Other
9.26%
5 9.26%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Goat, Texans Game
While the entire offense was completely out of sync, starting with the OL, and moving outward..  I credit Houston for playing their "Super Bowl" last night.  However, the thing that bugs me the most, had to be the uncharacteristic drops by Eifert.  All three of those passes were good, two of them bounced off of him..  Two were absolute drive killers, when we really needed to gain some sort of momentum. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The correct answer is Hue Jackson.

Reasons:
1. Why is our backup RT having to go one-on-one against Watt so much? I saw Winston out there all by his lonesome on a ton of plays. Just asking for trouble as the game wears on.
2. The Texans pressured Dalton all night and we just didn't seem to adjust. If we are going to throw the ball and need more time for Dalton why don't we adjust by playing Hill or Hewitt as an extra blocker in the backfield instead of running Gio out in a route, or some other rearrangement of the personnel to improve the blocking?
3. All those fancy shifts did little to confuse anyone but they sure did impress Jon Gruden. Texans didn't seem to be impressed though.
4. Dalton's long ball was off, as it usually is when he's under pressure. So why the f--- don't we adjust?

Reply/Quote
Coaching, team was emotionally flat and could not recover from bad moments. Same problem as always under Marvin, though this year the massive amount of healthy talent has kept it from making much difference until now. Play calling was not too bad in my opinion, but players without fire can't execute the play, no matter which one. Even the punter suffered from the widespread feeling of hopelessness and started kicking short. The poor blocking, drops, etc. are all just symptoms of the same.
Reply/Quote
1. Lewis - Still can't make in game adjustments or prepare a team mentally.
2. Hue - looked like there was no gameplan this week outside of the first series.

3. Eifert - The drops along with horrible blocking.
4. Dalton - extremely inaccurate the whole game and poor audibling/pre-snap reads.
5. Green - Just can't fumble there.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:23 PM)J24 Wrote: Green you can't fumble that ball at the end of the game.  We win the game if he doesn't fumble.

Deja Vu (again) Didn't AJ have a similar fumble near the goal line last year?
Reply/Quote
Eifert, Green, OL/backs.
Reply/Quote
As great as Eifert has been, he had a really bad game. I don't see that happening too much more.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Eifert - Hands Down !

The entire offense never got off the bus save four or five plays, but Eifert layed a dinosaur egg.
Reply/Quote
I see many on here blaming Hue Jackson, what did he do wrong?

As far as I could tell, he came out with some awesome, old school formations to throw the Texans' defense off guard, and it worked for positive gains.  After the novelty plays, the offense was flat.  The OL did not block effectively, too many penalties before the snap, receivers did not catch/hold onto the ball.  Gio Bernard did one hell of an effort, call him Mr. 3rd down, for this game.  He was the only one that seemed to show up ready to continue the win streak.

Hue Jackson did just fine, even threw in a few wrinkles to get the game going.  The problem was that the Texans were desperate for a win, they game planned well, and with Brodderick McKinney healthy, they had the perfect storm..  Our defense played lights out, no fault to them for the loss.  If your defense holds the opponent to 10 points, you should win the game.

The problem was execution on offense.  That isn't Hue's direct problem (though it likely is, now that that game took place), execution of specific duties falls upon the position coaches.

Any one looking to pin this loss on Hue Jackson, is sadly mistaken.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see many on here blaming Hue Jackson, what did he do wrong?

As far as I could tell, he came out with some awesome, old school formations to throw the Texans' defense off guard, and it worked for positive gains.  After the novelty plays, the offense was flat.  The OL did not block effectively, too many penalties before the snap, receivers did not catch/hold onto the ball.  Gio Bernard did one hell of an effort, call him Mr. 3rd down, for this game.  He was the only one that seemed to show up ready to continue the win streak.

Hue Jackson did just fine, even threw in a few wrinkles to get the game going.  The problem was that the Texans were desperate for a win, they game planned well, and with Brodderick McKinney healthy, they had the perfect storm..  Our defense played lights out, no fault to them for the loss.  If your defense holds the opponent to 10 points, you should win the game.

The problem was execution on offense.  That isn't Hue's direct problem (though it likely is, now that that game took place), execution of specific duties falls upon the position coaches.

Ah yes....the Merry Band of Tenured Bums.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I voted Eifert, but after days of trying to move past the loss, my real goat of the game was the jerk sitting behind me at the stadium. I spent all night rooting my guys, making lots of noise when the defense was on the field (and only when the defense was on the field), and occasionally admitting just how sick Lechler is. The guy behind me, who I assumed was a Texans fan, spent the night laughing at every Bengals difficulty, and snidely poking fun of every incompletion from Dalton (I wear a Dalton jersey, and he kept saying how "his little buddy threw another incompletion"). I tried to shrug it off and cheer my guys on, but this guy was relentless... Unless something good happened for the Bengals, when he'd be stone silent.

At the end of the game, my brother finally turned around, looked stunned, and informed me the wang was decked out in Bengals gear....

There is a segment of Bengals lifer who feels the compulsion to be a total schmuck all the time. They lived through the 90's and have decided the best way to move forward is to be a relentless wang all the time. Winning, to them, is the consolation prize for being a "fan."

I'm so sick of those losers. I've rooted for this team since the 70's, and I've never let the disappointments turn me into a nasty, mean-spirited jerk.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 01:31 PM)gobobro Wrote: I voted Eifert, but after days of trying to move past the loss, my real goat of the game was the jerk sitting behind me at the stadium. I spent all night rooting my guys, making lots of noise when the defense was on the field (and only when the defense was on the field), and occasionally admitting just how sick Lechler is. The guy behind me, who I assumed was a Texans fan, spent the night laughing at every Bengals difficulty, and snidely poking fun of every incompletion from Dalton (I wear a Dalton jersey, and he kept saying how "his little buddy threw another incompletion"). I tried to shrug it off and cheer my guys on, but this guy was relentless... Unless something good happened for the Bengals, when he'd be stone silent.

At the end of the game, my brother finally turned around, looked stunned, and informed me the wang was decked out in Bengals gear....

There is a segment of Bengals lifer who feels the compulsion to be a total schmuck all the time. They lived through the 90's and have decided the best way to move forward is to be a relentless wang all the time. Winning, to them, is the consolation prize for being a "fan."

I'm so sick of those losers. I've rooted for this team since the 70's, and I've never let the disappointments turn me into a nasty, mean-spirited jerk.

I don't see why those types even bother going to the games....

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  That isn't Hue's direct problem (though it likely is, now that that game took place), execution of specific duties falls upon the position coaches.

Execution falls on the players, not the position coaches.  Unless you want to claim that the players have never been taught how to execute properly.  And that makes no sense considering this was our first loss of the season

(11-20-2015, 09:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ah yes....the Merry Band of Tenured Bums.....

Who have outcoached 90% of the league this year.

How can we be so good if all our position coaches are bums?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see many on here blaming Hue Jackson, what did he do wrong?

I agree.

From what I understand, Dalton has the freedom to Audible and call his own plays, yet I see alot of people whining about Marvin and Hue. :snark:

Even if a person blames Hue, why Marvin? The majority of the offense is called by Dalton and Hue. Marvin may call go for it on 4th down plays or sometimes call TO's as well as Dalton call TO's when the offense is not ready. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 07:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Execution falls on the players, not the position coaches.  Unless you want to claim that the players have never been taught how to execute properly.  And that makes no sense considering this was our first loss of the season

Who have outcoached 90% of the league this year.

How can we be so good if all our position coaches are bums?

.....and a lot of sentiment out there that says the sheer talent on this team does so in spite of mediocre coaching.  I guess we just keep drafting choke artists , huh. Or is it a curse"? Pppppffffftttttt!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 08:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: I guess we just keep drafting choke artists , huh. Or is it a curse"? 

Are the coaches the ones who throw interceptions, drop passes, miss tackles, fumble, etc, etc, etc?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 08:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and a lot of sentiment out there that says the sheer talent on this team does so in spite of mediocre coaching. 

Except the rest of the league doesn't seem to think we have that many players in the top 100.

And neither do the ones who vote for the Pro Bowl.

Or the GMs who hand out free agent contracts.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are the coaches the ones who throw interceptions, drop passes, miss tackles, fumble, etc, etc, etc?

....are they the ones charged with correcting those things....teaching proper technique....putting players in situations to succeed? 

[quote pid='114201' dateline='1448234789']
Except the rest of the league doesn't seem to think we have that many players in the top 100.

And neither do the ones who vote for the Pro Bowl.

Or the GMs who hand out free agent contracts.
[/quote]

......and yet they always point to "the most talented roster top to bottom in the league" as a reason they are good and Dalton can make no mistakes.  Hmmmmmmm...... Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
.....and piss poor coaching cost us this game tonight.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....and piss poor coaching cost us this game tonight.

That comes in at #2.

Refs were #1 For the first time in a while, for us.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote