Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Plan Vs Browns
Offensive game plan?

Control the game. Establish the run early. Get Mixon and Perine going and take advantage of Clowney being hobbled.

Spread the ball around because you know they'll be focused on stopping Chase. Get the play action going. Tire them out and get the crowd involved. They'll give up with the OBJ drama and the Baker drama.

Dictate the pace of the game! Put the foot on the gas and don't let up all game!

What do you think the defensive game plan should be?

I think we need to load the box to stop the run game and always keep a backer/and or safety on Njoku. I'd prefer to double him and dare them to beat us with receivers.

I don't know about running stunts because, when they give their backs the ball deep, they seem to be able to cut back and find openings.

With Conklin out, we need to let Hubbard go to town and maybe even send an additional rusher so they can't double him with a running back.

Frustrate Baker and I think they fall apart, especially with all this OBJ drama going on.

What are your keys to victory?
Reply/Quote
Screen, screen, and screen some more. Just make sure the ball is high enough that it doesn't get tipped and picked (again).

The Browns don't respect the run and the Bengals have a lot of issues in their run-blocking scheme. However, they were very successful catching them in overpursuit and screening behind their rush.

As he said after the Jags game: Just put it in Burrow's hands. Third and 1? Let him decide based on what he sees. No more running nowhere in to a 9 man box.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Send Chase deep on every snap to take two defenders with him, then feed Higgins and Boyd the ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 08:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Send Chase deep on every snap to take two defenders with him, then feed Higgins and Boyd the ball.

The Madden 93 AI would fall for that the entire game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 09:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Madden 93 AI would fall for that the entire game. 

Never played Madden in my life so I have no idea what that means.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 09:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Madden 93 AI would fall for that the entire game. 

I scored a lot of TDs with Carl Pickens taking advantage of the AI shortcomings.
Reply/Quote
1st of all it all starts with keeping Myles Garrett off
Joe Burrow. I would keep Sample lined up over there
To help Jonah. Jonah struggled with Garrett last year.

I expect the Browns to bracket Jamar Chase.if thats the case Tee , Tyler or CJ should have favorable matchups to expose.

Dont sleep on Chris Evans on some routes matched
Up on a LB.

Big thing I think Zac has to put a few wrinkles in
To catch the Browns off guard a WR pass. Jet sweeps rtc

In defense it's all about limiting Nick Chubb on 1st down
Make Baker beat you on 3rd and long
The Browns have one playmaker on offense outside
Of Chubb , its Njoku.
Don't let Mayfield get into a rhythm, like last year
When he went 21 for 21.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 09:25 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I scored a lot of TDs with Carl Pickens taking advantage of the AI shortcomings.

So did Jeff Blake, seemingly.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 01:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Offensive game plan?

Control the game. Establish the run early. Get Mixon and Perine going and take advantage of Clowney being hobbled.

Spread the ball around because you know they'll be focused on stopping Chase. Get the play action going. Tire them out and get the crowd involved. They'll give up with the OBJ drama and the Baker drama.

Dictate the pace of the game! Put the foot on the gas and don't let up all game!

What do you think the defensive game plan should be?

I think we need to load the box to stop the run game and always keep a backer/and or safety on Njoku. I'd prefer to double him and dare them to beat us with receivers.

I don't know about running stunts because, when they give their backs the ball deep, they seem to be able to cut back and find openings.

With Conklin out, we need to let Hubbard go to town and maybe even send an additional rusher so they can't double him with a running back.

Frustrate Baker and I think they fall apart, especially with all this OBJ drama going on.

What are your keys to victory?
Reply/Quote
all good stuff....and to add....I think we use our new DB-Flowers on Njoku...at 6-3 and good speed he is a smaller Line backer built to cover TEs..
Reply/Quote
Offensively
  • Run at Garrett not away from him. You have to attack him with the run so you can naked boot away from him. I don't want Burrow turning his back and getting his head back around with Garrett in his face.
  • Passing wise, would love to see some motion cracks on Garrett to keep him checking outside for a hit and providing a bit of extra help for the tackles.
  • We have shown the jet motion a lot this year, would like to see some screen passes to the jet motion guy with a potential deep shot to the same motion man off it. 
  • Chase on double moves early in the game, specifically a sluggo, to potentially open up the slants and underneath stuff later which is counter intuitive to what the Browns will be expecting. 
Defensively
  • Going to have to play a lot of cover 1 and double robber. Last year they beat us up inside the hash marks with TE's. 
  • Early downs cover 4 will help bring the safeties into the run defense and contain their running attack a bit.
  • Awuzie should be mirroring Landry on the outside and when he moves to the slot leave Hilton on him but to the cover 1 point make sure Hilton plays outside leverage into his help.
  • 3rd and long situations I'd like to see Tre Flowers on Njoku who is a similar athlete and build to Mark Anbdrews.
  • Pressure Baker early, even if he beats you, and then stark working in simulated pressure with exotic droppers. He is known to pre determine reads against pressure and if you can rattle him you will force a mistake.
  • On 2nd down blitz a CB/safety from the backside to help slow down their boot action which the Browns lean on heavily.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 10:29 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 1st of all it all starts with keeping Myles Garrett off
Joe Burrow. I would keep Sample lined up over there
To help Jonah. Jonah struggled with Garrett last year.

I expect the Browns to bracket Jamar Chase.if thats the case Tee , Tyler or CJ should have favorable matchups to expose.

Dont sleep on Chris Evans on some routes matched
Up on a LB.

Big thing I think Zac has to put a few wrinkles in
To catch the Browns off guard a WR pass. Jet sweeps rtc

In defense it's all about limiting Nick Chubb on 1st down
Make Baker beat you on 3rd and long
The Browns have one playmaker on offense outside
Of Chubb , its Njoku.
Don't let Mayfield get into a rhythm, like last year
When he went 21 for 21.

I don't remember that. He seemed to handle him ok in the first matchup if I recall right, and he went out for the second matchup.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Screen, screen, and screen some more.   Just make sure the ball is high enough that it doesn't get tipped and picked (again).  

The Browns don't respect the run and the Bengals have a lot of issues in their run-blocking scheme.  However, they were very successful catching them in overpursuit and screening behind their rush.

As he said after the Jags game:  Just put it in Burrow's hands.  Third and 1?  Let him decide based on what he sees.  No more running nowhere in to a 9 man box.

NOt to mention that screen plays should help to minimize Myles Garret's impact on defense.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully, it helps that the Browns are slightly distracted because of the Odell Beckham mess and the fact that Baker M is still less than 100 percent. It would also help greatly to come out with a chip on their shoulder just like the Jets did against them.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 10:55 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: So did Jeff Blake, seemingly.

Ahem, I might have created myself to take over the QB position. It's been too long, I cannot remember.
Reply/Quote
Burrow needs the ball out of his hands in 1.5 seconds or less.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
On Offense - do whatever the Chargers (47pts) and Cardinals (37pts) did.

On Defense - do whatever the Stoolers did to limit them to 10pts

B/c bet your butt - they will following the Jets game plan on us
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Screen, screen, and screen some more.   Just make sure the ball is high enough that it doesn't get tipped and picked (again).  

The Browns don't respect the run and the Bengals have a lot of issues in their run-blocking scheme.  However, they were very successful catching them in overpursuit and screening behind their rush.

As he said after the Jags game:  Just put it in Burrow's hands.  Third and 1?  Let him decide based on what he sees.  No more running nowhere in to a 9 man box.

He has power to audible so guess just needs to decide to do it or not
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 11:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has power to audible so guess just needs to decide to do it or not

I don't believe that is true on every snap, but it should be. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 08:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Send Chase deep on every snap to take two defenders with him, then feed Higgins and Boyd the ball.

Yes if they're trying to take Chase out of the game then have him take 2 defenders out of the play.
Reply/Quote