Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Plan for Jacksonville
Spend the whole week massaging Kevin Huber's punting leg and feeding him his greens 'cos he's going to be kicking a lot and we really need him to smash the snot out of the ball everytime
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 03:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Gotta keep him in the shotgun. Line Ross, Green and Lafell up every play. Set a threat of downfield destruction to prevent the blitzes. Throw deep on first play of game to let them know you are serious. We need a RB/Blocker in the backfield (this is where we will miss Burkhead). When they are weak on coverage, screen to RB's and issue run game. When they get frisky? Burn them with the deep ball. Only way to keep them honest. Stop scripting your damn offense and make every play a huge ?.

You have to keep Andy in shotgun for the simple fact there is never truly a pocket so Dalton needs to be as far away from the LOS as possible. When he's under center, he's getting pressured practically immediately.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. Buy Dalton a coffin.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 03:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Gotta keep him in the shotgun. Line Ross, Green and Lafell up every play. Set a threat of downfield destruction to prevent the blitzes. Throw deep on first play of game to let them know you are serious. We need a RB/Blocker in the backfield (this is where we will miss Burkhead). When they are weak on coverage, screen to RB's and issue run game. When they get frisky? Burn them with the deep ball. Only way to keep them honest. Stop scripting your damn offense and make every play a huge ?.

The only problem with your plan on throwing deep the first play is, it will be 2nd & 17 and they are scraping Dalton up of the turf....
Reply/Quote
Run the ball, throw it to AJ, & Kroft. Stop their running game. I think our D/ST scores again in this one.
Andy better wear his dancing shoes!
Reply/Quote
Really really bad matchup for us. I can't imagine a team that is more set up to exploit our weaknesses then Jax.

If the line even is going to become average by the end.of this year, this is the game to start. If you can pass block against Jax, you can do it against anyone. Let's hope these guys take some pride, realize they're letting the team and their QB down, and at the least communicate better at the line. I understand lacking talent and getting beat. But there is zero excuse to be allowing untouched blockers to come flying through the line every other play.

I'm really seeing a 27-3 type asskicking by Jax. I hope I'm wrong. If I am, I will allow myself to believe a little again
Reply/Quote
Basically both play out of shotgun and use extra blockers.
Reply/Quote
Like others have said like 95% of our plays need to be in the shotgun. Use Gio and Mixon in 2 back sets flanking Dalton to one try and keep him from getting killed. Two to peel out in the flats as safety valves.

They're gonna have to get creative, use some rub routes crossing the middle. Screens and draws a lot. Basically no 1st down runs puts us behind the chains nearly every time.

They're going to have to try and block long enough (bring in help) and take a good bit of downfield shots. They have to find some way to get a vertical threat going !

We can't run and if all we have is the 5 -20 yard downfield zone to play it we're gonna get killed !

But to be honest we have little to no chance in this game. We can't run, they can = beat in football right from the jump. Add in they have the best pass rush in the NFL and this game will most likely be on ugly #$%$%$ &^%$%.
Reply/Quote
Beg Anthony Munoz and Max Montoya to come back.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 04:59 PM)Brimey Wrote: I'm really seeing a 27-3 type asskicking by Jax. I hope I'm wrong. If I am, I will allow myself to believe a little again

Honestly, if they shut down Fournette and find a way to hang a 30 burger on them in Jax, then I think there is no way you can't believe at least a little again.  
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 03:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hello, most fans

Everyone make sure to be here Sunday for the gameday thread.  It's gonna be epic.  Imma lose my shit six, maybe eight times just before the half.  Who Dey!  

(10-31-2017, 09:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, if they shut down Fournette and find a way to hang a 30 burger on them in Jax, then I think there is no way you can't believe at least a little again.  

Well, if they can go on the road and beat a legit Jaxsonville team, hell, I'll start making plans for WC weekend.  I'm afraid though it will be the reverse, and this game will separate the wheat from the chaff.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Get more points than them. Play harder. Do your job. Take care of the ball. Put hill in. To start 1st and3rd quarters. It is working so well so far.
Reply/Quote
The game plan:

First 2 offensive plays run Hill up the middle and end up 3rd down and 7 for the first down. Forget about Mixon because the media, fans and players dared to challenge Marvin on why Mixon didn't get more snaps. Marvin will show you he knows best!

3rd and 7: Andy drops back, has to run for his life because the o-line is no better than cardboard cutouts. He has to throw the ball away.

Punt

Bengals defense comes through and stop the Jags. They punt and Bengals get the ball on the 25 yard line. Marvin, "We should not try to establish the run game to open play option because we are down 0-0". First down passing play and Andy has to run for his life due to the o-line breaking down and throws it away.

2nd and 10, "Hey lets pass again even though Dalton has no time to progress through his reads." Dalton gets sacked.

3rd and 16, " Now it is time to run the ball. That will trick them. I'll put Mixon in." Mixon for a 3 yard gain because the o-line coudn't run block. Punt.

Wash and repeat. Half time: Jags 3 Bengals 0. In the locker room "Hey the Jags have a good defense. That's nice. Let's spend our time watching cartoons."

Second half, Bengals make no changes to the game plan. Final score Jags 12 Bengals 3.

Post game interview Marvin, "I think we did a lot of good things. Just not enough good things." giggle.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The Jacksonville Jaguars are a far better team in 2017 than the Cincinnati Bengals. This is obvious but all is not lost because there is one proven way to beat a better team:

Knock the stuffing out of their quarterback.

When the Bengals beat the Broncos in 2014 and beat the Patriots in 2013 it was because Mike Zimmer put extreme pressure on Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Similarly, Blake Bortles will have to be hurried, hit, or sacked on every drop back.

Cincinnati does not have the Zimmer pass rush anymore. Against Jacksonville it will take some blitz packages to put Bortles on the turf and this means releasing Vontaze Burfict from his usual role as a run stopper when the defensive line can’t stop the rush at first contact. He’ll have to get into the backfield and disrupt plays.

The Bengals’ defense will have to win this game. The other side of the ball can’t score enough by themselves to even beat the Colts.
Reply/Quote
We need to get a lucky bounce. It's been how many games since the Bengals recovered a fumble. I've lost count that's for sure. I mean seriously we never get a damn break. Every drop pass to Green seems to go straight into the defenders hands. Every fumble we've had seems to bounce right to the defender.
Reply/Quote
For the Bengals to have any chance they have got to muster up a running game.

I don't care if it's not working, stick to the run. All. Game. Long.

Take a couple PA shots deep to Green and run the **** out of the football.

That's the gameplan.
Reply/Quote
1. start a go fund me page for Daltons family.
Reply/Quote
The only way we can pass right now is to get into that max protect formation with a back on either side of Dalton. It's very limiting, and will take a lot of planning, but it's all we got.

If you look at the video from the game, you can see our O-linemen are the kings of whiff, hardly slowing people down many times. And when they're not whiffing, they are confused about who to block. We end up with two guys blocking one guy while someone runs free.

There's no way we fix this crap anytime soon, so get into max protect and work with three receivers. It's better than getting our quarterback injured, while loosing yardage in chunks. Also, run the ball a lot. The defense has to win this for us.
Reply/Quote
Get a lead, force Bortles to make a play...

What will happen? Fournette will go off. Our run game will continue to be awful, Dalton will be put into third and long situations....Dalton will get destroyed...Calais Campbell will have at least 1.5 sacks.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 12:02 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Jacksonville Jaguars are a far better team in 2017 than the Cincinnati Bengals.  This is obvious but all is not lost because there is one proven way to beat a better team:

Knock the stuffing out of their quarterback.

When the Bengals beat the Broncos in 2014 and beat the Patriots in 2013 it was because Mike Zimmer put extreme pressure on Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.  Similarly, Blake Bortles will have to be hurried, hit, or sacked on every drop back.  

Cincinnati does not have the Zimmer pass rush anymore.  Against Jacksonville it will take some blitz packages to put Bortles on the turf and this means releasing Vontaze Burfict from his usual role as a run stopper when the defensive line can’t stop the rush at first contact.  He’ll have to get into the backfield and disrupt plays.

The Bengals’ defense will have to win this game.  The other side of the ball can’t score enough by themselves to even beat the Colts.

I agree but I'm really worried they are just going to on the field for too long and that will eventually wear the D down.  I can see us keeping it close and then eventually giving up a big play late in the 3rd/4th to kill the game. 

Jax is the sort of team built to win time of possession and they'll happily give Fournette the ball multiple times in a row (assuming he's fit) and keep the game out of Bortles hands.

That combined with plenty of 3 & outs from our Offense causes problems

That's the pessimistic view....the good news is that we really have a healthy rotation going on the DL and DB and I think that's is going to have to be fully utilized on Sunday!!
Reply/Quote