Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Pass price reduced.... features added
For those like me that are in another market and don't get all the Bengals games, this is the meat of an email I just got reminding me my subscription is about to renew.... price dropped 20 dollars

Quote:We know that the NFL in 2020 will not look like other years, but we hope you’re as excited for Kickoff as we are. We are all fans together and although the difficult decision was made to cancel preseason games, we want to recognize our fans for their loyalty. For the 2020-21 season, we’re offering you a 20% discount on your subscription.
In addition to dropping our price this season, we’ve made improvements to core parts of NFL Game Pass and introduced new content to address your feedback. Watch our 2-Minute Drill video to see what you can look forward to, including:
• Redesigned Browser Experience: Our new interface, focusing on featured and recommended content, will unlock all the NFL Game Pass footage you never even knew existed.
• All-New NFL Game Pass Film Sessions: This season we’ve added Hall of Famer Kurt Warner to break down the tape with Brian Baldinger in 19 new episodes. Sit down with the league’s best players including Deshaun Watson, Stephon Gilmore, Amari Cooper, Davante Adams and many more. Go inside the game from a player’s perspective!
• Game Playlists: We’re also adding curated game playlists this season, which will bring you the best NFL games from the past 11 seasons. From the most improbable comebacks, to the best playoff games, we’ll have dedicated playlists right at your fingertips, so you can jump in at any time and relive the all-time classics!
Your account is set to auto-renew on September 8, 2020. At that time, your account will be billed $79.99 plus applicable taxes. If you wish to continue your NFL Game Pass subscription, no action is required. Your access will continue uninterrupted for the 2020 season.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 04:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: For those like me that are in another market and don't get all the Bengals games, this is the meat of an email I just got reminding me my subscription is about to renew.... price dropped 20 dollars

Wow, wish international was that cheap. That is great value.
Reply/Quote
That’s good that they reduced it a little this year. I am one of the fortunate fans that gets the nfl Sunday ticket max free this year. (I’m not even sure what the Max package includes?)
I haven’t had Sunday ticket in a couple of years. I don’t like to pay for it now because for about 5 years in a row they gave it to me for free just as long as I extended my contract with them.
Reply/Quote
Plenty of places you can get the streams for free.
I use kodi with a couple of really good add ons, you can also get all the games here https://home.nflbite.com
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 04:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: For those like me that are in another market and don't get all the Bengals games, this is the meat of an email I just got reminding me my subscription is about to renew.... price dropped 20 dollars

Frickin' awesome brother! Cool
Reply/Quote
I love Gamepass. Since some weekends they show Browns games in the Columbus market I can just spend the day working in the yard and watch the game when it comes available. Guaranteed quality, coaches film feature, and replays make it worth the cost over some random joe's stream.
Reply/Quote
If you know anything about crypto, you should check out seasons4u.com (Season pass mirror). Its around 40$ (paid in BTC/ETH/other shitcoins). Ive been using it for several years now and its definetly a great alternative to streams.

Reply/Quote
One would think that by now, they would have offered a better solution than charging people to watch games after they are concluded. With the proliferation of streaming services, the NFL has to be losing a ton of potential revenue from out of market fans.

Why not offer a scaled, individualized service that allows a fan of a particular team to purchase access to the specific team/game that they are interested in, rather than the "all or nothing" currently available in Sunday Ticket with it's bloated price tag, and the "after the fact" package in Game Pass?

I mean, paying to watch games after the results are everywhere is not unlike paying money for a bag of stale chips.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What Sunset said.
Reply/Quote
I live in New England I had Direct TV Sunday ticket for years. I got rid of it two years ago because the service is awful only had it for the Bengals. I streamed games on Reddit which was usually ok but the NFL started blocking them this year , thank god the Bengals were awful so I didn’t mind missing the games. I might get game pass it just makes no sense that you can’t watch the games live and that direct TV has a monopoly over the package. You can order the NBA, NHL and MLB packages from any provider by not the most popular sport in the world makes zero sense. Anyways how do you watch game pass ? Is it an app you download on a smart tv ?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 09:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One would think that by now, they would have offered a better solution than charging people to watch games after they are concluded.  With the proliferation of streaming services, the NFL has to be losing a ton of potential revenue from out of market fans.

Why not offer a scaled, individualized service that allows a fan of a particular team to purchase access to the specific team/game that they are interested in, rather than the "all or nothing" currently available in Sunday Ticket with it's bloated price tag, and the "after the fact" package in Game Pass?

I mean, paying to watch games after the results are everywhere is not unlike paying money for a bag of stale chips.

Well yeah, but better than not being able to watch the games at all...
Reply/Quote
I cancelled my subscription in 2017 when they let the O-line go to shit then drafted two skill players in the first two rounds of the draft.

When they prove on the field they have at least improved the O-line I'll consider giving them 1/32nd of my subscription fee again.

They have made changes to move in the right direction, but they haven't earned my money back, yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 09:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One would think that by now, they would have offered a better solution than charging people to watch games after they are concluded.  With the proliferation of streaming services, the NFL has to be losing a ton of potential revenue from out of market fans.

