Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Observations and A. J. Green
I am going to say this and then, for me, I'm going to put all of this trade and coach stuff to bed, because I see no light at the end of the tunnel, as far as the Lombardi goes, until Brown passes the baton.

I don't scour this team like some of you guys, but the few times I've seen Burkhead on the field, running, or catching, he does quite well. He had no problem running and gaining yardage today, the few times he did, with the same offensive line Hill had.

There are 2 players I saw that impressed me today that probably should be given more looks and that was Josh Shaw and Clayton Fejedelem. Shaw I've seen throughout the season, but Clayton impressed me today.

Lastly, my hope for the rest of the season is to see A.J. get back and at least get the 36 yards he needs to get 1000. Regardless of what happens with this franchise, next year is not going to be a 'turning point', so one of my hopes is to see Green be the only player to get 1000 yards each year for his first 7 in 2017!

The only current player with a shot to equal that would be Beckham, but he would have to stay healthy as well.

That is all, you can disagree if you want, but the Lombardi won't happen while MB wears the 'owner's' hat.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 10:00 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I don't scour this team like some of you guys, but the few times I've seen Burkhead on the field, running, or catching, he does quite well.  He had no problem running and gaining yardage today, the few times he did, with the same offensive line Hill had.

There are 2 players I saw that impressed me today that probably should be given more looks and that was Josh Shaw and Clayton Fejedelem.  Shaw I've seen throughout the season, but Clayton impressed me today.

Rex Burkhead and Clayton Fejedelem played great games.  I saw some flashes of brilliance on defense today with lots of batted passes and the Rey Maualuga interception.  Rex is an interesting case in that plays to him were called to go wide and not into the line where a gap might not be there.  I even saw Kevin Zeitler pull on one play to throw an outside block which sprung Rex a few extra yards.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote