Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Wyche on "Movin' The Chains"
For those unfamiliar with the show title, "Movin' The Chains" is in my opinion the best program on NFL Radio. It airs Mon-Fri from 3:00-7:00 PM with hosts Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin.

Yesterday Wyche was on for a good 20-25 minutes at the start of the show's second hour. Anyone with SiriusXM radio can listen to yesterday's show On Demand for a while- that's actually how I heard the interview. It's yet another of a series of interviews that are referred to as The Playbook Series. The basic theme of the interview was a history of the no-huddle offense. As to be expected Sam had some pretty good one-liners as well. He also mentioned toward the end his upcoming book "Third And Forever"' and I believe he managed to tease them into another future appearance.

Anyway, hopefully someone with skills can manage to upload that segment here.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 02:18 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: For those unfamiliar with the show title, "Movin' The Chains" is in my opinion the best program on NFL Radio.  It airs Mon-Fri from 3:00-7:00 PM with hosts Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin.  

Yesterday Wyche was on for a good 20-25 minutes at the start of the show's second hour.  Anyone with SiriusXM radio can listen to yesterday's show On Demand for a while- that's actually how I heard the interview.  It's yet another of a series of interviews that are referred to as The Playbook Series.  The basic theme of the interview was a history of the no-huddle offense.  As to be expected Sam had some pretty good one-liners as well.  He also mentioned toward the end his upcoming book "Third And Forever"' and I believe he managed to tease them into another future appearance.

Anyway, hopefully someone with skills can manage to upload that segment here.

It was a great appearance.

I enjoyed how he said that he had no intention of the upcoming book being used to air dirty laundry, but that there were definitely things that others are not going to want to be unveiled about the '88 AFC Championship game.

His analogy for 3rd and Forever to his life was also a great quote.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 05:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It was a great appearance.

I enjoyed how he said that he had no intention of the upcoming book being used to air dirty laundry, but that there were definitely things that others are not going to want to be unveiled about the '88 AFC Championship game.

That was neat to listen to, as also was his alluding to Jerry Glanville catching on to a certain signal about the naked bootleg (if I recall that correctly), and then proceeding to alert every future Bengals opponent that season- not sure he mentioned what season that was.  I'm getting that book, I know that.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 05:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I enjoyed how he said that he had no intention of the upcoming book being used to air dirty laundry, but that there were definitely things that others are not going to want to be unveiled about the '88 AFC Championship game.

What do you mean exactly? I was only 5 at the time
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 05:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It was a great appearance.

Sounds like blackmail.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Don't come off this field BLEEPING telling us what to do. Now we can run the ball, and we can pass the ball. But we can do BLEEPING both. When we give you the ball, do your job. When we don't give you the ball, do your job again. No we are going to go out there and kick their ass. They haven't done it to us ... yet.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 04:05 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: What do you mean exactly?  I was only 5 at the time

Most likely in reference to the League trying to tell the Bengals they could not run the no huddle hours before kickoff.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote