Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Plan for Jacksonville
We all know the short comings of our offense, knowing J-Ville has a stacked front esp with the addition of Dareus (from Buffalo) how do you plan to attack the Jacksonville D and not get Andy killed.

We can only run so many screens and quick releases, mis direction and extra blockers will be key.

If your Bill Lazor what's your plan this week?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Game plan, that's funny!!!
Reply/Quote
Considering the Jags ability to sack the QB, I would say Lazor's plan is to sit down with Andy to make sure Andy has paid on his life insurance policy, has a will in place, and to set the music for his funeral

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The plan will be to not use any halftime adjustments.
Reply/Quote
I will be in attendance. My plan is to employ the same irrational confidence in victory I use every week, then angry internet post after we lose by 21.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy is getting new pads for the game......

[Image: 51GBaGIA4ML._SY450_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Than offensive game plan will be for the defense to score three TDs this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 11:37 AM)corpjet Wrote: If your Bill Lazor what's your plan this week?

Being ultra conservative. No funny stuff, no fancy play calls, no 4th down conversions. Run a lot, get the ball away quickly, avoid giving them good field position. Our only chance in this game is Bortles.
Reply/Quote
Pad Dalton until he looks like the Michelin tire man.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well, let's see--they lead the league in sacks and have a top notch secondary. We have the worst line in football and one receiver who can get open.

They have a top notch running game with a young freak of nature RB and a very good TE. We can't stop the run and haven't covered TE's in what seems like a generation.

Yeah, we're all set.

Bill Walsh couldn't have game planned around that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Man everyone is so optimistic today, Mike Brown should just save the travel expense and keep the team home this week.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
[Image: Duck+and+Cover.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well Dalton does play better on the road.. And the Jags don't play as well at home.

Theres always a chance.

hopefully no more Andre whiffing
Reply/Quote
These are funny, but in all seriousness and fairness to the OP:

I would run with two TEs and two WRs with a single back. Go unbalanced at times to grind out some tough yards. Have a few wrinkles from that formation after pounding for four yards a few times (a huge victory for the Bengals) and have play action with a throw back to a TE that leaked out from the blocking scheme in the opposite direction. You have to set it up, but Jax plays very undisciplined in their rush. They have some defensive studs that are looking for one thing and one thing only: sacks. It is estimated you get $1 million per sack on your next deal (annual), but you can use that aggressiveness against them.

It might be a boring as hell game plan, but if you can sustain just enough drives to get 20 points, and our defense plays like it can, they should be able to hold them to less than that.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 03:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: These are funny, but in all seriousness and fairness to the OP:

I would run with two TEs and two WRs with a single back.  Go unbalanced at times to grind out some tough yards.  Have  a few wrinkles from that formation after pounding for four yards a few times (a huge victory for the Bengals) and have play action with a throw back to a TE that leaked out from the blocking scheme in the opposite direction.  You have to set it up, but Jax plays very undisciplined in their rush.  They have some defensive studs that are looking for one thing and one thing only:  sacks.  It is estimated you get $1 million per sack on your next deal (annual), but you can use that aggressiveness against them.  

It might be a boring as hell game plan, but if you can sustain just enough drives to get 20 points, and our defense plays like it can, they should be able to hold them to less than that.

Agree 100%

As bad as our line is I think two TE's are a must.  Or that third tackle like we used to use all the time (#74 is an eligible receiver)

As I have said numerous times we aren't the only team in the NFL with a bad o-line, need to work through it!!!
Reply/Quote
Curl up in a little weepy ball, I imagine.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:38 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I will be in attendance. My plan is to employ the same irrational confidence in victory I use every week, then angry internet post after we lose by 21.

Hello, most fans
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Gotta keep him in the shotgun. Line Ross, Green and Lafell up every play. Set a threat of downfield destruction to prevent the blitzes. Throw deep on first play of game to let them know you are serious. We need a RB/Blocker in the backfield (this is where we will miss Burkhead). When they are weak on coverage, screen to RB's and issue run game. When they get frisky? Burn them with the deep ball. Only way to keep them honest. Stop scripting your damn offense and make every play a huge ?.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:13 PM)corpjet Wrote: Man everyone is so optimistic today, Mike Brown should just save the travel expense and keep the team home this week.

Don't give Son of Paul any ideas.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 03:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't give Son of Paul any ideas.....

Exactly. He will hang on to this and actually put it in the play book. Team to tough? Cancel trip. Calling for rain? Cancel trip. Butthurt because you didn't get enough whipped cream on your dessert? Cancel trip. Look at the bright side. We could finish 500 every year.

Reply/Quote