Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Day Live Chat Room?
So apparently there is Flash Chat for MyBB that would allow their to be a live chat room that we could talk in during games..just a thought I wanted to throw out there.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 10:23 AM)Steeler Eater Wrote: So apparently there is Flash Chat for MyBB that would allow their to be a live chat room that we could talk in during games..just a thought I wanted to throw out there.

If the Mods are cool with it, I wouldn't be against looking into implementing it.
Reply/Quote
That would be not bad, A live chatroom could be nice during games Tongue
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Live chat rooms are a mess. While it'd be nice to have one, it's something that should definitely be discussed in depth before moving forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Though i probably wouldn't use it much since i'd be focused on the game, given the option, i'd choose a live chat over a thread.

On second thought...i'd probably participate, though mostly during timeouts and commercials.

I prefer the instant live interaction over the delay of threads, when replies are coming fast and furious.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think it's a great idea, but will definitely have to have someone moderate it pretty closely on game day. Not just because of the typical high emotion posting of fans, but the trolls from opposing teams that may stop by. I think the usual AFCN folks that transitioned over here are not going to be much of a problem, but it's hard to say what kind of riff raff may show up. You know, like ColtsFan. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 05:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it's a great idea, but will definitely have to have someone moderate it pretty closely on game day. Not just because of the typical high emotion posting of fans, but the trolls from opposing teams that may stop by. I think the usual AFCN folks that transitioned over here are not going to be much of a problem, but it's hard to say what kind of riff raff may show up. You know, like ColtsFan. Ninja

I think having requirement such as X amount of posts, or X rep, or X amount of time being a member would be a start. Maybe even a combination of all 3.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 05:57 PM)treee Wrote: I think having requirement such as X amount of posts, or X rep, or X amount of time being a member would be a start. Maybe even a combination of all 3.

Yes, makes sense. We could even start a Chatango and only give it out to a select few in order to keep the trolls and nuisances away.
Reply/Quote
A chat room would be much better than scrolling through a thousand posts to get caught up.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 05:57 PM)treee Wrote: I think having requirement such as X amount of posts, or X rep, or X amount of time being a member would be a start. Maybe even a combination of all 3.

(05-18-2015, 06:12 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: Yes, makes sense. We could even start a Chatango and only give it out to a select few in order to keep the trolls and nuisances away.

I don't know if access can be restricted, but if it could that is something that could be considered. I think leaving it open for the preseason to see how it goes might be a good idea and then making access changes if needed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 07:55 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A chat room would be much better than scrolling through a thousand posts to get caught up.

yeah...not being able to get caught up at all is always more preferable...
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 08:14 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: yeah...not being able to get caught up at all is always more preferable...

I would always just go to the next page. Plus the damn thing would always freeze for me when refreshing.
Reply/Quote
The gameday threads at the old site were pretty much like a live chat room. There wasn't a chatbox, but if you participated in them, that's the feeling you may have gotten.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We're working on it *cough*
Preseason should be a testing period if we can figure out possible bans and heaviness of moderating. Just don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out, because the internet is a scary place
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 10:30 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If the Mods are cool with it, I wouldn't be against looking into implementing it.

I think the idea of a chat system would be interesting but there would be so many rapid replies you wouldn't know who says what. I guess if you guys could maybe put a 5 second delay between new messages then it'd be okay.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 10:53 PM)eoxyod Wrote: We're working on it *cough*
Preseason should be a testing period if we can figure out possible bans and heaviness of moderating. Just don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out, because the internet is a scary place

Glad you guys are being realistic/cautious with your approach.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 10:53 PM)eoxyod Wrote: We're working on it *cough*

So then if there are any issues, we get to blame you Eox... got it. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I would be way more active on the boards through live chats than thread postings.

Is there any possibility of a 24/7 chat option?
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 04:04 PM)fuzzychin Wrote: Personally, I would be way more active on the boards through live chats than thread postings.

There won't be a regular chat on the site. But, the staff has discussed the idea of the game day chat that has been suggested...and we'll probably give it a trial run during the preseason to see how it goes.

If the game day chat works out, it won't replace the game day threads, but would offer a different option.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 04:04 PM)fuzzychin Wrote: Personally, I would be way more active on the boards through live chats than thread postings.

I've been on other boards where they introduced a 24/7 chat room. Needless to say, those boards became ghost towns because no one posted anymore.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote