AND it was easier to scroll back through the conversations. However, there is no option to quote someone so it is harder to call out someone's stupidity.

Which is probably a good thing, less drama. Though I'm sure the regular season chat boxes will have a bit more moderation needed than these preseason games.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 10:42 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I honestly don't know if we should have both. I like the chat box because it means I don't have to refresh my screen ever AND it was easier to scroll back through the conversations. However, there is no option to quote someone so it is harder to call out someone's stupidity.

Agree.  There is no good way to go back and look at the posts.  If someone says something really offensive in the chat box, is there a way to report it?
Reply/Quote

I've been helping with the board's Twitter account and posted the Gameday thread to encourage people to come in.  If there's not much activity on it, they might not come back.
Reply/Quote
Imo the chatbox make the gameday thread useless. It seemed silly to have to keep refreshing the page then have to go through pages of people reacting to the game on the old forum. The chatbox is a much better alternative.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:09 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Imo the chatbox make the gameday thread useless. It seemed silly to have to keep refreshing the page then have to go through pages of people reacting to the game on the old forum. The chatbox is a much better alternative.

Agreed.  No need for the Gameday thread if you have the shoutbox.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 03:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: Agreed.  No need for the Gameday thread if you have the shoutbox.

My vote.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:09 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Imo the chatbox make the gameday thread useless. It seemed silly to have to keep refreshing the page then have to go through pages of people reacting to the game on the old forum. The chatbox is a much better alternative.

I couldn't agree more. I never really liked the Game Day threads. Too cumbersome to keep up with. That's why I enjoy participating on Twitter during games (across all sports). Instant interaction via brief comments.

The chatbox is an idea I've always loved. I really enjoyed using it at the Bengals World boards during its run. We couldn't implement it at the official site due to the older version of the software we were using, but it had the potential for being a nightmare to moderate anyway due to the type of things some were more likely to do on the official boards as a means of "attacking" the organization. That clearly shouldn't be a problem here. I was pretty eager to use it during the preseason game, but I'm still such a newb. Once the regular season starts, I should hopefully have my 50 posts & see how balancing Twitter & this chatbox goes. Well done, moderators.
Reply/Quote