While I echo the sentiment  that they should offer a cheaper package to just follow your team or teams, and stream the live broadcast, this is what is available. I hate watching football in bars, because there is always "that guy" who has to be louder than everyone else in the room, and knows less about the game than anyone, who just ruins it for me. Not to mention, unless I go to Wick's Pizza, the sound is usually on a different game. As long as I maintain my media blackout during the game, watching it late is just like watching it live. It might be over, but I don't know the result. It's really my best option, since I only get about half the games live.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 08:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: While I echo the sentiment  that they should offer a cheaper package to just follow your team or teams, and stream the live broadcast, this is what is available. I hate watching football in bars, because there is always "that guy" who has to be louder than everyone else in the room, and knows less about the game than anyone, who just ruins it for me. Not to mention, unless I go to Wick's Pizza, the sound is usually on a different game. As long as I maintain my media blackout during the game, watching it late is just like watching it live. It might be over, but I don't know the result. It's really my best option, since I only get about half the games live.

Agreed on going to watch the game at a bar being no fun.  Not only for the noise and distraction aspect, but also because you need to keep spending money in order to justify the seat you occupy for the duration of the game.

I'll likely end up looking into a reliable streaming option, even if it means paying a small fee.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 09:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One would think that by now, they would have offered a better solution than charging people to watch games after they are concluded. With the proliferation of streaming services, the NFL has to be losing a ton of potential revenue from out of market fans.

This is why I stream the games from “other sites”. I honestly don’t mind paying for a product but the price tag on the Game Pass is something I’m just not willing to pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Exactly.

Methinks they are in a bad deal with DirecTV. DirecTV won't even offer Sunday Ticket separate unless you can't get DirecTV where you live.
Luckily, the NFL's deal with DirecTV is set to expire after the 2022 season, so hopefully we see a true streaming option in 2023.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly.

Methinks they are in a bad deal with DirecTV. DirecTV won't even offer Sunday Ticket separate unless you can't get DirecTV where you live.
Luckily, the NFL's deal with DirecTV is set to expire after the 2022 season, so hopefully we see a true streaming option in 2023.

That'll be too late for them to get my money.  I plan on moving back to Ohio by then.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly.

Amazon has been getting involved with streaming NFL games.  They have bought in to a bunch of Thursday games again this year.  They are streaming 11 games this year, same as the last 2 years.  With their assets and the popularity of Prime, I would not be shocked to see them try to get more involved when the DirecTV contract expires.  Maybe an add package to Prime members for a Sunday Ticket type package.  They already offer other Prime upgrades for premium channels like HBO, Showtime and Starz paid by the month.

A quick web search shows there are over 150 million Prime members vs. an estimated 16.3 million DirecTV members (and seem to be losing members fast). So Amazon already has a much larger customer base to market it to than DirecTV by a long shot. Plus it would be incentive to get nonmembers to sign up with Prime so they could purchase the package.  I can see that large of a market reach being inviting to the NFL so they can get their cut.

I wouldn't buy a package like that myself as I'm already in the Bengals local broadcast area and don't care about watching other teams that much.  But for others it would probably be inviting.  Especially if they offered separate packages.  Say a 1 team only package at a reduced cost and an expanded Sunday Ticket type package at a higher cost.

Edit: After my post I did a little more looking. It seems the NFL may already be exploring options for 2023 with Amazon and Disney.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/2019/04/23/the-nfl-is-reportedly-in-discussions-with-amazon-and-disney-for-the-sunday-ticket-streaming-rights

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 02:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Amazon has been getting involved with streaming NFL games.  They have bought in to a bunch of Thursday games again this year.  They are streaming 11 games this year, same as the last 2 years.  With their assets and the popularity of Prime, I would not be shocked to see them try to get more involved when the DirecTV contract expires.  Maybe an add package to Prime members for a Sunday Ticket type package.  They already offer other Prime upgrades for premium channels like HBO, Showtime and Starz paid by the month.

A quick web search shows there are over 150 million Prime members vs. an estimated 16.3 million DirecTV members (and seem to be losing members fast). So Amazon already has a much larger customer base to market it to than DirecTV by a long shot. Plus it would be incentive to get nonmembers to sign up with Prime so they could purchase the package.  I can see that large of a market reach being inviting to the NFL so they can get their cut.

I wouldn't buy a package like that myself as I'm already in the Bengals local broadcast area and don't care about watching other teams that much.  But for others it would probably be inviting.  Especially if they offered separate packages.  Say a 1 team only package at a reduced cost and an expanded Sunday Ticket type package at a higher cost.

Yep.

I hope whatever provider does like what NCHC does.
NCHC is the college hockey conference with Miami University.
They have a streaming membership where you can pay a yearly cost to watch all games for every team or you can pay a slightly cheaper price if you only cared about a single team.
https://www.nchc.tv/subscriptions
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 02:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Amazon has been getting involved with streaming NFL games.  They have bought in to a bunch of Thursday games again this year.  They are streaming 11 games this year, same as the last 2 years.  With their assets and the popularity of Prime, I would not be shocked to see them try to get more involved when the DirecTV contract expires.  Maybe an add package to Prime members for a Sunday Ticket type package.  They already offer other Prime upgrades for premium channels like HBO, Showtime and Starz paid by the month.

Edit: After my post I did a little more looking.  It seems the NFL may already be exploring options for 2023 with Amazon and Disney.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/2019/04/23/the-nfl-is-reportedly-in-discussions-with-amazon-and-disney-for-the-sunday-ticket-streaming-rights

Cool stuff George, thanks for this man. Cool
Reply/Quote