Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Day Live (NFL Network)
This show opened up with 10 minutes of lowlights of the 9ers vs Packers game then just about only showed the game winning FG of the Bengals game and said Bengals won about the Bengals upset.

I guess they all picked the game wrong?

Nobody likes a dynasty

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
"Our team is creating our own legacy."

-- Evan McPherson
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
"This Bengals team will be remembered... forever." - Evan McPherson
"They burnt the city down last week, it'll be on fire again this week. Then next week it'll be lit and the whole city of Cincy will show up in LA." - Evan McPherson (paraphrased)

The **** our kicker doing out here dropping quotes. Our kicker! Whose kicker does this? Only Evan and Tucker can say this lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:34 PM)Interceptor Wrote: "Our team is creating our own legacy."

-- Evan McPherson

We are getting pretty much pub though.

Eventually they will be forced to talk about us.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:36 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: We are getting pretty much pub though.

Eventually they will be forced to talk about us.

all sportscasters: "Bengals got lucky winning the superbowl this year"

Makes burrow back to back, Burrow: "wondering if this one was lucky too?"
Reply/Quote
It is just so obvious that they don't want to talk about it. Makes you wonder how many hours they would be talking about king Henry if he ran all over us and TN won?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:27 PM)M.W. Wrote: This show opened up with 10 minutes of lowlights of the 9ers vs Packers game then just about only showed the game winning FG of the Bengals game and said Bengals won about the Bengals upset.

I guess they all picked the game wrong?

Nobody likes a dynasty

Sarcasm

My guess is... because there was only 1 early game (Bengals-Titans) - those highlights had already been played out, ad nauseum, yesterday.  Showing highlights of the "late" game is for the people who missed them, because they went to bed or whatever... hell... I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:57 PM)Tomkat Wrote: My guess is... because there was only 1 early game (Bengals-Titans) - those highlights had already been played out, ad nauseum, yesterday.  Showing highlights of the "late" game is for the people who missed them, because they went to bed or whatever... hell... I don't know.

That is a really good hypothesis Tomkat!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:57 PM)Tomkat Wrote: My guess is... because there was only 1 early game (Bengals-Titans) - those highlights had already been played out, ad nauseum, yesterday.  Showing highlights of the "late" game is for the people who missed them, because they went to bed or whatever... hell... I don't know.

Sounds about right.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:44 PM)M.W. Wrote: It is just so obvious that they don't want to talk about it. Makes you wonder how many hours they would be talking about king Henry if he ran all over us and TN won?

There’s people on Tenn board already talking about moving on from Henry and making Forman the man. They might be right if you consider the price tag.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Isn’t it a preview show and not a highlight show?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I wish I still got NFL Network!

I miss Good Morning Football, was my favorite morning show to watch...

They took it off my cable providers list of channels unless I pay extra.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
After watching what national exposure did to Chad Johnson, I'm OK with being skipped over by them. I know these are different 'Cats' and that many were already in NCAA Championship games. Chad never had that kind of exposure at Oregon State so he was ill prepared to properly handle all of that when it finally came his way. Mixon does the exact same thing with some of his celebrations(I absolutely LOVED the dice game in Vegas) . . . he just doesn't talk about them until afterwards.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I haven't watched any football yet today (letting the kids get their TV time for now...), but yesterday the general narrative was definitely that there was no way the Bengals win the game. There were some picks in favor of them, but not many from what I was hearing in all the breakdowns. One thing I definitely see is a whole lotta ego when it comes to much of the media. They don't like to be wrong, so why would they dwell on that game? Besides, there was a lot more hype in general going into the GB game about Rogers and the matchup, so I'm not surprised more people are buzzing about that this morning. During the AFC game later I expect to see/hear more about the Bengals game since they'll play each other next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:15 PM)basballguy Wrote: Isn’t it a preview show and not a highlight show?

They spent about 10 minutes talking about the 9ers/packers game.  Now, at least on this network - everything in the morning prior to this show was prerecorded so I highly doubt the win that ended close to 8PM last night was talked about on this network.  

Monday morning - that crew will be talking about it. 
Reply/Quote
National media has always been terrible with discussing real issues. They always like to make mountains of molehills and on and on. If you've ever read the paper version of Sunday NY Times cover to cover the best stuff is always inside, not on the front page. Front page is window dressing in most cases.. Same is true about broadcasters as well except they don't get to broadcast the inside pages usually..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:04 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I haven't watched any football yet today (letting the kids get their TV time for now...), but yesterday the general narrative was definitely that there was no way the Bengals win the game.  There were some picks in favor of them, but not many from what I was hearing in all the breakdowns.  One thing I definitely see is a whole lotta ego when it comes to much of the media.  They don't like to be wrong, so why would they dwell on that game?  Besides, there was a lot more hype in general going into the GB game about Rogers and the matchup, so I'm not surprised more people are buzzing about that this morning.  During the AFC game later I expect to see/hear more about the Bengals game since they'll play each other next week.

6 of 8 picked them to win on CBS..... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-at-titans-expert-picks-props-predictions-for-nfl-playoffs-divisional-round-saturday-schedule-2022/
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:22 PM)spazz70 Wrote: 6 of 8 picked them to win on CBS..... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-at-titans-expert-picks-props-predictions-for-nfl-playoffs-divisional-round-saturday-schedule-2022/

I was watching NFL Network before the game.  Pretty sure it was picked 75% Titans.
Reply/Quote
No one really wants to talk about the bengals.

We aren’t a big market team, we aren’t the sportscasters favorite.

This week we will be underdogs ands only the chiefs will be talked about and how it will be this big blow out, like the titans were supposed to do.

When the game is close, the bengals with the ball with less than 2 minutes to go against a defense that really isn’t great, and burrow melts that 2 minutes away and gets the final score in regulation, it will get downplayed somehow.
Reply/Quote
The way Burrow and Reader take the disrepect and use it, I hope the media keep overlooking us.
Reply/Quote